Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Character Red Flags - 2012 NFL Draft

I still say take Janoris Jenkins in the second. Dude reminds me a lot of Earl Thomas except as a cornerback. Has the potential to be the next Aqib Talib. He's like the Dez Bryant of this draft. Guy with extreme talent who drops because of character issues. I watched an interview of him and I saw a guy who had a very good personality with extreme love for the game, and who excepted his mistakes and was willing to learn from them.

I have no doubt that Jenkns is worth a 2nd round pick. He has the talent... Some draftniks have said he's actually a better cover guy than Claiborne.

That being said, you really do have to worry about the character issues. He was reportedly having the same issues at N Alabama, after being booted from Florida. That doesn't sound like someone who has really learned from his mistakes.

I have no doubt that Jenkns is worth a 2nd round pick. He has the talent... Some draftniks have said he's actually a better cover guy than Claiborne.

That being said, you really do have to worry about the character issues. He was reportedly having the same issues at N Alabama, after being booted from Florida. That doesn't sound like someone who has really learned from his mistakes.

I agree but I do wonder if a team drafted him be it us or another team, if that team can draw up the contract to where he has to pay back what he cost us if he gets in trouble again. such as his rookie contract that way no real harm done if taken in the middle rounds