Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I need to say thanks!

Happy2BeHere

Hey fellow Colts and NFL fans. I just wanted to tell you all that have been a part of this forum and all the interactions I’ve had with many of you as well as reading and sharing many thoughts, times of happiness, frustrations, and dreams over the years it has been great! 

This forum has elevated my love of the team and greatly enhanced the experience of being a fan thanks to the interactions with all of you. I write this post out of genuine gratitude.

While I am not looking for sympathy by writing this post I do feel as I am doing this now because I’ve undergone severe medical trauma the past few years. This Thursday I will undergo a procedure to try to restore blood flow from my IVC that has thrombosed close just a few days ago. This is the second time I have had this particular thing happen. Once last year in April of 2021 and now again. With each time being risky. 

Long story short I pray that I may see this Christmas and spend more time along the way with my eight kids and amazing wife. As I said before I’m not here for the sympathy but I certainly will accept any and all prayers!

Genuinely, I have really loved being a member of this forum and I hope to be for many more years to come. Football is just a game, but you’ve all become a part of my family too. Just make sure you all remember that your family and friends is where it’s at. Things can change in the blink of an eye.

I’ll see you all here or there and especially for Monday nights game. Let’s win this game Colts those Steelers have been a thorn in our side way too many times.

:1colts:

4 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Hey fellow Colts and NFL fans. I just wanted to tell you all that have been a part of this forum and all the interactions I’ve had with many of you as well as reading and sharing many thoughts, times of happiness, frustrations, and dreams over the years it has been great! 

This forum has elevated my love of the team and greatly enhanced the experience of being a fan thanks to the interactions with all of you. I write this post out of genuine gratitude.

While I am not looking for sympathy by writing this post I do feel as I am doing this now because I’ve undergone severe medical trauma the past few years. This Thursday I will undergo a procedure to try to restore blood flow from my IVC that has thrombosed close just a few days ago. This is the second time I have had this particular thing happen. Once last year in April of 2021 and now again. With each time being risky. 

Long story short I pray that I may see this Christmas and spend more time along the way with my eight kids and amazing wife. As I said before I’m not here for the sympathy but I certainly will accept any and all prayers!

Genuinely, I have really loved being a member of this forum and I hope to be for many more years to come. Football is just a game, but you’ve all become a part of my family too. Just make sure you all remember that your family and friends is where it’s at. Things can change in the blink of an eye.

I’ll see you all here or there and especially for Monday nights game. Let’s win this game Colts those Steelers have been a thorn in our side way too many times.

Take care!!!

4 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Sending good thoughts, vibes and prayers for you man!!! Tomorrow is never to be taken for granted.

But then, a famous man on a mount :thmup: once said 

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Enjoy life to the fullest and live every day well. 

To all of you who have chimed in with words or with the click of the reaction button. My heart is warmed and my face a smile. Kind words from you all have meant so much to me. I truly wish that we all (the entirety of society) would just think and act with our hearts more. Can you imagine a world without hatred?

Again thank you all so very much! It really means the world to me. 

Praying for you, I hope the procedure goes flawless and you are back up and going in no time! You’re right, this place becomes like a second family, and it’s heartwarming to see the amount of support being shown for you or any other member going through a struggle.

Im not super familiar with your illness, but I had a bout with DVT four years ago, after countless tests, appointments, blood tests, blood thinners, etc, they were not able to point out what caused it. Has never resurfaced. Scary time for me especially in my line of work. 

17 hours ago, HOZER said:

Praying for you, I hope the procedure goes flawless and you are back up and going in no time! You’re right, this place becomes like a second family, and it’s heartwarming to see the amount of support being shown for you or any other member going through a struggle.

Im not super familiar with your illness, but I had a bout with DVT four years ago, after countless tests, appointments, blood tests, blood thinners, etc, they were not able to point out what caused it. Has never resurfaced. Scary time for me especially in my line of work. 

I have an autoimmune disease called Antiphospholipid syndrome (APS). In short what happens is my immune system attacks the proteins in my blood thereby causing my blood to clot abnormally.

