Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Week 16: Around the NFL Game Discussion thread

NFLfan

2 minutes ago, IinD said:

They're saying 50°ish...:thmup:.

That's awesome enjoy. You're an east coast Viking fan?? I just figured you were a Minnesotan, if that's even a word. :)

You mean in Indy? Day after Christmas on Monday, 1-3 inches of snow expected with a high of high 20s

1 minute ago, IinD said:

They're saying 50°ish...:thmup:.

That's awesome enjoy. You're an east coast Viking fan?? I just figured you were a Minnesotan, if that's even a word. :)

I never lived in Minnesota. When I was in undergraduate school in NYS, I became a football fan. The Giants had won the SB against the Bills, but I did not want to be a fan of a NY team. I chose the Vikings.  That was back in the early 90s. 

I have been to only one game in MN. I have been to Vikings games in other cities. Had the Vikings played in Indy, I would have considered going to Indy for the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I never lived in Minnesota. When I was in undergraduate school in NYS, I became a football fan. The Giants had won the SB against the Bills, but I did not want to be a fan of a NY team. I chose the Vikings.  That was back in the early 90s. 

I have been to only one game in MN. I have been to Vikings games in other cities. Had the Vikings played in Indy, I would have considered going to Indy for the game.

Ahhh gotcha... Very cool hearing everyone's fan story. I became a fan because several family members were afc East fans growing up (jets, dolphins) so I started pulling for Indy to be different . Lol

SUNY student or private uni? SUNY graduate here :highfive2:..

2 minutes ago, IinD said:

Ahhh gotcha... Very cool hearing everyone's fan story. I became a fan because several family members were afc East fans growing up (jets, dolphins) so I started pulling for Indy to be different . Lol

SUNY student or private uni? SUNY graduate here :highfive2:..

SUNY...some call it the Ivy of the SUNY system. We have another SUNY guy here too. He is a Colts fan. 

• Like 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

Did you like SUNY? I enjoyed it and we saved money. Schools now cost too much. 

Yeah it wasn't bad, I went to SUNY Purchase. Was a commuter student so no campus fun.. I don't even remember most of the schools now. I think Buffalo, Stony Brook and Binghamton were the better schools.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IinD said:
10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Did you like SUNY? I enjoyed it and we saved money. Schools now cost too much. 

Yeah it wasn't bad, I went to SUNY Purchase. Was a commuter student so no campus fun.. I don't even remember most of the schools now. I think Buffalo, Stony Brook and Binghamton were the better schools.

Thanks for the message nflfan.  LinD talked about suny before.  I went to stonybrook and do think of it as a good school.  We talked about some of the actors that went to purchase.  Pretty cool. I had a friend that went there and she stayed working in theatre 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IinD said:

I knew people who went to Purchase. I went to Binghamton. ESPN's Tony Kornheiser and Carl Ravech went there. There is a guy who played in King of Queens who was at Binghamton when I was there.

@richard pallo Are you familiar with the SUNY system? 

• Like 1

Just now, Fluke_33 said:

Thanks for the message nflfan.  LinD talked about suny before.  I went to stonybrook and do think of it as a good school.  We talked about some of the actors that went to purchase.  Pretty cool. I had a friend that went there and she stayed working in theatre 

Nice... Good stuff. Nice having some NY/NJ folks around. I started school at Nassau, or as they called it the 13th grade... Lol

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I knew people who went to Purchase. I went to Binghamton. ESPN's Tony Kornheiser and Carl Ravech went there. There is a guy who played in King of Queens who was at Binghamton when I was there.

@richard pallo Are you familiar with the SUNY system? 

That's awesome.

Funny I had no clue about it being an artsy school when I enrolled until they had some alumni celebration and I somehow ended in a classroom talking with Stanley Tucci, Edie Falco and I think Wesley Snipes and a few other Hollywood types.. 

I remember thinking what are these famous people doing here... Lol

2 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Nassau in the Caribbean?  Lol.  

