Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

S.I. Sept.2022 Issue On The Colts

King Colt

Picked them to win the AFC South with a 12-5 record while Titans finish 9-8.

Quote: "Ryan shows he has some life left in his arm and Taylor earns his second straight All-P nod at RB. New defensive coordinator Gus Bradley fills in ably for the departed Matt Erberflus, now the Bears coach, and the Colts sweep through a vulnerable AFC South." 

Oh, and one more quote, "With Indy, Ryan will have the luxury of working with the best back in the league."

1 hour ago, krunk said:

The good thing about having Bradley is if it works out he will be here for a while bc nobody is hiring him as a head coach again.

It didn't go to well the first time around.  If that defensive front can be as good as it's drafted, traded for and paid, we could have a pretty fun defense to watch.

If not, we are going to get gashed and torched. 

On 8/20/2022 at 5:25 PM, King Colt said:

Picked them to win the AFC South with a 12-5 record while Titans finish 9-8.

Quote: "Ryan shows he has some life left in his arm and Taylor earns his second straight All-P nod at RB. New defensive coordinator Gus Bradley fills in ably for the departed Matt Erberflus, now the Bears coach, and the Colts sweep through a vulnerable AFC South." 

Oh, and one more quote, "With Indy, Ryan will have the luxury of working with the best back in the league."

Pretty sure Ryan was in ATL when Turner and then Freeman were among the best backs in the league and both QB and RB flourished. Thinking we may see some of that this year. 

7 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

The Lions gashed the Colts in the run game. It was only PS, but that was the strength of Flus' scheme. So something to keep an eye on in Week 3.

I would rather have a great Pass D and a middling Run D than the opposite in todays NFL.

That was the biggest flaw of Flus scheme in my opinion. 

12 hours ago, Mitch Connors said:

Pretty sure Ryan was in ATL when Turner and then Freeman were among the best backs in the league and both QB and RB flourished. Thinking we may see some of that this year. 

Freeman was never among the best backs in the league, but Ryan did take advantage of his receiving abilities as we hope he does with Hines...but hopefully it's not because the rest of WRs are lacking, as has been in the case in recent years.

On 8/22/2022 at 10:51 AM, Solid84 said:

I would rather have a great Pass D and a middling Run D than the opposite in todays NFL.

That was the biggest flaw of Flus scheme in my opinion. 

I def agree with that. But I think people just assume the run defense will be good like it's always been. Take that away...and suddenly this defense looks very different, regardless of the pass defense. If you can't stop the run, teams will run on you. Also makes it a lot more difficult to get TOs, which was what made this defense good last year.

Archived