Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 - 2023 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

Encourage everyone to watch his 17 minute press announcement, good feedback from Pritchard and Carlisle.

Carlisle brought up a stat, said in fast break efficiency, Haliburton was #2 in the league, Bruce Brown was #3, and a guy we were rumored (at the time) to be getting (Toppin) was #1. He couldn't acknowledge the deal yet. So we have the top 3 players in the league in fast break efficiency rating from last year.

Pacers looked good last night (outside of 3rd quarter, blew big lead), in their opening summer league game. Here is a video of Jarace Walker's game. Rough shooting night, but literally did everything else to a high level. As good as these highlights are it doesn't even bring to light all the other deflections and other hustle plays he had.

Mathurin, Jackson and Nembhard hooped as well.

Walker 8 pts, 13 rebs, 5 asts, 3 blocks, 3 stls

Jackson 20 pts, 14 rebs, 1 ast, 3 blocks, 1 stl, 8 fouls 

Mathurin 27 pts, 5 rebs, 1 block

Nembhard 14 pts, 8 asts, 3 rebs, 1 stl, 1 block, 8 turnovers 

Kendall Brown 9 pts, 4 rebs, 1 ast, 5 blocks (our 3rd 2-way player at the moment)

Wong and Tshiebwe played well too. Sheppard had a rough night, but was +1 in his on court time.

Some more highlights 

That play by Walker at the free throw line, he had already shot his first free throw before the commercial break. He was the only one (apparently) that knew the ball was live. That basket counted.

Here is media availability with Jarace, Coach Pargo and Mathurin. Another good watch.

This team is getting me excited. Especially when I think about adding those guys to these guys.

Haliburton

Turner

Bruce Brown

Hield

Toppin

Nesmith

Nwora

McConnell

Jalen Smith

Theis

Pacers moved to 2-0 in summer league so far, beating Orlando pretty handily. Play OKC tomorrow night.

Not sure if the "vets" will keep playing? Hopefully as I wouldn't mind winning this SL title.

Ben Sheppard looked pretty solid last night.

16pts 9rebs with (4) 3ptrs

Walker - 16pts 4rebs 4ast 1blk 1stl

Nembhard - 21pts, 7asts 3reb, 3stls 2 turnovers 

Jackson - 13pts 11rebs 6 fouls

Mathurin - 17pts 6rebs, 3ast, 1st

Tshiebwe - 7pts 8rebs

Brown - 6pts 5rebs 1stl

Wong - 6pts

King - 6pts 3reb 2ast, 1blk(10 minutes)

Jarace Walker highlights:

Pacers highlights:

Media session:

More availability:

• 3 weeks later...

NBA TV has been playing some old games this week. 

I watched quite a few.

Magic @ Pacers 95  ECF game 4

Bulls vs Sonics 96 finals game 5

Lakers vs Celtics 87 finals game 4

Bulls vs Jazz 98 finals game 5

Lakers vs Mavericks 86 playoffs

Lakers vs Rockets 86 WCF game 5

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lillard to the Bucks. They have a stacked team now. The rich keep getting richer.  

I'm glad he wasn't able to force his way to Miami.

Dame and Giannis are a great combination. They fit each other's games perfectly.

Don't sleep on the loss of Jrue Holiday though. That will be a big loss. Bucks come out ahead still, but will feel the effects defensively.

In other news.

Pacers were unable to come to a contract extension with Buddy Hield, so they are working on a trade for him, apparently.?

Be interesting to see, Hield has quite a bit of value.

Great 3pt shooter on expiring deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, w87r said:

I'm glad he wasn't able to force his way to Miami.

Dame and Giannis are a great combination. They fit each other's games perfectly.

Don't sleep on the loss of Jrue Holiday though. That will be a big loss. Bucks come out ahead still, but will feel the effects defensively.

In other news.

Pacers were unable to come to a contract extension with Buddy Hield, so they are working on a trade for him, apparently.?

Be interesting to see, Hield has quite a bit of value.

