Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Character Red Flags - 2012 NFL Draft

These are the Red Flaggers. Feel free to add your own...

DE Jack Crawford - Penn State

LB Bruce Irvin - West Virginia

CB Dre Kirkpatrick - Bama

CB Janoris Jenkins - North Alabama

S Janzen Jackson - McNeese State

TE Orson Charles - Georgia

TE Josh Chickester - Louisville

WR Alshon Jeffery - South Carolina

WR Dwight Jones - UNC

OG Rishawn Johnson - Cal

OG Mike Adams - Ohio State

Why is Kirkpatrick a red flag?

He was arrested & charged with Marijuana possession after being in a car involved in a drug buy at 12:39 am. Driven by a guy who had himself been charged previously with marijuana possession. And both were themselves under the influence when pulled over...5 days after he declared for the draft....character turd.

He was arrested & charged with Marijuana possession after being in a car involved in a drug buy at 12:39 am. Driven by a guy who had himself been charged previously with marijuana possession. And both were themselves under the influence when pulled over...5 days after he declared for the draft....character turd.

and no one is saying for him to drop down?

From what I can tell, he's not a turd as much as he is not as gifted as the hype. That's different from having character issues.

I must disagree. I think he is incredibly talented/gifted...in fact, I think he has first round (arguably even top 10) talent. He has ridiculous character issues; he shows up to the combine completely out of shape and runs a 5.00+ 40, he blamed his coaches for his problems at ASU. I don't know how you define turd, but the dude has some serious character issues in my opinion. If he kept his nose clean and said/did the right thing, he would be a first round pick no question

At one point, I believe he was the 2nd ranked CB in the draft behind Claiborne. Now he's 3rd behind Gilmore, according to Mike Mayock. And he is sitting in front of Janoris Jenkins, who also has a number of character issues.

well if Kirkpatrick goes in the 1st then I think its a no brainer if Jenkins is their hes worth a second round pick

I must disagree. I think he is incredibly talented/gifted...in fact, I think he has first round (arguably even top 10) talent. He has ridiculous character issues; he shows up to the combine completely out of shape and runs a 5.00+ 40, he blamed his coaches for his problems at ASU. I don't know how you define turd, but the dude has some serious character issues in my opinion. If he kept his nose clean and said/did the right thing, he would be a first round pick no question

Oh okay.

I'll be honest. I know nothing about him save he had a bad combine. My understanding was he had a poor combine and as a result was falling. But if it is indeed character then so be it.

Oh okay.

I'll be honest. I know nothing about him save he had a bad combine. My understanding was he had a poor combine and as a result was falling. But if it is indeed character then so be it.

There's more too. I don't know all of it, but he has been in some on-field trouble too I believe. Regardless, his character issues have been enough for some teams to move him from a first round, possibly top 10 pick to not even worth a draft pick and only looking at him as an undrafted player

There's more too. I don't know all of it, but he has been in some on-field trouble too I believe. Regardless, his character issues have been enough for some teams to move him from a first round, possibly top 10 pick to not even worth a draft pick and only looking at him as an undrafted player

Ouch. Then turd he is!! Off to the toilet with him.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but Alshon Jeffery doesn't have a "character concern" does he? Playing football 15lbs overweight doesn't mean he is a bad person. I mean, yeah he got into it with Dennard I believe, in the Capitol One bowl game, but he's never been arrested/suspended/punished for fights or drugs right?

Correct me if I'm wrong...but Alshon Jeffery doesn't have a "character concern" does he? Playing football 15lbs overweight doesn't mean he is a bad person. I mean, yeah he got into it with Dennard I believe, in the Capitol One bowl game, but he's never been arrested/suspended/punished for fights or drugs right?

It may just be fat body stuff. Memory serves me that he has lost a lot of weight recently and that folks were taking it as disingenuous. Kinda like that fat body RB from USC that went to Tennessee. But if he is a straight arrow that just can't say no to a buffet then no, he is not a turd.

It may just be fat body stuff. Memory serves me that he has lost a lot of weight recently and that folks were taking it as disingenuous. Kinda like that fat body RB from USC that went to Tennessee. But if he is a straight arrow that just can't say no to a buffet then no, he is not a turd.

I watch a lot of South Carolina games, and I've seen Jeffery for the past 3 years. He has always been around 220lbs, and he gained weight in the offseason, back down to 220lbs once games started back up. Then that picture of him in preseason surfaced...that's what led to the whole chunky wide receiver thing. He was working out for the combine and showed up at 216lbs, saying he'd never felt better and then proceeded to run a 4.49 at his pro day. Either way, if the man is on the Colts and has to work out every day around Reggie Wayne...I doubt this is much to worry about and I wouldn't classify it as a "character" issue. Ya-feel-me?

I watch a lot of South Carolina games, and I've seen Jeffery for the past 3 years. He has always been around 220lbs, and he gained weight in the offseason, back down to 220lbs once games started back up. Then that picture of him in preseason surfaced...that's what led to the whole chunky wide receiver thing. He was working out for the combine and showed up at 216lbs, saying he'd never felt better and then proceeded to run a 4.49 at his pro day.

Personally, I think other than depth, we're good at WR. Donnie Avery is the 2, Collie is the slot (until someone lays a glove on him and he's out with another future lawsuit). Depth would be nice in this draft though. Let them hit camp and slug it out.

Personally, I think other than depth, we're good at WR. Donnie Avery is the 2, Collie is the slot (until someone lays a glove on him and he's out with another future lawsuit). Depth would be nice in this draft though. Let them hit camp and slug it out.

But depth is such a good thing when your #1 is 33 and your #2 and #3 are both exclusive members of the injured list. Collie less than Avery. Don't get me wrong, I really want Avery to be healthy and stick around. But the more we can provide Luck with to succeed the better. If it's a WR, great. If it's a TE, ok. Lineman...sure. Jeffery would be an awesome pickup, 2010 stats were better than Julio Jones and A.J. Green. Can't pass on that kind of production.

But depth is such a good thing when your #1 is 33 and your #2 and #3 are both exclusive members of the injured list. Collie less than Avery. Don't get me wrong, I really want Avery to be healthy and stick around. But the more we can provide Luck with to succeed the better. If it's a WR, great. If it's a TE, ok. Lineman...sure. Jeffery would be an awesome pickup, 2010 stats were better than Julio Jones and A.J. Green. Can't pass on that kind of production.

Yeah. I speckon so.

I just read that Vontaze Burfict recently had another workout for coaches and scouts and of the coaches attended was Pete Carroll and he said Burfict looked impressive. Burfict was 10lbs lighter and ran a 4.8 40 better that his 5.06 at combime. I still have him a 5th or 6th pick but i wouldnt mind taking the risk because he could be a real run stuffing factor that we desperately need..

I still say take Janoris Jenkins in the second. Dude reminds me a lot of Earl Thomas except as a cornerback. Has the potential to be the next Aqib Talib. He's like the Dez Bryant of this draft. Guy with extreme talent who drops because of character issues. I watched an interview of him and I saw a guy who had a very good personality with extreme love for the game, and who excepted his mistakes and was willing to learn from them.

I think its pretty simple, what it comes down to, is why take the second or third or fourth best when you can take the best even if he came in with a red flag, if we draft any other Corner we will just be adding to the projects we already have their. we need a clear cut number 1 starter who can set the tone for his position