Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let's fix the Colts - Mock 1.0

Folks, this year has been as tough as they come. As a coping mechanism fun activity, I thought I'd take a stab at how I'd steer the team with a (way too early & very unrealisitc) off-season mock 1.0.

For starters, I'd keep Ballard for another year and give him a shot to draft a top QB + build for the early days of a "re-tool". I'd leverage our draft capital, $$$, a promise of roster control/steering, and young pieces to try and entice a Sean Payton type to become our next coach. With reports that we're "in" on Harbaugh, I don't think its a stretch Irsay would make these promises for a big name HC. 

Starting off, we're sitting at a cap number of roughly 32.2M in 23'. 

I'd first make a few moves to try and free up some space/breathing room heading into FA: 

• Try to restructure Matt Ryan's deal. Obviously this is very presumptuous, we don't even know if Ryan plans to play in 22'. Cutting Ryan would leave us with 18mil in dead cap (not ideal), its hard to imagine any team giving up assets for him (or taking him on for anything less than a day 2 pick coming back). Given Ryan's locker room presence and role as a leader and mentor, I think it's possible Ryans willing to work with our FO to stay on a more team friendly deal structure. 
  • Trade Kenny Moore. It's tough, but man, Kenny was brutal last year. He was picked on deliberately, allowed a 121.8 passer rating when targeted & gave up a brutal 10.4 per reception. I really don't know where his value stands, so this deal might be a bit off, but I could see a young team in need of defensive pieces making a swing for a leader on a cheap deal. 
    • Let's roll with Seattle, the team with the most draft capital in the league. They've got Woolen and Bryant as boundary pieces but lack a slot corner and could use the leadership. 
    • Indy trades Kenny Moore, 4th Rounder (99th overall) to Seattle for a 2nd (36th overall), a 5th (149th overall) 
    • Cap savings: 7.8m 
  • Cut Nick Foles. No further elaboration.

Cap: ~49M

Trade: Kenny Moore, 4th (99th overall) to Seattle for 2nd (36th overal) thru DEN, 5th (149th overall) thru PIT

Re-signings: 

• Parris Campbell 2 year, 6.5 million 
  • Bobby Okereke 3 year, 13 million
  • Chase McClouglin 2 year, 6 million 
  • EJ Speed 1 year, 1.75 million 
  • Rodney McLeod 1 year 2 million

Most of these signings are depth plays (Campbell getting another shot to be the full-time slot or a meaningful gadget player, EJ Speed and Rodney McLeod getting deals based on solid 23' play) so I'll focus more on the decisions to let certain players go -- mainly, Yannick Ngakoue. Yannick's contributed to our vastly improved pass rush with 12 sacks and 44 pressures. With that being said, he's probably looking for a massive payday (15-18 annually), and is still terrible against the run. I think we're far better off taking an approach more similar to that of the Philadelphia Eagles -- signing rotational pass rushers who provide high upside, while investing in the draft and running very much by committee. 

Cap: 34.5M 

Free Agents: 

• Isaac Seumalo, Guard, 2 years 24.5 million (14 mil guaranteed, backloaded 23' hit of 8.5 mil, 24' hit of 16mil) 

Don't get me wrong, this is not a move I'm dying for by any means. But I think given the state of our line and available interior (and tackle) free agent options, this makes the most sense. The Colts OL is already ridiculously expensive, and adding another 8 figure guard is hard to stomach, but, if theres one positional group that needs to improve for us to stand any chance of playing up to our talent level- its the line. Seumalo could be a great "bridge" or stopgap player providing instant relief to terrible interior play, and setting up a 2 year window to draft and develop a cheaper starting RG. Seumalo's been very solid for Philly this year, allowing 1 sack and only 17 pressures. He's graded out as a top 5 guard by PFF, following up on a solid 21' year where he graded out top 10 (0 sacks allowed). 

• Dawuane Smoot, Edge, 3 year 40 million (20 mil guaranteed, backloaded 23' hit of 7 mil, 24' hit of 17 mil, 25' hit of 16 mil) 

Smoot, 27, is coming off his best pro season on a prove it deal from the Jags. He recorded 6 sacks and 36 pressures (playing about 50-70% of snaps since mid season. He's in a for a decent pay day, and would be a valuable piece to add to our rotation. Reminds me a bit of the Hassan Reddick situation (high production, lack of long term investment from NFL teams - finds a home in Philly and thrives in their rotation). I think letting Yannick walk, bringing in a guy like Smoot & drafting a edge rusher is the best direction for our line. 