One day in February of 2020 I awoke with a random pain in my side. I brushed it off just figuring it would go away. The following day it didn’t so I went to the ER to get checked out. They determined I had a pulmonary embolism (a blood clot in the lung). They discovered I had a DVT in my right lower calf. About 10 days later I once again awoke with a pain in my opposite side and once again I had another pulmonary embolism. About 10 days later this happened again. Three pulmonary embolism’s in about 3-4 weeks time. After multiple blood thinner medications and multiple testing I was then diagnosed with APS. Then in March of 2020 I sneezed while at home in bed recovering from these pulmonary emboli and I ruptured my spleen. I spent a week in the ICU and nearly died bleeding to death internally. I had to be cut open to have my spleen removed and to have all of the blood in my abdominal cavity area cleaned out.

The largest vein the the body is called the Inferior Vena Cava (IVC) and for the second time (once in April of 2021) and now this month this vein has thrombosed (clotted) closed. They will be doing a procedure to run catheters from my neck down to my stomach area where the IVC area is located as well as from my leg up to the stomach area. They will administer medicine called blood clotting busters to try to break up the blood clots. They then will insert a balloon in my IVC to try to keep it open and from collapsing on itself and clotting off again. It’s all a very risky thing simply because of APS. In particular they do not want to put stents or permanent devices in my veins because APS attacks those devices and forms clots around it.

I am glad that your DVT did not break free and turn into a pulmonary embolism. Did you ever get tested for Factor V Leiden or for APS? DVT’s are not something to take lightly that is for sure. If you aren’t certain if you’ve been tested for either of those I would highly advise that you do. Just because you had a DVT does not mean you likely have one of those disorders. A DVT can form for many reasons…inactivity, an injury, etc… but I always recommend being safe over being sorry.

Are you still currently on blood thinners? I am on them and will be for the rest of my life.

24 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

They will be doing a procedure to run catheters from my neck down to my stomach area where the IVC area is located as well as from my leg up to the stomach area. They will administer medicine called blood clotting busters to try to break up the blood clots. They then will insert a balloon in my IVC to try to keep it open and from collapsing on itself and clotting off again. It’s all a very risky thing simply because of APS. In particular they do not want to put stents or permanent devices in my veins because APS attacks those devices and forms clots around it.

We all hope the procedure is successful and you are back feeling well. Trust in your medical professionals. Remember that it will get better. 

On 12/1/2022 at 2:08 AM, Happy2BeHere said:

I am glad that your DVT did not break free and turn into a pulmonary embolism. Did you ever get tested for Factor V Leiden or for APS? DVT’s are not something to take lightly that is for sure. If you aren’t certain if you’ve been tested for either of those I would highly advise that you do. Just because you had a DVT does not mean you likely have one of those disorders. A DVT can form for many reasons…inactivity, an injury, etc… but I always recommend being safe over being sorry.

Are you still currently on blood thinners? I am on them and will be for the rest of my life.

Sorry for the delayed response. Also, sorry that you had to go through all that and I am praying that your procedure was successful and you are on the road to recovery!

I was tested for Factor V Leiden and for APS, along with a slew of other things. Nothing was conclusive. I suspect I probably injured myself during one of my job related activities/trainings or at home because I’m always beating myself up. Lol. I was taking Eliquis, but I have since switched to aspirin.

When I originally got DVT, I noticed some swelling in my right calf, and thought I had pulled a muscle. After a few days, it got progressively worse and get warm. I finally broke down and went to the urgent care where they sent me to get a scan and sure enough it was a DVT. 

1 hour ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I am at home recovering. I developed another pulmonary embolism from the procedure. Just trying to sleep a lot and rest and recover. Hope to be back up to normal in a week or two. Thanks for asking :) 

You'll feel better soon. No game next week :thmup: 

1 hour ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I am at home recovering. I developed another pulmonary embolism from the procedure. Just trying to sleep a lot and rest and recover. Hope to be back up to normal in a week or two. Thanks for asking :) 

sorry to hear you had some complications from the procedure :( Continued prayers for a quick recovery and hope you'll be back up on your feet soon !!

Archived