Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Charley Casserly Mock: Coby Fleener at #50!?!

http://www.nfl.com/d...HP11_hot_topics

Not sure if I agree with that. He's the first person I've seen in a long time that doesn't have Fleener going 20th-34th. Maybe we should forward him the link to the sumo wrestlers :D.

Also, for his Colts 2nd pick, he says "Colts: Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor. Luck will need some weapons." I agree Luck does indeed need some weapons, but if Fleener is available like Casserly says he will be, why not take Fleener?

Is there something wrong with Charlie Casserly? I respect most of his opinions on football but this one is just whack. I don't think Fleener or Wright will make it out of the 1st round, but if they both do then they still won't get to 40 and the Colts are guaranteed to pick up one of them if they both are there (most likely Fleener).

According to Pro Football Weekly, Baylor WR Kendall Wright is "parked in the third round" on a number of teams' draft boards after an unimpressive offseason.

There were rumors of an offseason weight gain for Wright, and his forty
at the Combine was slower than anticipated. "Randall Cobb was a lot better," one NFL evaluator said. "Wright is nowhere near as good with the ball in his hands and (Cobb) lasted 'til the back of the second (round). People are getting snookered (by Wright)." Wright managed only four bench-press reps, and Pro Football Weekly reports his body fat was 16 percent. Per PFW, it's "one of the highest percentages for a receiver in the past decade."

Source: Pro Football Weekly