Great 3pt shooter on expiring deal.

Yeah I like Hield, he is a good role player. I look at our roster as currently constructed, and I think we are good enough to stay out of the playin. I see us a top 5 or 6 seed in the East. Haliburton is the real deal = very good player. I have the Bucks at #1, Heat at #2, Celtics #3, Sixers #4, then after that not sure. Cavs have a pretty good team as well. I think the Pacers take a nice step up this season. I like our roster more than the Knicks, Nets, Hawks, and Bulls. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I like Hield, he is a good role player. I look at our roster as currently constructed, and I think we are good enough to stay out of the playin. I see us a top 5 or 6 seed in the East. Haliburton is the real deal = very good player. I have the Bucks at #1, Heat at #2, Celtics #3, Sixers #4, then after that not sure. Cavs have a pretty good team as well. I think the Pacers take a nice step up this season. I like our roster more than the Knicks, Nets, Hawks, and Bulls. 

Word is we might be in on the Jrue sweepstakes.

Probably just click bait, but that backcourt would be nice 

I think currently I have the Heat falling a little bit. They lost Vincent and Strus and haven't did much to replace them. Also they were a 7 seed last year if memory serves me correctly.(less and less these days ..)

I got:

Bucks

Celtics

Sixers

Heat

Pacers

Cavs

Knicks

Hawks

This could all change with one of these teams picking up Jrue.

• Like 1

Hey, my boss donated Pacers vs Lakers club level tickets for the 3/29/24 (4 tickets in section 6 club level and a parking pass for Virginia Ave. parking garage) for the Brownsburg High School Marching Band that my daughter is part of. The tickets sell for approx. $800 each on Ticketmaster and give you access to the Sire Spirits 67 Club, if you know what it is (I don't because I have never sat in a club level ticket before :)).

If you wish to bid on them (will be much cheaper in the silent auction than what you get on Ticketmaster), let me know via PM and I will provide you the link to the silent auction starting October 11th, 2023. All proceeds go to the Brownsburg High School Marching Band from the auction, which is public on their Facebook page (I am not on FB). Very generous of my boss. :) I wouldn't even know about it if it were not for my company donating it. 

Maybe it is Lebron's swan song year, maybe it is not but it is going to be a hot commodity when that time comes, I have a good feeling it will be, maybe it can be someone's Christmas gift. Cheers!!!👍

@2006Coltsbestever @w87r tagging you both since you are NBA fans too.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Hey, my boss donated Pacers vs Lakers club level tickets for the 3/29/24 (4 tickets in section 6 club level and a parking pass for Virginia Ave. parking garage) for the Brownsburg High School Marching Band that my daughter is part of. The tickets sell for approx. $800 each on Ticketmaster and give you access to the Sire Spirits 67 Club, if you know what it is (I don't because I have never sat in a club level ticket before :)).

If you wish to bid on them (will be much cheaper in the auction than what you get on Ticketmaster), let me know via PM and I will provide you the link to the auction starting October 11th, 2023. All proceeds go to the Brownsburg High School Marching Band from the auction, which is public on their Facebook page (I am not on FB). Very generous of my boss. :) I wouldn't even know about it if it were not for my company donating it. 

Maybe it is Lebron's swan song year, maybe it is not but it is going to be a hot commodity when that time comes, I have a good feeling it will be, maybe it can be someone's Christmas gift. Cheers!!!👍

Let me think about it, I quit going to games years ago. I think @w87rhas kids, that would be cool to take your own kids to a game like that. I have a feeling the Lakers are going to win it all this year and LeBron is going retire with his 5th Championship. He wants to retire with the same number of Championships as Magic and Kobe who are regarded as the 2 greatest Lakers of all-time. Pacers have a young exciting team that will be a playoff team, so thanks for the offer. 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2023 at 4:52 PM, w87r said:

Word is we might be in on the Jrue sweepstakes.

Probably just click bait, but that backcourt would be nice 

I think currently I have the Heat falling a little bit. They lost Vincent and Strus and haven't did much to replace them. Also they were a 7 seed last year if memory serves me correctly.(less and less these days ..)

