Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

S2 Cognition Test Results

King Colt

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

I havent seen all the other years so i guess 70's which is a C may be ok, anyone have the others ?

I don’t know enough to know one way or the other, but I wouldn’t be too quick to decide that scores in the 70’s equals a C.  I’d say….  Maybe.  

And here’s why…..

We have posters who think PFF grades are the same way….  90’s are an A, 80’s are a B, 70’s are a C and so on. 

But that’s not how PFF equates them.   So, for example, Nelson’s grades in his first three years were in the upper 80’s, then in the low 90’s, then again in the upper 80’s.  

Every year, there’s only a handful of players at any position who grade in the 90’s.   It’s an almost unattainable score.  If you’re grading in the upper 80’s you’re one of the better players in the league.   Even if you’re grading in the mid to low 70’s, you’re a very solid player. 

It’s not as cut and dry as some would have you believe.  

11 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

79 doesnt seem so hot either so hopefully it doesnt have a ton of bearing on success.

Before the S2 was the Wonderlic. Many swore by them. Ryan Fitzpatrick had one of the highest scores (48) ever. He certainly was not the best player. Look at scores for others: Peyton Manning (28), Russell Wilson (28), Andrew Luck (37), Ryan Tannehill (34), Colin Kaepernick (38),  Brett Favre (22), Aaron Rodgers (35), Tom Brady (33), Mahomes (24)...

As you can see, the test scores do not determine how successful you will be in the NFL. Some with the lower scores (like Favre) had Hall of Fame careers. I bet it is the same with the S2.

28 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Before the S2 was the Wonderlic. Many swore by them. Ryan Fitzpatrick had one of the highest scores (48) ever. He certainly was not the best player. Look at scores for others: Peyton Manning (28), Russell Wilson (28), Andrew Luck (37), Ryan Tannehill (34), Colin Kaepernick (38),  Brett Favre (22), Aaron Rodgers (35), Tom Brady (33), Mahomes (24)...

As you can see, the test scores do not determine how successful you will be in the NFL. Some with the lower scores (like Favre) had Hall of Fame careers. I bet it is the same with the S2.

Dan Marino scored a 15

I've never been a fan of tests being used to judge an individual. Too many variables to consider in a single test. Perhaps the person had a headache, had family / personal life distractions, or perhaps they have testing anxiety and just don't do well on them. 

Whether it's a student or a player, I'd rather look at their overall body of work as opposed to a singular point. 

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

I've never been a fan of tests being used to judge an individual. Too many variables to consider in a single test. Perhaps the person had a headache, had family / personal life distractions, or perhaps they have testing anxiety and just don't do well on them. 

Whether it's a student or a player, I'd rather look at their overall body of work as opposed to a singular point. 

Well, sure. And I'm certain that happens in all cases.

The test is just one measurement.

15 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

79 doesnt seem so hot either so hopefully it doesnt have a ton of bearing on success.

That's percentile. It means he's better than 79% of the players who have taken it(actually I'm not sure if they've divided it by position so it's possible it's better than 79% of the QBs). It's pretty good. Not elite, but good. 

5 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I agree.

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Marino isnt bright at all, can play the game but dumb as a rock and had a bad drug problem to boot. 

The point is that these tests don't determine how you will succeed in the NFL. Marino is one of the best QBs to ever play, despite some of his issues.

He DID NOT fail a drug test prior to the draft.  That was rumored - causing him to drop the the bottom of the first round.

He and John Elway (top of the first round) were the most prolific of the multitude of QB's selected in Round 1 in 1983.

Dan Marino owned a LOT of the NFL records that Peyton Manning eventually broke.  You don't achieve that level of proficiency by being "dumb as a rock".

Archived