Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Light retiring

schwamm

The Patriots have three guys who are starter-quality in Solder, Vollmer (if he can stay healthy) and Marcus Cannon (same).

They'll be fine and typically they don't draft for need anyway. If the best player available when they use those early picks happens to be an offensive tackle, they'll grab him.

The only thing this might affect is them keeping both first round picks as opposed to trading one for a future one :). They have the O-line bodies that they need but might draft a project later. Their first round picks, in all likelihood, will be defense, unless they want an RB badly, which I doubt.

The only thing this might affect is them keeping both first round picks as opposed to trading one for a future one :). They have the O-line bodies that they need but might draft a project later. Their first round picks, in all likelihood, will be defense, unless they want an RB badly, which I doubt.

Very astute as always... Chad does his homework. :highfive:

I think, after Laurence Maroney, that the next time Belichick drafts a RB in the first round it'll be about -20 farenheit in heck.

My guess is that they'll go for a "depth pick" in the mid rounds. Some guy with a huge upside who is raw or needs time to develop. They kind of specialize in that type of player on the o-line. Scarneccia is a great positional coach... the guy's been through something like seven or eight coaching regimes.