I got:

Bucks

Celtics

Sixers

Heat

Pacers

Cavs

Knicks

Hawks

This could all change with one of these teams picking up Jrue.

The Celtics got Jrue. I see them and the Bucks on a collision course for the East Finals.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Let me think about it, I quit going to games years ago. I think @w87rhas kids, that would be cool to take your own kids to a game like that. I have a feeling the Lakers are going to win it all this year and LeBron is going retire with his 5th Championship. He wants to retire with the same number of Championships as Magic and Kobe who are regarded as the 2 greatest Lakers of all-time. Pacers have a young exciting team that will be a playoff team, so thanks for the offer. 

Since it is a public auction, I should be safe to provide the details from the Brownsburg Bands page, it is for everyone, the links to register are in the article, auction items will be updated as time goes on:

https://www.brownsburgbands.com/2023-community-night-to-feature-silent-auction/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

If you wish to bid on them (will be much cheaper in the silent auction than what you get on Ticketmaster), let me know via PM and I will provide you the link to the silent auction starting October 11th, 2023. All proceeds go to the Brownsburg High School Marching Band from the auction, which is public on their Facebook page (I am not on FB). Very generous of my boss. :) I wouldn't even know about it if it were not for my company donating it. 

I might look into. Definitely looking to take my boys to at least 1 games this year. Usually sit in 6th row behind visitors bench. Those usually go for $300 each. So $800 seems steep but it won't get that high at the auction? Well IDK, it is LeBron, someone might dish out big bucks for them.

Was thinking Bucks.

Will probably be:

Bucks

Warriors

Celtics

Suns

Lakers

Nuggets(last time I took my son, he had a Jokic homemade sign and we got him to sign it.)

Took my other son to Kings game because he liked Fox and he wouldn't sign anything for my boy because they lost. Loser....lol.

As far as the spirit lounge. If you sit in the 7th row it closer you have access to the restaurant underneath by the locker rooms were Pacers players go in and out.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, w87r said:

I might look into. Definitely looking to take my boys to at least 1 games this year. Usually sit in 6th row behind visitors bench. Those usually go for $300 each. So $800 seems steep but it won't get that high at the auction? Well IDK, it is LeBron, someone might dish out big bucks for them.

Was thinking Bucks.

Will probably be:

Bucks

Warriors

Celtics

Suns

Lakers

Nuggets(last time I took my son, he had a Jokic homemade sign and we got him to sign it.)

Took my other son to Kings game because he liked Fox and he wouldn't sign anything for my boy because they lost. Loser....lol.

As far as the spirit lounge. If you sit in the 7th row it closer you have access to the restaurant underneath by the locker rooms were Pacers players go in and out.

The $800 plus is what TicketMaster sells it for. The whole package of 4 tickets and 2 parking passes (might be individually sold as 2 tickets and 1 pass in the auction each, it is up to the Brownsburg Bands director), based on my insider information, cost my boss just as much as the price of 1 ticket on Ticketmaster. It is section 6 club level, Row 12, another tidbit of insider info. :)  

So, what you will get on the auction will probably be way cheaper than what you have to pay on Ticketmaster, assuming no crazy Lebron/Lakers fan bids too high, can't control that :). It is a silent auction, never been part of one myself, so not sure if you find out right away you have been outbid like on eBay.

Plus, if this is Lebron's swan song, it will become a hot commodity come March time. For every NBA fan's sake, we want Lebron to be healthy for most of the year and particularly for this game vs the Pacers. :) 

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 9:50 AM, chad72 said:

Since it is a public auction, I should be safe to provide the details from the Brownsburg Bands page, it is for everyone, the links to register are in the article, auction items will be updated as time goes on:

https://www.brownsburgbands.com/2023-community-night-to-feature-silent-auction/

@2006Coltsbestever @w87r the auction has started here (and for anyone else interested):

https://qtego.us/qlink/brownsburgband

• Like 2