Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Quick Annual Reminder....

Around this time of year,  post Senior Bowl, I try to remind us all that Ballard and his scouts look at tape of all draft candidates on their board three different times.

The team has a board now,  but it's not set.

The first,  now, after the Senior Bowl, and after all the December and January bowls.     And the board gets tweeked.   Or tweaked.

The second,  in March, after the Combine.   (Reminder, this year the Combine is a week later than it used to be due to the new longer NFL schedule)    And the board gets adjusted again.      The Combine starts Monday,  Tuesday, March 1 and ends Monday, March 7.

The third and final time is in early April after all the Pro Days.    And the board is slightly adjusted again.   Ballard has said in the past that there is less movement at this point.   They know the players pretty well by that point.    There are some exceptions each year,  but not a lot.

PS -- I'm also expecting that @Superman who I believe is the keeper of the annual Draft Tool Kit page to unveil the 2022 edition soon.   

They get to talk to guys at the Senior Bowl which is always going help. Plus you finally get eyes on guys learning a pro system. Good evaluation for sure. Combine and pro days are a for sure as well. Getting to talk to these guys is pretty big. See where there head is and how they handle stress. 

And I would like to offer, if I might, an addition to this "quick annual reminder".

Soon we all will be jockeying, as we always annually do, for our favorite college players to become Colts. We will read and watch all the stories on these players. We will put out mock drafts trying to predict who will be available when the Colts select. We will get into heated and friendly discussions over these players. We plead our cases and hope, hope, hope, but... Nope, nope, nope.

My annual reminder in addition to @NewColtsFan annual reminder that will go along with @Supermanlist/sheet, is to remind you all that the Colts never pick anyone we actually want whether we have sheets or not, so this year let's shake things up and mock draft a bunch of terrible players who normally wouldn't be on any sheets or wish lists and chances are that's who we are going to get :lol: 

:sip:

3 hours ago, Indeee said:

And I would like to offer, if I might, an addition to this "quick annual reminder".

Soon we all will be jockeying, as we always annually do, for our favorite college players to become Colts. We will read and watch all the stories on these players. We will put out mock drafts trying to predict who will be available when the Colts select. We will get into heated and friendly discussions over these players. We plead our cases and hope, hope, hope, but... Nope, nope, nope.

My annual reminder in addition to @NewColtsFan annual reminder that will go along with @Supermanlist/sheet, is to remind you all that the Colts never pick anyone we actually want whether we have sheets or not, so this year let's shake things up and mock draft a bunch of terrible players who normally wouldn't be on any sheets or wish lists and chances are that's who we are going to get :lol: 

:sip:

Like minds   LOL

Archived