• Taylor Rapp, Safety, 3 year 24 million (14 mil guaranteed, backloaded 23' hit of 5 mil, 24' hit of 12 mil, 25' hit of 7 mil)

Rapp is a jack of all trades safety - he played primarily as a box safety for the Rams in 22', but can easily play Free and a bit of slot if necessary. He's very stout against the run, and would be a natural scheme fit in Bradley's cover 3. We'd be a lot more versatile, and would be able to hedge off of Julian Blackmon if he doesn't take a step back to his pre-injury level next year. 

• Mike Hughes, Cornerback, 1 year 2.5 million 

Another body to add after trading away Kenny. Hughes has played all over the field for the Lions, but primarily runs of out of the slot. He's not nearly the player against the run, but has decent coverage upside and could fill in as a slot in a pinch. 

Cap: 11.5M

Draft: 

1(5): C.J. Stroud, QB, Ohio State 

Trade: Colts jump back up into the end of the first round using the 2nd from Seattle. We jump up to 6 spots to 28, give up Nick Cross, a 23' 4th and a 24' 5th. Safety room is too crowded now for Nick Cross. After being starting at the beginning of the year, Cross was outright benched - he's a project and given how well Andrew Thomas has played, I think moving him now is a good idea. 

1 (28): Jared Verse, EDGE, Florida State

2 (35): Antonio Johnson, CB/S, Texas A&M 

3 (79): Cody Mauch, T/G, North Dakota State 

4 (99): Marvin Mims, WR, Oklahoma 

5 (122): Braeden Daniels, G/T, Utah

5 (131): Chase Brown, RB, Illinois 

6 (161): Tykee Smith, CB, Georgia 

7 (188): Jacob Slade, IDL, Michigan State

We start the draft off by grabbing our QB of the future in Stroud. He's got the size and arm you're looking for, with a few major ?s on tape. He played in an extremely strong OSU O, with WRs that were constantly wide open against inferior competition. Strouds feet are a nightmare on tape and his pocket presence will take some major work. With that being said, if he can put it together in the pocket and really buy into a system he's got all the tools to be elite. He lacks anticipatory and tight window flashes on tape, but hits on 1-2 'wow' throws. He's got some ROUGH tapes (Northwestern, Rutgers, Maryland) but he consistently saved his best for elite competition. He's an accurate deep ball passer who rarely makes errant throws. He's a bit of project, but much less of a projection than Levis. 

We then take a duo of defensive difference makers in Verse and Johnson. Verse is a two year starter at FSU (transferred from Albany). He's very athletic and has great size (6'4), he's got a great first step off the edge. He racked up 9 sacks and 24 pressures with a 23% pass rush win rate. He's a bit raw and would likely be best suited for a committee role off the bat, but has all the tools to be an elite edge rusher. Antonio Johnson has got to be one of my favourite players in this class - good chance he's gone by 35. He's a swiss army guy who played all over the field at TAMU (Slot 45% of snaps, deep safety 20% of snaps, box 17%, outside corner 10%). You him all around the defense and get really creative with your personnel packages. At 6'3 195 he's got great size for a slot corner, he's physical and plays the run very well. The only concern at the next level would be if he gets caught as a tweener in no mans land (hips not fluid enough to be a full time slot, not a great fit as a deep safety). 

In the third and fifth, I have us taking swing linemen who both played tackle but likely project more as guards at the next level. Mauch was a full time tackle, whereas Daniels has played all over the line (12 starts at LT, RT and LG). Mauch is a former tight-end and a six year starter (will be 24 as a rookie) so theres lots of shades of Raimann here. He moves really well for a 6'4 300 lineman but lacks elite power and length. Mauch allowed 2 sacks over the past 3 years, though level of competition is a concern. Daniels is very similar to Mauch in terms of build (6'4 300, lack of wingspan, good mobility) but is much more versatile. Daniels has also only allowed 2 sacks over the past 3 years (against better comp), but allowed 30 pressures this past year at RT. I'd say he's a poor mans' Cody Mauch in this class, with the vision here being take both, hope ones developed enough to start after Seumalo's deal is up. 

Marvin Mims is an explosive receiver whose elusive and tough to tackle (22 YPC, 8 YAC). He's a bit small at 5'11 175, and lacks elite route running you'd want to see from a WR that size. He's a big play threat who likely best projects as a slot guy at the next level. Chase Brown provides another body behind Taylor/Moss. Tykee Smith was Georgia's slot who started off as a deep safety. He lost his 21' season to injury and struggled to get off to a strong start in 22'. He's another guy we can bring in for some slot-specific depth without Moore. 

