Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Colts at Cardinals Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

4 hours ago, NDSU_Guy said:

Rivers was a 65% passer.  Comparing Rivers year with the Colts, Wentz has better stats.

Philip Rivers had a 68% completion percentage with the Colts last season, and Carson Wentz currently sits at 62.8%. I loved  Philip as much as the next guy, but I believe that with his mobility, competence with the QB sneak and cannon arm, Carson has a much higher ceiling with the Colts.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Actually wrong on both fronts, range much better in the 40-49 range as well as overall numbers.

Hot Rod 84.3%  all fg's...40-49 range  82.3%

Badgley 79.8 %  all fg's  40-49 range 72.7 %

And these numbers included the Balt game which Hot Rod kicked injured in,throw out that game and the difference becomes greater.

This season Hot Rod 9/10 on field goals and 6 /6 p.a.t.s  before the injury....reports say he is fully healthy. 

If Blankenship is fully healthy but Frank still opts to go with Badgley, that tells me something - for the record though, in twice as many games, Badgley has been far more effective than Rodrigo has:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/clt/2021.htm

Screenshot_20211226-154151_Chrome.jpg.e0f940b685fe9457d62252ace7ec7391.jpg

1 minute ago, Lancer1 said:

If Blankenship is fully healthy but Frank still opts to go with Badgley, that tells me something - for the record though, in twice as many games, Badgley has been far more effective than Rodrigo has:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/clt/2021.htm

Screenshot_20211226-154151_Chrome.jpg.e0f940b685fe9457d62252ace7ec7391.jpg

Those stats include the Balt game he was hurt in as noted before, games where he was not injured his stats much better across the board.

7 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Those stats include the Balt game he was hurt in as noted before, games where he was not injured his stats much better across the board.

It amuses me how you keep trying to throw out the very consequential Baltimore game, because it totally destroys your argument that Rodrigo Blankenship been better for this team than Michael Badgley has, in half as many games played.

Injury or not, if we win that game alone, we've probably already clinched a postseason berth and we'd have a real good shot at the divisional title as well.

2 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

It amuses me how you keep trying to throw out the very consequential Baltimore game, because it totally destroys your argument that Rodrigo Blankenship been better for this team than Michael Badgley has, in half as many games played.

Amazes me how you are trying to use a game player was injured in before any kick attempt to TRY and prove other player is better when both are healthy when every stats says otherwise. Honestly makes zero sense to me or anyone else.

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

Amazes me how you are trying to use a game player was injured in before any kick attempt to TRY and prove other player is better when both are healthy when every stats says otherwise. Honestly makes zero sense to me or anyone else.

Now if you honestly believe he and team is lying and no injury occurred only then can you make the argument, so are claiming it is all made up ? Not sure I follow.

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Anyone know what time of poscession was yesterday? 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=401326555

bottom of team stats.

Colts won it by about five minutes but it’s a little skewed because the Colts let the cardinals chew up about the last four minutes on that last drive as they were more interested in letting the cardinals have all the short plays they wanted to keep the clock going than giving up big plays.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=401326555

bottom of team stats.

Colts won it by about five minutes but it’s a little skewed because the Colts let the cardinals chew up about the last four minutes on that last drive as they were more interested in letting the cardinals have all the short plays they wanted to keep the clock going than giving up big plays.

It sure seemed at the end of the first going into the second half with all the cardinals penalties the defense was barely on thd field.

9 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Actually wrong on both fronts, range much better in the 40-49 range as well as overall numbers.

Hot Rod 84.3%  all fg's...40-49 range  82.3%

Badgley 79.8 %  all fg's  40-49 range 72.7 %

And these numbers included the Balt game which Hot Rod kicked injured in,throw out that game and the difference becomes greater.

This season Hot Rod 9/10 on field goals and 6 /6 p.a.t.s  before the injury....reports say he is fully healthy. 

Obviously the staff has more confidence in Badgeley right now No matter what the distance.   I kinda do too.

3 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Hot Rod 84.3% fg lifetime (Yes that does include his injured game)

Badgley 79.8% fg lifetime

4.5% difference, not much more to say...

Vaderjagt had a better % than both.  Wanna bring him back?

its all about NOW.  Lifetime (yes, injured or not) isnt top of the list, Although that MASSIVE 4.5% difference is extremely hard to ignore.  I may have nightmares over it.  Almost 5%!  Holy crap.

You also have to consider experience. Badgeley has 84ish career attempts vs 51ish for Spex.

so i guess there was more to say.

Blankenship may be back this year.  But to bring him in cold when Badgeley is hitting most makes little sense right now.

They are very similar stat-wise i think.  Many kickers are.  They can be so streaky.  Kinda nice having the back-up plan.

It was said hot Rod worked on his leg strength in the offseason. The sad thing is before he got injured we never got to see if he had improved with longer field goals. He hadn’t had the chance yet. So not counting him out yet of being able to hit longer ones. Depending how he has looked behind closed doors we might see him back next week.

Of course the Colts didn’t attend it this way but if they hang on and win next week. That’ll be almost two weeks were both Leonard and Nelson rest and rehab their ankles. Call it a mini bye. I know both will be fired up and fresh when they return heading into the playoffs. 

Just watched the highlight video on Colts FB feed.  I've gotta say it:  Cardinals missed 3 FG's and 1 PAT.  If they make those, they win 23-22.  You can make an argument that the Cards lost the game more than the Colts won the game.  Especially with all the starters out that we had.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm glad we won, and I support the team.  But this game may have been more about Cards miscues than Colts overcoming adversity.

2 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Just watched the highlight video on Colts FB feed.  I've gotta say it:  Cardinals missed 3 FG's and 1 PAT.  If they make those, they win 23-22.  You can make an argument that the Cards lost the game more than the Colts won the game.  Especially with all the starters out that we had.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm glad we won, and I support the team.  But this game may have been more about Cards miscues than Colts overcoming adversity.

Only 2 fgs I thought but your point stands. We overcame plenty of adversity though

9 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

We missed a FG too.

Archived