Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Titans Injury report

GoColts8818

Taylor was a go last week until late Saturday. I wake up last Saturday I seen he was out. I about croaked. We adjusted though and went all pass pretty much. Thankfully we have a competent QB to do so. What is annoying about our team they don't tell you anything until the last second. Like In Tennessee, there fans know Henry is playing by Thursday. For some reason we have to wait until Saturday to find out about some players. I have no idea if Taylor is even playing this week and it is Friday afternoon lmao 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Taylor was a go last week until late Saturday. I wake up last Saturday I seen he was out. I about croaked. We adjusted though and went all pass pretty much. Thankfully we have a competent QB to do so. What is annoying about our team they don't tell you anything until the last second. Like In Tennessee, there fans know Henry is playing by Thursday. For some reason we have to wait until Saturday to find out about some players. I have no idea if Taylor is even playing this week and it is Friday afternoon lmao 

Pretty sure Taylor was limited in practice last week. He has been full this week. He should play. Taylor is actually the one who said he wasn’t ready last week. That’s rare for a player to do that.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Probably a rest day, who knows with this team though. I haven't heard anyone say he is out. Maybe we will find out late Saturday afternoon lmao like last week with Taylor.

Probably a rest day with that elbow.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Pretty sure Taylor was limited in practice last week. He has been full this week. He should play. Taylor is actually the one who said he wasn’t ready last week. That’s rare for a player to do that.

He was questionable last week but did practice, normally players play when questionable. They usually miss when they are listed doubtful or out. On Saturday morning I got on at least 5 websites and they were saying he was playing. I won't believe he or Leonard is playing until Sunday at 1pm.

14 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

He's never the least important.  Even in a bad or less than ideal matchup.... But I get what you mean.

Some don't realize how big the turnover game is, Leonard alone created 10 last year. Without those we would not even have been above a.500 team. His turnovers created in 2020 even won us a game or 2. I looked it up, in the history of the NFL, teams that win the turnover battle win 80% of all games that is going back 100 years.

20 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Not sure why we elevated 2 unless that other one is a ST guy.

The UCLA website mentions Fernea was a special teams performer for them

https://uclabruins.com/sports/football/roster/ethan-fernea/10402

Saw action in 11 games as a reserve running back and special teams performer ... ran for a 42-yard touchdown at USC ... rushed for 11 yards against Hawaii ... had 14 yards rushing versus Cal ... credited with four tackles on special teams ... presented the Tommy Prothro Award for excellence on special teams at the annual awards banquet.

Saw action in six games ... saw action at wide receiver, running back and on special teams ... started at receiver against USC and caught a 33-yard scoring pass ... credited with a special teams tackle ... his 23.0 yards per catch average was the highest on the among players with multiple catches.

Saw action in all 12 games, with two starts (Colorado, at Utah) ... awarded the No. 36 jersey prior to the season as the walk-on player most representative of the spirit of former Bruin walk-on Nick Pasquale ... presented with a scholarship just prior to the opening game of the season ... caught his first scoring pass against Colorado (45 yards) ... had a season-high three catches vs. Arizona State ... totaled three tackles on special teams ... presented the Bobby Field Captains' Award at the team banquet.

Saw action in all 12 games as a reserve receiver and special teams units ... made his first career catch versus Arizona ... also had a 15-yard reception against Oregon ... credited with four tackles on the season while on special teams (1 vs. Cincinnati, 1 vs. Cal, 2 vs. Arizona)  ... honorable mention Academic All-Pac-12. 

Saw action in eight games (Texas A&M, Hawai'i, Memphis, Stanford, Colorado, Arizona, Oregon and California) ... worked primarily on special teams units.

Saw game action on special teams in the season-opener at Texas A&M ... worked on the scout teams in practice.

40 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

The UCLA website mentions Fernea was a special teams performer for them

https://uclabruins.com/sports/football/roster/ethan-fernea/10402

Saw action in 11 games as a reserve running back and special teams performer ... ran for a 42-yard touchdown at USC ... rushed for 11 yards against Hawaii ... had 14 yards rushing versus Cal ... credited with four tackles on special teams ... presented the Tommy Prothro Award for excellence on special teams at the annual awards banquet.

Saw action in six games ... saw action at wide receiver, running back and on special teams ... started at receiver against USC and caught a 33-yard scoring pass ... credited with a special teams tackle ... his 23.0 yards per catch average was the highest on the among players with multiple catches.

Saw action in all 12 games, with two starts (Colorado, at Utah) ... awarded the No. 36 jersey prior to the season as the walk-on player most representative of the spirit of former Bruin walk-on Nick Pasquale ... presented with a scholarship just prior to the opening game of the season ... caught his first scoring pass against Colorado (45 yards) ... had a season-high three catches vs. Arizona State ... totaled three tackles on special teams ... presented the Bobby Field Captains' Award at the team banquet.

Saw action in all 12 games as a reserve receiver and special teams units ... made his first career catch versus Arizona ... also had a 15-yard reception against Oregon ... credited with four tackles on the season while on special teams (1 vs. Cincinnati, 1 vs. Cal, 2 vs. Arizona)  ... honorable mention Academic All-Pac-12. 

Saw action in eight games (Texas A&M, Hawai'i, Memphis, Stanford, Colorado, Arizona, Oregon and California) ... worked primarily on special teams units.

Saw game action on special teams in the season-opener at Texas A&M ... worked on the scout teams in practice.

That makes sense then. I bet Strachan is a healthy scratch otherwise Patmon makes no sense.

12 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Strachan is an X type (who doesn't play ST). We're down 2 Z/slot types (who both played STs)

I was specifically talking Patmon makes no sense because he doesn’t play ST.  The only way Patmon makes sense is they want to see what he can do because they a aren’t happy with Strachan. Maybe Patmon will play more ST then I think. Guess we will see. If he does play ST then Strachan will be a healthy scratch.

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I was specifically talking Patmon makes no sense because he doesn’t play ST.  The only way Patmon makes sense is they want to see what he can do because they a aren’t happy with Strachan. Maybe Patmon will play more ST then I think. Guess we will see.

Patmon was playing an outside Z'ish role (not X). Pitt will likely play 85+% of snaps at X, and Parris will likely 80+% of snaps at slot. 

So likely Patmon will likely rotate with Pierce. But Pierce and Patmon are capable of X play, but Strachan likely is not capable of Z. I'd prefer Patmon not play X lol. 

Fernea will play STs. 

16 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Patmon was playing an outside Z'ish role (not X). Pitt will likely play 85+% of snaps at X, and Parris will likely 80+% of snaps at slot. 

So likely Patmon will likely rotate with Pierce. But Pierce and Patmon are capable of X play, but Strachan likely is not capable of Z. I'd prefer Patmon not play X lol. 

Fernea will play STs. 

This makes no sense unless like I said Strachan is a healthy scratch.

Archived