Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Props to Jim, plus poll

EastStreet

Props to Jim, plus poll  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Multiple choice: Which of Jim's decisions (today) do you like?

• Firing the HC midseason (which is outside of his norm)
    • Bringing in Jeff Saturday from outside
    • Keeping Ballard (for now)
  2. 2. Overall, after the changes, are you more confident with Jim?

• Yes, more confident now
    • I don't know
    • No, low/no confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/09/2022 at 07:28 AM

On 11/7/2022 at 9:08 PM, EastStreet said:

My thoughts above, but what are your thoughts?

And predictions... My are...

• Strausser gone within 3 weeks
  • OL playing more passion. And more changes (lineup)
  • Team playing more passion
  • Locker room recovers
  • A few cuts/waives/trades identified. Too bad we are past the trade deadline... 

So let's say all of what u said does not come about. What would be your assessment of this team?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

All the team reporters have said that it was Irsay that pushed to make Sam the QB. 

So if Irsay did make that call? He seen his team bleeding and stepped in and done what he could to stop the bleeding. Irsay don't really care about hurting someone's feelings. 

On 11/8/2022 at 9:16 AM, EastStreet said:

So, given our issues this year is primarily on the Offense, and secondary perhaps moral (guys quitting), perhaps you should consider each candidates... 

So why would one of the following be a good match for interim?....

• Fox - has 15ish NFL years of experience.. But he's a D guy. How would he eval or improve the O? He wouldn't. But he can help out with general HC admin stuff.
  • Gus - another D guy. No help with O.... And if you temp promote him, then you need a new DC. Just more holes.
  • Scott Milanovich - has OC experience, but had a previous relationship with Reich and Brady. So more a less a "Frank guy". Can he be objective things? And not NFL experience (CFL)

• Scottie Montgomery - has college OC experience, but was a WR, has most WR coaching experience, and then hired to coach RB coaches. Didn't understand the hiring (a WR guy for RBs?).. Also hired by Reich, so perhaps concerns about objectivity. He does have a few years of HC experience (small college), but the record was bad. 

U wouldn't rush to quickly in your evaluation of this D. Sure they have played well but man they have played no legit offence this year. They have blown some late leads. I think the second half will show if there is some talent on this D moving forward.

31 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So if Irsay did make that call? He seen his team bleeding and stepped in and done what he could to stop the bleeding. Irsay don't really care about hurting someone's feelings. 

No he is just a meddling owner that every time he has meddled made the team worse. His team so he can do whatever he wants though

33 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

U wouldn't rush to quickly in your evaluation of this D. Sure they have played well but man they have played no legit offence this year. They have blown some late leads. I think the second half will show if there is some talent on this D moving forward.

They held Kansas City to less than 20 points

37 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

No he is just a meddling owner that every time he has meddled made the team worse. His team so he can do whatever he wants though

That's your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it.  Jim is who he is, like it or not. He is not the one who hides himself in the background when he sees a sinking ship. 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Owners don't tell coaching and gms what players to play. That's a Jerry Jones move. I have listened to some respected GM's and they say once that happens irs over. U have cut off the feet of the coach and GM. The players lose respect for coaches. I have no doubt that Chris wants out. 

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Owners don't tell coaching and gms what players to play. That's a Jerry Jones move. I have listened to some respected GM's and they say once that happens irs over. U have cut off the feet of the coach and GM. The players lose respect for coaches. I have no doubt that Chris wants out. 

The players who play for Jerry Jones respect him more than you think.  Where do you come up with your negative agenda? The Cowboys are the richest team and have one of the strongest fan bases in the NFL.  

On 11/9/2022 at 9:03 AM, BlackTiger said:

I think Fox, Bradly and Milanovich were the easy choices.  I dont know what they would have fixed but they would have gotten through the next couple months without a bunch of controversy. 

Its really not clear what if anything Jeff is going to fix either.  He will probably be less biased than them when reporting to Jim and maybe better at fixing the line.  Idk if coaching is really the problem with Nelson and Kelly in the first place, or what they are going to do for OC and play calling now

#1 is priority is evaluating. #2 is fixing. 

And moving anyone (internal to OC or HC) creates another hole (another problem).

I'd be OK with Fox, but really isn't ideal for O evaluation, and doesn't help with OC/play calling.

As for staff... everyone is on notice, and needs evaluation. Except perhaps Reggie. I do like Parks (hard worker), but he's not one of the guys that needs evaluation. 

14 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I didn't get a chance to vote on this poll.......but I voted yesterday in midterms. Lol

Lets pretend I voted but didn't count because of a Hanging chad.......

Glad Irsay Fired HC

No, to having confidence in irsay. 

Totally good with firing HC. I wouldn't say I have confidence Irsay, but it's growing. 

12 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Some eval can be quick, but most needs time. 

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the OL in the next 3-4 weeks. 

Archived