Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New SBORBUST Colts Draft (Friday 13th edition)

1st- QB Andrew Luck (No explanation needed.)

2nd- WR Stephen Hill (I think either Hill or Randle at WR should fall to us, both of whom are in the top 5 of WRs in this class. Hill is a little more raw, who is not quite as fluid as Randle. We need a top WR for the future to learn from Reggie for a few years, and Luck to Hill could be quite a combo.)

#TRADE# - Indy sends DE Dwight Freeney and 2013 5th to NE for their first 2nd round pick(48th overall)(Analysis of trade - I still think something could be brewing in the mix of a deal with another team come draft day since we STILL have not restructured his deal lowering the 19 mil cap hit. NE desperately needs a pass rusher, and to get them back to the superbowl, this move makes a lot of sense for them. Indy can now see what Jerry Hughes has at DE/OLB as a potential starter along with Mathis. And if Hughes can't cut it, we can always land Jarvis Jones or Sam Montgomery in next year's draft at DE/OLB.)

2nd(via trade)- OG Kevin Zeitler (We now have a very talented and young OL and potentially a GREAT run blocking OL. Zeitler, Ijalana, Satelle, and Costanzo are all considered very good run blockers so we should be able to run on anyone with this pick. Plus giving Luck WR Hill and now Zeitler further adds to his success.)

3rd- CB Janoris Jenkins (We take a chance on a guy who has off the field troubles but immense potential. If our meeting went well with him, and Pagano and Co. feel we can keep him under wraps off the field for the most part, then Im fine with taking him. I could realistically see him falling to the top of the 3rd now though.)

4th- TE Ladarius Green (We need a TE of the future for Luck, and Green could end up being like a Jimmy Graham. I just would prefer to wait a little and get a guy with high upside at TE rather than reach a little for Fleener at the 34 spot.)

5th- ILB James Michael Johnson (We need another ILB for depth.)

5th(comp) NT Akiem Hicks (Can share time with McKinney at NT.)

6th- TE James Hanna (We need another TE since we lost 2.)

6th(comp)- SS Tavon Wilson (Depth at SS pick.)

7th- BPA

charlie casserly has kendall wright falling to us in the 2nd round in his 2 round mock. also fleener,upshaw,cordy glenn,devon still,janoris jenkins all falling to the 2nd. would u guys take wright over those other players that may fall?

Out of that list I may want Cordy Glenn. This OL would be stud having him and Ijalana at OG. Two huge athletic guards. WR Kendall Wright would be a close second.

Please don't trade Freeney to the Pats!

Why not? If we can get a mid 2nd for him that's good value for an aging DE who may not fit our defense as well as Mathis. Plus we are getting younger so that means we probably wont be Superbowl contenders for another 3 years and Freeney wont be too effective by then. May as well get a young talent to replace him. Plus its time to see what Hughes can provide given the opportunity.

Why not? If we can get a mid 2nd for him that's good value for an aging DE who may not fit our defense as well as Mathis. Plus we are getting younger so that means we probably wont be Superbowl contenders for another 3 years and Freeney wont be too effective by then. May as well get a young talent to replace him. Plus its time to see what Hughes can provide given the opportunity.

I might die a little if I see Freeney playing for the Pats. This is something I enjoy seeing:

brady-freeney.jpg?w=300