Rough look at the 23' Roster: 

QB: Stroud - Ryan - Ehlinger 

RB: Taylor - Brown - Moss 

WR: Pittman - Pierce - Campbell - Mims - Duhlin - Strahan

TE: Woods - Ali-Cox - Gransen 

OT: Raimann - Smith - Mauch - Fries 

OG: Nelson - Seumalo - Daniels - Pinter

C: Kelly - French 

Edge: Smooth - Verse 

IDL: Buckner - Stewart - Slade - Johnson

Edge: Paye - Odeyingbo - Banogu

WLB: Leonard - Stuard

MLB: Okereke - Domann

SLB: Franklin - Speed 

CB: Gilmore - Rodgers - Hughes - Flowers

Slot: Johnson - Smith 

FS: Blackmon - Thomas

SS: Rapp - McLeod 

Cheers to anything but the 2022 Colts!

1 hour ago, RealityIsLuck said:

Folks, this year has been as tough as they come. As a coping mechanism fun activity, I thought I'd take a stab at how I'd steer the team with a (way too early & very unrealisitc) off-season mock 1.0.

For starters, I'd keep Ballard for another year and give him a shot to draft a top QB + build for the early days of a "re-tool". I'd leverage our draft capital, $$$, a promise of roster control/steering, and young pieces to try and entice a Sean Payton type to become our next coach. With reports that we're "in" on Harbaugh, I don't think its a stretch Irsay would make these promises for a big name HC. 

Starting off, we're sitting at a cap number of roughly 32.2M in 23'. 

I'd first make a few moves to try and free up some space/breathing room heading into FA: 

• Try to restructure Matt Ryan's deal. Obviously this is very presumptuous, we don't even know if Ryan plans to play in 22'. Cutting Ryan would leave us with 18mil in dead cap (not ideal), its hard to imagine any team giving up assets for him (or taking him on for anything less than a day 2 pick coming back). Given Ryan's locker room presence and role as a leader and mentor, I think it's possible Ryans willing to work with our FO to stay on a more team friendly deal structure. 
  • Trade Kenny Moore. It's tough, but man, Kenny was brutal last year. He was picked on deliberately, allowed a 121.8 passer rating when targeted & gave up a brutal 10.4 per reception. I really don't know where his value stands, so this deal might be a bit off, but I could see a young team in need of defensive pieces making a swing for a leader on a cheap deal. 
    • Let's roll with Seattle, the team with the most draft capital in the league. They've got Woolen and Bryant as boundary pieces but lack a slot corner and could use the leadership. 
    • Indy trades Kenny Moore, 4th Rounder (99th overall) to Seattle for a 2nd (36th overall), a 5th (149th overall) 
    • Cap savings: 7.8m 
  • Cut Nick Foles. No further elaboration.

Trade: Kenny Moore, 4th (99th overall) to Seattle for 2nd (36th overal) thru DEN, 5th (149th overall) thru PIT

Re-signings: 

Most of these signings are depth plays (Campbell getting another shot to be the full-time slot or a meaningful gadget player, EJ Speed and Rodney McLeod getting deals based on solid 23' play) so I'll focus more on the decisions to let certain players go -- mainly, Yannick Ngakoue. Yannick's contributed to our vastly improved pass rush with 12 sacks and 44 pressures. With that being said, he's probably looking for a massive payday (15-18 annually), and is still terrible against the run. I think we're far better off taking an approach more similar to that of the Philadelphia Eagles -- signing rotational pass rushers who provide high upside, while investing in the draft and running very much by committee. 

Cap: 34.5M 

Free Agents: 

• Isaac Seumalo, Guard, 2 years 24.5 million (14 mil guaranteed, backloaded 23' hit of 8.5 mil, 24' hit of 16mil) 

Don't get me wrong, this is not a move I'm dying for by any means. But I think given the state of our line and available interior (and tackle) free agent options, this makes the most sense. The Colts OL is already ridiculously expensive, and adding another 8 figure guard is hard to stomach, but, if theres one positional group that needs to improve for us to stand any chance of playing up to our talent level- its the line. Seumalo could be a great "bridge" or stopgap player providing instant relief to terrible interior play, and setting up a 2 year window to draft and develop a cheaper starting RG. Seumalo's been very solid for Philly this year, allowing 1 sack and only 17 pressures. He's graded out as a top 5 guard by PFF, following up on a solid 21' year where he graded out top 10 (0 sacks allowed). 

