Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I need to say thanks!

Happy2BeHere

8 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I am at home recovering. I developed another pulmonary embolism from the procedure. Just trying to sleep a lot and rest and recover. Hope to be back up to normal in a week or two. Thanks for asking :) 

Good to hear the procedure went well.  Sorry about the embolism and hope it dissolves quickly.

I’d like to give a more thorough update but I’m heading out back to the emergency department as I’ve been having worse symptoms as well as a continuing fever of 103-104 now for the past 3-4 days. When I am up to it I’ll get you all up to speed. God bless all of you my fellow friends and fans. Sincerely.

On 12/1/2022 at 2:08 AM, Happy2BeHere said:

I have an autoimmune disease called Antiphospholipid syndrome (APS). In short what happens is my immune system attacks the proteins in my blood thereby causing my blood to clot abnormally.

One day in February of 2020 I awoke with a random pain in my side. I brushed it off just figuring it would go away. The following day it didn’t so I went to the ER to get checked out. They determined I had a pulmonary embolism (a blood clot in the lung). They discovered I had a DVT in my right lower calf. About 10 days later I once again awoke with a pain in my opposite side and once again I had another pulmonary embolism. About 10 days later this happened again. Three pulmonary embolism’s in about 3-4 weeks time. After multiple blood thinner medications and multiple testing I was then diagnosed with APS. Then in March of 2020 I sneezed while at home in bed recovering from these pulmonary emboli and I ruptured my spleen. I spent a week in the ICU and nearly died bleeding to death internally. I had to be cut open to have my spleen removed and to have all of the blood in my abdominal cavity area cleaned out.

The largest vein the the body is called the Inferior Vena Cava (IVC) and for the second time (once in April of 2021) and now this month this vein has thrombosed (clotted) closed. They will be doing a procedure to run catheters from my neck down to my stomach area where the IVC area is located as well as from my leg up to the stomach area. They will administer medicine called blood clotting busters to try to break up the blood clots. They then will insert a balloon in my IVC to try to keep it open and from collapsing on itself and clotting off again. It’s all a very risky thing simply because of APS. In particular they do not want to put stents or permanent devices in my veins because APS attacks those devices and forms clots around it.

I am glad that your DVT did not break free and turn into a pulmonary embolism. Did you ever get tested for Factor V Leiden or for APS? DVT’s are not something to take lightly that is for sure. If you aren’t certain if you’ve been tested for either of those I would highly advise that you do. Just because you had a DVT does not mean you likely have one of those disorders. A DVT can form for many reasons…inactivity, an injury, etc… but I always recommend being safe over being sorry.

Are you still currently on blood thinners? I am on them and will be for the rest of my life.

There have been a lot of posts about nfl players coping with pain and injuries and how tough they are.  

They have nothing on you!  Stay strong and keep fighting.

3 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I’d like to give a more thorough update but I’m heading out back to the emergency department as I’ve been having worse symptoms as well as a continuing fever of 103-104 now for the past 3-4 days. When I am up to it I’ll get you all up to speed. God bless all of you my fellow friends and fans. Sincerely.

Continued prayers for you. Please keep us posted when you can.

19 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Hugs

:hug:

I have returned home from being hospitalized. Long story short but I had a procedure (angioplasty) to remove blood clots from my IVC to restore the blood flow back to the heart from the lower body. The procedure failed and within 2 days my body had clotted off the IVC again. The CT scans revealed a 1/4” nodule on my right lung that they called a septic embolism. I was treated with high powered antibiotics and pain medications every few hours for about 3 days and was finally able to come home. However, I still have the nodule (which could be the emboli or possible cancer as well). My IVC is still clotted off and I will be discussing with the surgeons and thrombosis doctor this coming week what the next steps may be. It’s been a very rough week well even more it all started Dec 1 Thursday night the fever and pain got significantly worse just hours after that procedure. I have been in bed trying to rest this is the first time I’ve even jumped on the forum in many many days since my last post. I appreciate every prayer and kind word sent my way keep them coming I need all the help I can possibly muster up. Still don’t know what the future holds…trying to keep my hopes up. Each pulmonary embolism I keep getting seems to take a little of my lung. Anyway thank you all! Glad the colts are on a bye week I don’t need another setback haha 

God bless you all :) 

1 hour ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I have returned home from being hospitalized. Long story short but I had a procedure (angioplasty) to remove blood clots from my IVC to restore the blood flow back to the heart from the lower body. The procedure failed and within 2 days my body had clotted off the IVC again. The CT scans revealed a 1/4” nodule on my right lung that they called a septic embolism. I was treated with high powered antibiotics and pain medications every few hours for about 3 days and was finally able to come home. However, I still have the nodule (which could be the emboli or possible cancer as well). My IVC is still clotted off and I will be discussing with the surgeons and thrombosis doctor this coming week what the next steps may be. It’s been a very rough week well even more it all started Dec 1 Thursday night the fever and pain got significantly worse just hours after that procedure. I have been in bed trying to rest this is the first time I’ve even jumped on the forum in many many days since my last post. I appreciate every prayer and kind word sent my way keep them coming I need all the help I can possibly muster up. Still don’t know what the future holds…trying to keep my hopes up. Each pulmonary embolism I keep getting seems to take a little of my lung. Anyway thank you all! Glad the colts are on a bye week I don’t need another setback haha 

God bless you all :) 

Continued prayers for healing and recovery !!  Take it easy and rest when you need to.

God Bless !!

Sorry to hear about the setbacks, I will continue to pray for your healing and for the Doctors to figure out an appropriate procedure to get you on the path to recovery. Good point in the Colts bye week, no one needs that pain in their life right now, especially you! Thanks for the update.

Archived