Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Week 17 Practice/Injury Report (LVR)

EastStreet

5 minutes ago, sb2001 said:

This is THAT week in the year where almost nobody knows what day it is. 

I think the two back to back Saturday games has us in Saturday night football mode.

Reich said Wentz had a tough start to the week physically but seems to be doing better. Said have to see how the next couple days go. We will see if he plays and his energy level.  Unless he is just trying to fool raiders. But it doesn’t sound like it.

8 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Did he mention anything that would give you the sense Braden Smith will be out? 

No. He actually said Smith can return tomorrow. I don’t think he would of said that if it wasn’t expected. He also said Pryor will start at LT if Fisher can’t go. That is either a indication Smith will be back or Davenport would be at right tackle.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

It does sound like he might not play. I am curious how Pryor will do.  

Well if they get Smith back.  If they don’t I am not sure how they will shuffle the tackle position.  I could see them maybe swinging Nelson out to LT for a game and playing Reed at LG and letting Pryor hold down RT.  There is also (shudders) the Davenport option.  

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well if they get Smith back.  If they don’t I am not sure how they will shuffle the tackle position.  I could see them maybe swinging Nelson out to LT for a game and playing Reed at LG and letting Pryor hold down RT.  There is also (shudders) the Davenport option.  

Reich mentioned Smith can come off tomorrow. So it sounds like he can go. Unless he had a lot of symptoms and his energy level is bad and can’t physically go  I don’t think Reich would of said that if he didn’t expect Smith to go.

18 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Reich mentioned Smith can come off tomorrow. So it sounds like he can go. Unless he had a lot of symptoms and his energy level is bad and can’t physically go  I don’t think Reich would of said that if he didn’t expect Smith to go.

That would be the best option.

In case you didn't know...

Raiders placed TE Darren Waller on COVID-19 list

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2021/12/30/las-vegas-raiders-darren-waller-colts-covid-19-nfl-week-17/

Raiders' K.J. Wright: Activated from COVID-19 list

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/raiders-k-j-wright-activated-from-covid-19-list/

ESPN predicts that Raiders RB Josh Jacobs will outproduce Colts RB Jonathan Taylor in Week 17

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2021/12/31/espn-predicts-that-raiders-rb-josh-jacobs-will-outproduce-colts-rb-jonathan-taylor-in-week-17/

Raiders activate WR Bryan Edwards, send DE Carl Nassib to reserve/COVID-19 list

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2021/12/30/raiders-activate-wr-bryan-edwards-send-de-carl-nassib-to-reserve-covid-19-list/

It’s worth noting that the Raiders had several players not on the injury report due to COVID-19. That list includes K.J. Wright, Denzel Perryman and Casey Hayward Jr. However, the Raiders are optimistic that all three will be available against the Colts in Week 17.

On 12/29/2021 at 9:28 PM, EastStreet said:

I took my mother out today shopping to like 4 places... she doesn't get around well and has underlying conditions (two rounds of chemo and radiation the last 4 years). She's vax'd and boosted, but still worries the heck out of me. I wish she'd stay in and Netflix and chill lol.... I'm trying to fix her PC that I built for her about 5 years ago, and pounding my head.... I'm ready for a "warm" drink myself. I picked up several big warm bottles at Costco today lol.... Gonna sleep in tomorrow though. 

Get your rest and pick something good on Netflix. I wish I could lol... I'm hoping to get back South this weekend and do a Gomorrah binge to get ready for the final season. Great show if you have HBO Max. I got my mother hooked on Yellowstone, and she's started binging that. 

You are my favorite poster on here bc I love all your knowledge and stats.  However, I’m not sure you know what Netflix and chill means...especially if you want your mom doing it :funny:

3 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

You are my favorite poster on here bc I love all your knowledge and stats.  However, I’m not sure you know what Netflix and chill means...especially if you want your mom doing it :funny:

I know exactly what it means. She's single and 76. You interested?

2 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

So many responses I want to say but I already have one warning for inappropriate comments.  I’m just going to say thank you for looking out but I’m happily married. 

Maybe I'll sign her up for Match.com lol...

76 SWF, hard to live with, nosey, relates best to cats, talks on the phone all day long, addicted to facebook and her crime reports phone app, watches local news, news, and Lifetime non-stop.... Looking for yard work capable male, preferably deaf and mute.

If you're ever single, let me know. I'll hook ya up. 

I just had a thought (hope it doesn't die of loneliness). How would you like to beat a team as good as Arizona, and then have a draft of the players the Colts are getting back. I think that portends a positive result in future. I'd bet a dollar Sam could win this game.

2 minutes ago, bleevit said:

I just had a thought (hope it doesn't die of loneliness). How would you like to beat a team as good as Arizona, and then have a draft of the players the Colts are getting back. I think that portends a positive result in future. I'd bet a dollar Sam could win this game.

The fact everyone is coming back I think he could too. Hines and Taylor would be used a ton more in the screen and short passing game. Might see more crossers on Intermediate  routes.  Reich said we would see Sam running around a little bit more. More Sandlot he said.

Archived