Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dane Brugler's top 100 NFL Draft Board

Here's an updated version of Dane Brugler's top 100 ranking of this year's NFL Draft prospects:

https://theathletic.com/4185491/2023/02/14/nfl-draft-2023-top-100-players-dane-brugler/

I will include the short snippets included with the QBs along with their position on the board and then I will try to note some of his rankings that make in impression on me... 

3. Bryce Young, QB, Alabama (5-10, 192)

While his size makes him a complete outlier as an NFL prospect, Bryce Young is an instinctive problem-solver at the quarterback position. Given his slight frame, it is fair to question his long-term durability, but Young processes his surroundings extremely well with the uncanny vision, instincts and accuracy needed to thrive at the next level.

7. C.J. Stroud, QB, Ohio State (6-3, 207)

An outstanding rhythm passer, especially from the pocket, C.J. Stroud is able to layer the football with outstanding touch and control. He played the game of his life against Georgia in the playoffs, showing improved comfort as an improviser. Stroud’s passing skills give him a solid floor as an NFL starter, but his development as a creator is what will ultimately determine his ceiling.

10. Will Levis, QB, Kentucky (6-4, 230)

Will Levis struggled to live up to expectations as a senior in 2022, but I think there are more reasons than excuses behind his inconsistent play. There is no question that he needs to see things more quickly, but he is physically built for the pro game with impressive tools, intelligence and toughness worth developing.

14. Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida (6-4, 232)

A very young and unrefined passer, Anthony Richardson doesn’t have the most impressive resume (zero career games with 250-plus passing yards and a 60 percent or higher completion rate). However, his impressive talent gives him the highest ceiling of any quarterback in this class. A traits-based prospect, Richardson is the most intriguing wild card of the 2023 draft.

Some rankings of note:

- the top 5 is Carter, Will Anderson, Young, Skoronski, Christian Gonzales(CB, Oregon)

- Bijan Robinson in top 10(no.6)

- Joey Porter Jr at no 11... pretty high

- Broderick Jones at no. 12 - he mentiones he's heard several teams have him as the best OT in the draft

- Myles Murphy at no. 13 - he used to be the first player after the top 2 QB and Carter and Anderson in a ton of mocks... lately I've been seeing him more and more in this 10-15 range. 

- Jordan Addison WR1 at no. 20

- Jahmyr Gibbs at 21. I think this is the highest I've seen him. 

- Jalin Hyatt at 22 - WR2. 

- 4 TEs in the top 30 - Michael Mayer TE1(24), Luke Musgrave 27, Darnell Washington 29, Dalton Kincaid 30... very strong TE draft IMO...

- Darnell Wright at 37... kind of high...

- Cody Mauch at 39 - the interesting thing is not the ranking but the fact that NFL teams seem to be considering moving him to center or guard. 

- Devon Achane 44 - pretty high, he's a small but speedy and elusive RB

- Gervon Dexter Sr in the top 50

- Zay Flowers - out of top 50 (55)

- Anton Harrison - 63, pretty low

- Wanya Morris, OT, Oklahoma - no. 69... nice... highest I've seen him I think... 

- Darius Rush at 79 - he's climbing up boards after the Senior Bowl

57 minutes ago, stitches said:

Here's an updated version of Dane Brugler's top 100 ranking of this year's NFL Draft prospects:

https://theathletic.com/4185491/2023/02/14/nfl-draft-2023-top-100-players-dane-brugler/

I will include the short snippets included with the QBs along with their position on the board and then I will try to note some of his rankings that make in impression on me... 

Some rankings of note:

- the top 5 is Carter, Will Anderson, Young, Skoronski, Christian Gonzales(CB, Oregon)

- Bijan Robinson in top 10(no.6)

- Joey Porter Jr at no 11... pretty high

- Broderick Jones at no. 12 - he mentiones he's heard several teams have him as the best OT in the draft

- Myles Murphy at no. 13 - he used to be the first player after the top 2 QB and Carter and Anderson in a ton of mocks... lately I've been seeing him more and more in this 10-15 range. 

- Jordan Addison WR1 at no. 20

- Jahmyr Gibbs at 21. I think this is the highest I've seen him. 

- Jalin Hyatt at 22 - WR2. 

- 4 TEs in the top 30 - Michael Mayer TE1(24), Luke Musgrave 27, Darnell Washington 29, Dalton Kincaid 30... very strong TE draft IMO...

- Darnell Wright at 37... kind of high...

- Cody Mauch at 39 - the interesting thing is not the ranking but the fact that NFL teams seem to be considering moving him to center or guard. 

- Devon Achane 44 - pretty high, he's a small but speedy and elusive RB

- Gervon Dexter Sr in the top 50

- Zay Flowers - out of top 50 (55)

- Anton Harrison - 63, pretty low

- Wanya Morris, OT, Oklahoma - no. 69... nice... highest I've seen him I think... 

- Darius Rush at 79 - he's climbing up boards after the Senior Bowl

OMG, I drafted Darius Rush, 5 minutes before you posted this, on PFF mock draft, at wait for it, No.79, lol :) 

Also, this begs the question. If the price for No.1 is too high, and we like both Stroud and Levis the same way, aren't we better off standing pat and taking one of them?

13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

OMG, I drafted Darius Rush, 5 minutes before you posted this, on PFF mock draft, at wait for it, No.79, lol :) 

Also, this begs the question. If the price for No.1 is too high, and we like both Stroud and Levis the same way, aren't we better off standing pat and taking one of them?

If we truly love one of the QBs, I would be OK trading up. I personally don't love any of them enough to trade a 1st to move up, but if Ballard has a clear favorite, I kind of feel like there is no price too expensive to get your franchise QB of the future. But if not - then staying put at 4 or even trading down IMO are good options. 

10 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I’ve heard mixed opinions on him but I think he’s got talent. I’m especially interested if we end up drafting Stroud at 4. Can turn around and get him in the 2nd.

He's probably the best route runner in the draft with probably the best hands and ball skills in the draft. But he also is somewhat limited with his lack of top end speed and explosive athleteicism. He's played predominantly from the slot and only has 1 year of great production. I can see why teams would pass on him... On paper, he's more the type of receiver you draft in the 2nd-3d round... but I've seen him being mocked as high as top 10, so... who knows? 

13 minutes ago, stitches said:

He's probably the best route runner in the draft with probably the best hands and ball skills in the draft. But he also is somewhat limited with his lack of top end speed and explosive athleteicism. He's played predominantly from the slot and only has 1 year of great production. I can see why teams would pass on him... On paper, he's more the type of receiver you draft in the 2nd-3d round... but I've seen him being mocked as high as top 10, so... who knows? 

The kid was unstoppable in 2021, nobody could seem to cover him.... and he caught everything

Was hurt most of last year......

If we can get Stroud, it would be awesome to get them both..... somehow

Archived