Nassau Community College

Just now, IinD said:

Nice... Good stuff. Nice having some NY/NJ folks around. I started school at Nassau, or as they called it the 13th grade... Lol

I am familiar with the areas.  I made deliveries all over NY/NJ. I absolutely loved upstate but hated the Cities.  

I had a few bad experiences in Patterson NJ and in the Newark areas.  I used to go out on Long Island and didn't enjoy that either haha

• Like 3

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

I am familiar with the areas.  I made deliveries all over NY/NJ. I absolutely loved upstate but hated the Cities.  

I had a few bad experiences in Patterson NJ and in the Newark areas.  I used to go out on Long Island and didn't enjoy that either haha

Small world that's so funny. 

Yeah Paterson NJ is the hood. . Lol

And I've spent plenty of time on long Island....

I now live about 15 minutes from the ugly MetLife stadium.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't think I ever went to Patterson but have been to Newark. I love Long Island -- depends where you go. 

The Hudson area in NY (Tarrytown, Hastings, Cold Spring, Irvington...) Is beautiful and serene.

How are you all enjoying the football games? Anything interesting. Dallas and the Eagles are tied at 17.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Would Colts fans be interested in Gardner Minshew or Daniel Jones? I think they are both free agents after this year.

Both are probably better than anybody we have this year, but I don't think either is a long term franchise guy. 

• Like 2

I’d be interested in some delicious bbq ribs

Just now, Dunk said:

Both are probably better than anybody we have this year, but I don't think either is a long term franchise guy. 

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Would Colts fans be interested in Gardner Minshew or Daniel Jones? I think they are both free agents after this year.

I’d be interested in some BBQ ribs.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I don't think I ever went to Patterson but have been to Newark. I love Long Island -- depends where you go. 

The Hudson area in NY (Tarrytown, Hastings, Cold Spring, Irvington...) Is beautiful and serene.

How are you all enjoying the football games? Anything interesting. Dallas and the Eagles are tied at 17.

Eagles went up with a FG.

I think Long Island had some beautiful places but I was driving a 18 wheeler so I wasn't welcomed.  It was so expensive it was ridiculous.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I wish I could live in that Hudson area. Was actually in the Tarrytown area a couple months back (Sleepy Hollow cemetery around Halloween). I've got family in Hastings actually :).

Nice having some Saturday football as a changeup.

• Like 2

Just now, IinD said:

I wish I could live in that Hudson area. Was actually in the Tarrytown area a couple months back (Sleepy Hollow cemetery around Halloween). I've got family in Hastings actually :).

Nice having some Saturday football as a changeup.

I was stationed at Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Maryland and it was a beautiful place. 

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Eagles went up with a FG.

I think Long Island had some beautiful places but I was driving a 18 wheeler so I wasn't welcomed.  It was so expensive it was ridiculous.  

Long Island is definitely beautiful and I agree way to expensive.

Driving a truck must've been brutal, so many rules I remember. Can't drive on certain highways/roads and whatnot.

3 minutes ago, IinD said:

Long Island is definitely beautiful and I agree way to expensive.

Driving a truck must've been brutal, so many rules I remember. Can't drive on certain highways/roads and whatnot.

Yeah the over the top rules were hard to deal with but I did meet some great people.  It took me a while to learn how to talk with the NY/NJ folks but once I realized you have to pass out the insults as much as you get them I got along great with them. :thmup:

1 minute ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Titans are imploding down the stretch. Ugh amazing how we woulda shoulda coulda won this division this year. But even so we’d have stunk it up in the playoffs anyway. Very likely we would have been one and done.

100% agreed. We should be winning this division. Tenn, Jax and Houston are nothing great. Unfortunately neither are we... Lol

Can we order a Kittle in the draft please . Lol

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, IinD said:

That's awesome.

Funny I had no clue about it being an artsy school when I enrolled until they had some alumni celebration and I somehow ended in a classroom talking with Stanley Tucci, Edie Falco and I think Wesley Snipes and a few other Hollywood types.. 

I remember thinking what are these famous people doing here... Lol

Nassau Community College

I know.  I was just teasing. I grew up in Suffolk county and when I was young heard someone say they were going on vacation to Nassau.  That confused me. Lol.