• Dawuane Smoot, Edge, 3 year 40 million (20 mil guaranteed, backloaded 23' hit of 7 mil, 24' hit of 17 mil, 25' hit of 16 mil) 

Smoot, 27, is coming off his best pro season on a prove it deal from the Jags. He recorded 6 sacks and 36 pressures (playing about 50-70% of snaps since mid season. He's in a for a decent pay day, and would be a valuable piece to add to our rotation. Reminds me a bit of the Hassan Reddick situation (high production, lack of long term investment from NFL teams - finds a home in Philly and thrives in their rotation). I think letting Yannick walk, bringing in a guy like Smoot & drafting a edge rusher is the best direction for our line. 

• Taylor Rapp, Safety, 3 year 24 million (14 mil guaranteed, backloaded 23' hit of 5 mil, 24' hit of 12 mil, 25' hit of 7 mil)

Rapp is a jack of all trades safety - he played primarily as a box safety for the Rams in 22', but can easily play Free and a bit of slot if necessary. He's very stout against the run, and would be a natural scheme fit in Bradley's cover 3. We'd be a lot more versatile, and would be able to hedge off of Julian Blackmon if he doesn't take a step back to his pre-injury level next year. 

• Mike Hughes, Cornerback, 1 year 2.5 million 

Another body to add after trading away Kenny. Hughes has played all over the field for the Lions, but primarily runs of out of the slot. He's not nearly the player against the run, but has decent coverage upside and could fill in as a slot in a pinch. 

Cap: 11.5M

Draft: 

1(5): C.J. Stroud, QB, Ohio State 

Trade: Colts jump back up into the end of the first round using the 2nd from Seattle. We jump up to 6 spots to 28, give up Nick Cross, a 23' 4th and a 24' 5th. Safety room is too crowded now for Nick Cross. After being starting at the beginning of the year, Cross was outright benched - he's a project and given how well Andrew Thomas has played, I think moving him now is a good idea. 

1 (28): Jared Verse, EDGE, Florida State

2 (35): Antonio Johnson, CB/S, Texas A&M 

3 (79): Cody Mauch, T/G, North Dakota State 

4 (99): Marvin Mims, WR, Oklahoma 

5 (122): Braeden Daniels, G/T, Utah

5 (131): Chase Brown, RB, Illinois 

6 (161): Tykee Smith, CB, Georgia 

7 (188): Jacob Slade, IDL, Michigan State

We start the draft off by grabbing our QB of the future in Stroud. He's got the size and arm you're looking for, with a few major ?s on tape. He played in an extremely strong OSU O, with WRs that were constantly wide open against inferior competition. Strouds feet are a nightmare on tape and his pocket presence will take some major work. With that being said, if he can put it together in the pocket and really buy into a system he's got all the tools to be elite. He lacks anticipatory and tight window flashes on tape, but hits on 1-2 'wow' throws. He's got some ROUGH tapes (Northwestern, Rutgers, Maryland) but he consistently saved his best for elite competition. He's an accurate deep ball passer who rarely makes errant throws. He's a bit of project, but much less of a projection than Levis. 

We then take a duo of defensive difference makers in Verse and Johnson. Verse is a two year starter at FSU (transferred from Albany). He's very athletic and has great size (6'4), he's got a great first step off the edge. He racked up 9 sacks and 24 pressures with a 23% pass rush win rate. He's a bit raw and would likely be best suited for a committee role off the bat, but has all the tools to be an elite edge rusher. Antonio Johnson has got to be one of my favourite players in this class - good chance he's gone by 35. He's a swiss army guy who played all over the field at TAMU (Slot 45% of snaps, deep safety 20% of snaps, box 17%, outside corner 10%). You him all around the defense and get really creative with your personnel packages. At 6'3 195 he's got great size for a slot corner, he's physical and plays the run very well. The only concern at the next level would be if he gets caught as a tweener in no mans land (hips not fluid enough to be a full time slot, not a great fit as a deep safety). 

In the third and fifth, I have us taking swing linemen who both played tackle but likely project more as guards at the next level. Mauch was a full time tackle, whereas Daniels has played all over the line (12 starts at LT, RT and LG). Mauch is a former tight-end and a six year starter (will be 24 as a rookie) so theres lots of shades of Raimann here. He moves really well for a 6'4 300 lineman but lacks elite power and length. Mauch allowed 2 sacks over the past 3 years, though level of competition is a concern. Daniels is very similar to Mauch in terms of build (6'4 300, lack of wingspan, good mobility) but is much more versatile. Daniels has also only allowed 2 sacks over the past 3 years (against better comp), but allowed 30 pressures this past year at RT. I'd say he's a poor mans' Cody Mauch in this class, with the vision here being take both, hope ones developed enough to start after Seumalo's deal is up. 

