Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Veteran NFL scout on Stanford QB Andrew Luck: "I don't think this kid is special in any way except his intangibles."

Jay305

Can always go back to the Packer band wagon.

I'm not the one who is antsy over any changes Irsay has made am I? I am perfectly content.

Who says I left the Packers? I have rooted for them on the side for a while and will.

I mean we do have the birth of many new "Broncos fans" this offseason here don't we? :)

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the years your pets in football never impressed me much. You will probably point out though anytime Griffin does something right and if Luck does something wrong.

Do yourself a favor and stop rooting for the Colts then if you hate Luck so much. Nobody needs your mindless posts on how bad he is and how good the overrated poor man's Vick is.

Thats fine in the circles that matter people are impressed with my assessments.

Not saying Luck wont be successful but the offense wont be what you all are use to. Thats what you guys dont understand

I don't care if it is.

I am not one who is harping on us being the old Colts 2.0 every week.

This thing has to develop it's own identity

Not saying Luck wont be successful but the offense wont be what you all are use to. Thats what you guys dont understand

I think the only one here that thinks the offense is going to, or should remain the same is Oldunclemark, other than him, I think everybody else realizes that things are going to change and they are fine with it.

I think the only one here that thinks the offense is going to, or should remain the same is Oldunclemark, other than him, I think everybody else realizes that things are going to change and they are fine with it.

Guess you didn't read ColtsPRIDE11 post.

My statement that Luck will bring the style of O that we as Colts fans are used to does not mean that I think Luck will be the exact replica of Peyton. It just means that I think (and I would think you would agree with this) that Griffin will have a more Vick/Newton style of play while Luck will have a more Peyton/Brady/Brees style of play. The two are two completely different types. I do think we will see more of an established run game on our offense (thank goodness), but with time we will be a passing style team (that we fans are used to). Now, of course this is my opinion, so we can agree to disagree.

You mean like when big Edge, Jake Scott, Tarik Glenn, Saturday and Diem still in their prime, were still here

That's exactly what I mean.....lol

When was that, like 7 years ago? Cause i'm pretty sure that the average over the last 4 seasons has been for us to finish around 30th in the league in rushing out of 32 teams. That is precisely what I DON'T want to be like.

My statement that Luck will bring the style of O that we as Colts fans are used to does not mean that I think Luck will be the exact replica of Peyton. It just means that I think (and I would think you would agree with this) that Griffin will have a more Vick/Newton style of play while Luck will have a more Peyton/Brady/Brees style of play. The two are two completely different types. I do think we will see more of an established run game on our offense (thank goodness), but with time we will be a passing style team (that we fans are used to). Now, of course this is my opinion, so we can agree to disagree.

I agree ot an extent except I think Griffin here would be more like Big Ben than Vick or Newton in terms of style of play. While Luck will be more like Matt Ryan early on and Rivers under Schottenheimer

I agree ot an extent except I think Griffin here would be more like Big Ben than Vick or Newton in terms of style of play. While Luck will be more like Matt Ryan early on and Rivers under Schottenheimer

Time will tell I suppose. I don't see Griffin as a Big Ben type player, but he might surprise me. As far as Luck goes, I don't think he'll be anything like Rivers. Rivers frustrates me b/c I think he has talent but doesn't seem to spend enough time perfecting his craft to become a great QB. Luck will spend the time needed to do just that.

As I said earlier, I think both guys will turn into great NFL QBs. And I am satisified with Luck in Indy (but just so you know, it took me a while to get to where I thought he was as good as everyone kept saying. I had to do some research and studying on him before I agreed that he is a good choice).

What it all amounts to is this, We have Luck now deal with it whoever cant deal with it, Im sure Broncos fans and especially Redskins fans have plenty of room on their wagon by all means hit the road, we dont need the drama of we shoulda picked Griffin the decision has been announced support it, come to terms with it or dont let the door hit ya

What it all amounts to is this, We have Luck now deal with it whoever cant deal with it, Im sure Broncos fans and especially Redskins fans have plenty of room on their wagon by all means hit the road, we dont need the drama of we shoulda picked Griffin the decision has been announced support it, come to terms with it or dont let the door hit ya

As a firm Luck supporter, I don't harbor the belief that you have to support the decision to draft Luck to support the team. You can still support the team while disagreeing with the decision.

As a firm Luck supporter, I don't harbor the belief that you have to support the decision to draft Luck to support the team. You can still support the team while disagreeing with the decision.

I agree but not to the point that it brings the same drama every day