Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Was at the Game - Takeaways

AustexColt

In my section there were probably more Colt fans than Texan. We got loud calling for the Defense after being humiliated 3Q by 20-3.

Good points:   

• Pittman and JT. Pittman were the only player that got open because of their route running and hustle. 
  • DL 4Q scheme changes added energy. There was absolutely NO PRESSURE. 
  • Matt Ryan brought us back to tie. Wentz would not have been able.

Bad points:

• Rodrigo does not have the leg to do kickoff and be a NFL kicker. Limitations reduces confidence, resulting in missed FG and kickoffs.
  • Poor play calling. WR/TE/RB were not open. ever did they put Hines and JT out there together to confuse the defense. Why???
  • OL play was horrendous. Jerry Hughes ate them up. Matt Ryan had no protection. It was like he was back with the Falcons.
  • Defense was playing like it was the preseason. For 3Q the DL sucked. No Fight in their belly. Why wouldn't you blitz a young QB like Davis???
  • Reich looked lost, At each offensive series he did NOT seek out the coaches or players to address the play. Instead the players went to the bench and sulked. Unbelievable and depressing for the fans.

Thank goodness we are in the lowly AFC South and therefore in first position.

10 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

In my section there were probably more Colt fans than Texan. We got loud calling for the Defense after being humiliated 3Q by 20-3.

Good points:   

• Pittman and JT. Pittman were the only player that got open because of their route running and hustle. 

Bad points:

• Rodrigo does not have the leg to do kickoff and be a NFL kicker. Limitations reduces confidence, resulting in missed FG and kickoffs.
  • Poor play calling. WR/TE/RB were not open. ever did they put Hines and JT out there together to confuse the defense. Why???
  • OL play was horrendous. Jerry Hughes ate them up. Matt Ryan had no protection. It was like he was back with the Falcons.
  • Defense was playing like it was the preseason. For 3Q the DL sucked. No Fight in their belly. Why wouldn't you blitz a young QB like Davis???
  • Reich looked lost, At each offensive series he did NOT seek out the coaches or players to address the play. Instead the players went to the bench and sulked. Unbelievable and depressing for the fans.

Pretty good summary

36 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Nice summary. :thmup:

Pretty telling that Frank doesn’t talk to the offense.  He’s clueless as to what the players are experiencing out there.  That alone is reason enough for him to give up play calling duties in my opinion.

Yes.  He’s a very stoic, studious fellow on the sidelines.  Almost robotic or android-like in demeanor.  I can’t stand it.  LOL

1 hour ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Nice summary. :thmup:

Pretty telling that Frank doesn’t talk to the offense.  He’s clueless as to what the players are experiencing out there.  That alone is reason enough for him to give up play calling duties in my opinion.

Wouldn't that be Brady's job to "coordinate" to the Head coach about the offense? Im just a speculating because i dont have a rundown of Brady's job description.  

7 hours ago, AustexColt said:

Good points:   

Bad points:

Thanks for the report. There are certain things you can only notice when in-person at the game.

I am becoming convinced the Colts are never going to have great success under Frank Reich. and I expect he will probably need to be replaced before long. Discouraging to hear how you saw the team lacked fight... and how poorly the pass protection, and pass rush was.

1 hour ago, strt182 said:

Wouldn't that be Brady's job to "coordinate" to the Head coach about the offense? Im just a speculating because i dont have a rundown of Brady's job description.  

I would say "yes" in some situations.  However, since Frank is calling the plays I woukd think he would be talking to Matt a lot more often. Just seems to be a disconnect between him and the guys on the field to me.  I have no idea how much discussion there is between Brady & Frank.

Archived