Marvin Mims is an explosive receiver whose elusive and tough to tackle (22 YPC, 8 YAC). He's a bit small at 5'11 175, and lacks elite route running you'd want to see from a WR that size. He's a big play threat who likely best projects as a slot guy at the next level. Chase Brown provides another body behind Taylor/Moss. Tykee Smith was Georgia's slot who started off as a deep safety. He lost his 21' season to injury and struggled to get off to a strong start in 22'. He's another guy we can bring in for some slot-specific depth without Moore. 

Rough look at the 23' Roster: 

QB: Stroud - Ryan - Ehlinger 

RB: Taylor - Brown - Moss 

WR: Pittman - Pierce - Campbell - Mims - Duhlin - Strahan

TE: Woods - Ali-Cox - Gransen 

OT: Raimann - Smith - Mauch - Fries 

OG: Nelson - Seumalo - Daniels - Pinter

C: Kelly - French 

Edge: Smooth - Verse 

IDL: Buckner - Stewart - Slade - Johnson

Edge: Paye - Odeyingbo - Banogu

WLB: Leonard - Stuard

MLB: Okereke - Domann

SLB: Franklin - Speed 

CB: Gilmore - Rodgers - Hughes - Flowers

Slot: Johnson - Smith 

FS: Blackmon - Thomas

SS: Rapp - McLeod 

Cheers to anything but the 2022 Colts!

I’m straight up cutting Ryan, Kelly, Mo Allie-Cox, Foles and maybe even Kenny.  I’d restructure Buckner and Braden Smith. All of those moves get us about $87M in cap space which would help absorb Ryan’s $18m dead cap hit.  This years FA class isnt that great and that’s before anybody resigns their own players. Your draft is pretty nice!

22 hours ago, jblastick said:

I’m straight up cutting Ryan, Kelly, Mo Allie-Cox, Foles and maybe even Kenny.  I’d restructure Buckner and Braden Smith. All of those moves get us about $87M in cap space which would help absorb Ryan’s $18m dead cap hit.  This years FA class isnt that great and that’s before anybody resigns their own players. Your draft is pretty nice!

Thats fair. I was tempted to look into cutting Ryan, but I'm worried about the state of our IOL, and theres not too many options that would be affordable. I more on board with an approach of hope for a comeback year, maybe draft a developmental kid day 2 or early day 3, check the trade value and hold onto your asset until the values a bit better. 

I'd be completely okay with MAC getting cut. Woods and Gransen are more than capable. Still hoping we can re-coup some value for Kenny through a trade. 

trade taylor  #54 paying big money for rb is not a good idea

trade Q for 71    Even if he returns to form, can't pay that much for G

5  Paris Johnson OT

37.  Tanner Mckee  QB

54  Max Melton CB

71.  Sam Laporta TE

73.  Cooper Beebe  OG

4th round  Kris Abrams-Draine CB-slot

5th round Stetson Bennett  QB

6th  Charlie Jones  WR

I don't see a top 5 QB.  QB group is super deep, get great talent with high #2.  Pick up franchise tackle and a good 2nd round CB to help gilmore.  Finish it out by two more lineman and a te who can block.  I'd spend some money on defense, but I can't predict who would be willing to come to Indy, especially after this year.  Besides the baffling problems with OL, we need another CB besides the draft, and we have no scheme or personnel outside of Ngakoue and Buckner to apply pressure.  

1 hour ago, RunTheBall said:

trade taylor  #54 paying big money for rb is not a good idea

trade Q for 71    Even if he returns to form, can't pay that much for G

5  Paris Johnson OT

37.  Tanner Mckee  QB

54  Max Melton CB

71.  Sam Laporta TE

73.  Cooper Beebe  OG

4th round  Kris Abrams-Draine CB-slot

5th round Stetson Bennett  QB

6th  Charlie Jones  WR

I don't see a top 5 QB.  QB group is super deep, get great talent with high #2.  Pick up franchise tackle and a good 2nd round CB to help gilmore.  Finish it out by two more lineman and a te who can block.  I'd spend some money on defense, but I can't predict who would be willing to come to Indy, especially after this year.  Besides the baffling problems with OL, we need another CB besides the draft, and we have no scheme or personnel outside of Ngakoue and Buckner to apply pressure.  

