Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

GBs D Requires a Stud Single High FS

Nickster

19 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

makes sense, he is super talented. 

he has stated multiple times he thinks blackmon is underrated.  and made mention of his solo tackling ability multiple times. 

As a free safety, he is over rated. As a box safety , he would be a stud. 

21 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

As a free safety, he is over rated. As a box safety , he would be a stud. 

I don't agree he is overrated, he is barely talked about outside of this forum and other colts related media.. he barely has had a chance to prove himself.  

11 hours ago, Nickster said:

Yeah but you don’t need a nasty safety deep in cover 3.  It’s a luxury that is of negligible importance.  We have box safeties.

right now with what they have this D will get lit up in the back.

they will get someone.  They have to.

Well as it pertains to Cross he's a guy who has upside to play the deep middle.  He's a superb athlete.  Doesn't have the hips to be a corner, but he brings the range you want.

So what he would do is boost your run defense initially but also give you an upside possibility to own that deep role down the road.

8 hours ago, rayski said:

I think Blackmon can play single high but there are some decent prospects at safety too

If that’s our plan we will get absolutely torched in C3.  I would be really surprised if Bradley goes with an oft injured converted S who has proven to be bad in coverage behind him.  Almost as surprised as I would have been if they had Paye as Leo.

• 6 months later...
On 3/18/2022 at 5:41 PM, Nickster said:

If that’s our plan we will get absolutely torched in C3.  I would be really surprised if Bradley goes with an oft injured converted S who has proven to be bad in coverage behind him.  Almost as surprised as I would have been if they had Paye as Leo.

Bump

Archived