Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Key DB against Eagles

AustexColt

Key DB replacements: Isaiah Rodgers and Rodney Thomas.  We need a replacement for Keke Coutee as a returner.  Keep the pressure on our Kicker and Punter, no room for failure in this game. Time to shine. 

I would love to see Frazier introduce plays using Sam E. Making Eagles defense uncertain if we are going RPO or not. 

20 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

Key DB replacements: Isaiah Rodgers and Rodney Thomas.  We need a replacement for Keke Coutee as a returner.  Keep the pressure on our Kicker and Punter, no room for failure in this game. Time to shine. 

I would love to see Frazier introduce plays using Sam E. Making Eagles defense uncertain if we are going RPO or not. 

Really.   Sam doesn’t scare anybody.  That experiment is over.

1 hour ago, AustexColt said:

great idea

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Agree. Sam E was too afraid to make mistakes and thus too afraid to make plays as well. He was put in a bad situation by Reich, so was Matt Ryan. Sam E is not Lamar or Justin Fields, so even his legs have a limited ceiling vs fast defenses of the NFL.

As long as there is some semblance of a playoff appearance, I agree with you, Matt Ryan will be the guy in charge. If it was a QB sneak like Jacoby Brissett, we could justify on 4th and short or 3rd and short, but thinking Sam E is going to sling it like Taylor Heinecke without fear was the mistake fans made, and he showed me none of it in the limited time he had. If he was our franchise QB, he would have had the luxury of time given but like you said, that experiment is OVER.

Keke Coutee should go back to the PS and Rodgers should return both punts and kicks.

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I disagree.  Putting a mobile QB in at certain times changes things up.  And it also makes the next team prepare for it.  

Not saying it should be done very often, but it’s another tool in the box.  

11 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I disagree.  Putting a mobile QB in at certain times changes things up.  And it also makes the next team prepare for it.  

Not saying it should be done very often, but it’s another tool in the box.  

Yes, I could see it like Taysom Hill but the true question is, if Sam can hit the ground running like Taysom Hill did with Brees at QB, with limited snaps. Will that telegraph that it is either a Sam E or JT run automatically? Our WR and TE blocking becomes a factor then and losing Pascal and Doyle has hurt us on that front. That is why IMO, it is going to have very limited usage. If Sam E could pass well enough and we were confident with that, it could result in more snaps due to less predictability. I just don't see it. 

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Idk its hard to call the experiment over. He played pretty well his first game and then went against hoodie and got sacked 9 times. I've never been a huge fan of his but I wouldn't mind seeing him play a game towards the end of the season when we are out of playoff contention.

42 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yes, I could see it like Taysom Hill but the true question is, if Sam can hit the ground running like Taysom Hill did with Brees at QB, with limited snaps. Will that telegraph that it is either a Sam E or JT run automatically? Our WR and TE blocking becomes a factor then and losing Pascal and Doyle has hurt us on that front. That is why IMO, it is going to have very limited usage. If Sam E could pass well enough and we were confident with that, it could result in more snaps due to less predictability. I just don't see it. 

I was thinking something like in the middle of the game, a 3rd and 2 situation.  Instead of the D keying all of their eyes on JT they have to be aware that Sam could bootleg.  

You’re right about losing Jack and Pascal.  Our best blocking WR is also our best WR.  A

though Parris is coming on.  Pierce needs to hang on to the ball.

This game will do a lot to tell us about Saturday.  I actually think Gilmore can erase Brown but I am not sure about DeVonte Smith.  

Goddert being hurt helps us huge.  

Can we block their front ?  

I think we can run on them.  I think JT should have thirty more carries.  Washington just gave you the blue print.  

Ryan cannot TO the ball.  In fact we should not throw it more than 20 times. 

Archived