Funny your username and then the players you want to trade 

On 1/2/2023 at 5:01 PM, jblastick said:

I agree with this Ryan is best gone

Mo Allie needs to move on, great potential, but its been long enough

Kelly is a shell of his old self, Pinter need to take the spot

Foles has drooped badly

We WILL need a vet that always seems to be available each year to teach the incoming QB how to be a pro

In addition to the QB that HOPEFULLY we draft early, We WILL need a RG from this draft or FA

We WILL need a TE that can block...... that guy isnt on this roster

I dont know about Kenny..... the first half of the year he wasnt playing NEARLY as well as other years

What do you pay the guy?  Top 10 CB money???  He isnt a top 10 CB anymore, or even close

I agree on keeping Buckner and Smith, as he started to play much better football the past 6 games

This team is not that far off

The offense is the clear problem

If we can get a QB with a little mobility, the defense cant cheat up to stop our run and CONSTANT short passes

At a minimum

New QB

New RG

New TE (Maybe its last years rookie)

ONE more WR that can stretch the defense

5 players......  on offense... maybe 2 FAs and 3 draftees

Add depth pieces in the draft on defense, but focus on these 5 spots on the offseason in the offseason, and if the choices are good, you can see a big improvement

Oh...... and this wont matter, unless we can find a real HC

The defense will look better if they dont have to stay on the field so long, and the offense can score 28 points a game

5 minutes ago, twfish said:

Funny your username and then the players you want to trade 

I have seen the light.  I don't want to go back to pass every down, but I think good tackles and the ability to pass the ball would improve our run game greatly.  Get good tackles and a complete tight end, and we are off to the races.  Putting all that money in guards and running backs will cripple the defense IMO.

Big Question.  How do you apply pressure with four down linemen?  Do you use the old Miami defense with two fatties in the middle and super quick ends lined up wide?  It seems tight ends would be an easy counter.  Pressure up the middle with guys like Buckner seems to work.  Put two run stopping ends and use two 3 tech tackles?  I have seen many NFL types say that with the ball coming out so quick, that you start with getting good DBs first.  Set the back end first.  Since teams can only pay huge money to 8 or nine players, you'd think only about 5 defenders would be big money types.  Whatever we are doing is not working.  Getting a bunch of left end types doesn't make sense in any plan.

I would like to see CB turn our first two picks into 1 first and 2-3 second Rounders this year. Not sure Gilmore, Yannick, Moore, Okereke will be back. Stroud has yet to declare…and I would not over pay for any QB in this years draft.  Ryan still under contract…(yep)

DB, S, LB, Edge… 

DB: Jones, Porter, Gonzales, Phillips III
S: Branch, Johnson, Nubin

LB: Simpson, Sanders, 

ED: Murphy, Ojulari, Foskey, MacDonald, Adebawore…

A lot of holes to fill. 

I would love if Ballard was able to turn the 4th overall pick into extra 2024 1sts, while still getting a very talented player like a Christian Gonzalez at corner. Then draft a very underrated QB late 3rd round or so in Cameron Ward who I really like with the right coach and offensive system. 

It’s no secret that I view the 2024 class as a MUCH better QB class especially at the top, and having multiple 1sts potentially from bottom tier teams gives you a very good chance at one of them, while also seeing what you may have in Cameron Ward and signing a vet to go along with him. 

38 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I would love if Ballard was able to turn the 4th overall pick into extra 2024 1sts, while still getting a very talented player like a Christian Gonzalez at corner. Then draft a very underrated QB late 3rd round or so in Cameron Ward who I really like with the right coach and offensive system. 

It’s no secret that I view the 2024 class as a MUCH better QB class especially at the top, and having multiple 1sts potentially from bottom tier teams gives you a very good chance at one of them, while also seeing what you may have in Cameron Ward and signing a vet to go along with him. 

If Carter or Anderson are there at 4 you pass on that?

On 1/2/2023 at 4:30 PM, RealityIsLuck said:

Re-signings: 

No one is going to give up a second round pick for Kenny Moore. (Not even if you included a few other draft picks)

Bobby Okereke will demand a lot more than $4 million a year to be a starter.

EJ Speed will earn more since he has shown the ability to make plays not on on special teams, but on defense.

Parris will be looking for a lot more than 3.5 million a year. I think Campbell and Okereke are gone.

Archived