Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Week 10 Practice Report (Jags)

EastStreet

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Depends on when they got the results, they could have gotten it part of the the way through practice and yanked him off the field.  Either way there are lots of other illness in the world let’s hope it’s one of those.

Pretty sure I heard they have to get tested before entering facility and can’t enter until the result is back. If his symptoms were covid symptoms even with a negative test they probably would have sent him home as a precaution. This is why Rochelle missed with a game. He needed to negative covid tests to travel and only had one. Are I am sure if they were covid symptoms he would of been sent home even with a neg test this morning. I was mainly joking. A guy I would assume could have symptoms test negative then have a positive the next day.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Pretty sure I heard they have to get tested before entering facility and can’t enter until the result is back. If his symptoms were covid symptoms even with a negative test they probably would have sent him home as a precaution. This is why Rochelle missed with a game. He needed to negative covid tests to travel and only had one. Are I am sure if they were covid symptoms he would of been sent home even with a neg test this morning. I was mainly joking. A guy I would assume could have symptoms test negative then have a positive the next day.

Ya they have to do it early morning (7:30 I think) and then leave and then comeback. 

It would be nice if we knew which LP he was (team or individual) 

37 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'm gonna say he either ate White Castles, or caught the sniffles on the food truck. :thmup:

I have an iron gut, and I'd guess he does too, but perhaps he's not fully acclimated to double cheeseburgers and a large bag of onion chips just yet. I have a buddy that goes back to Indy with me every once in a while. He's only had WCs on those occasions. Loves them. But they totally knock his digestive system out of whack for half a day. Better than a good cleanse lol. 

He probably ate 2 Double Cheese and a large Chip lmao , that does it everytime.

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He probably ate 2 Double Cheese and a large Chip lmao , that does it everytime.

That's my go to, along with a fish with cheese. 

Have to have it every time I'm back in Indy. 

Before Covid, I always had a routine when back. WC, St. E's, and Greek place my mom likes, Jack's Pizza, and a few others. Was only able to do WC and J's Pizza last time back. 

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

That's my go to, along with a fish with cheese. 

Have to have it every time I'm back in Indy. 

Before Covid, I always had a routine when back. WC, St. E's, and Greek place my mom likes, Jack's Pizza, and a few others. Was only able to do WC and J's Pizza last time back. 

Yeah White Castles Fish with Cheese with seasoned salt fries is a great go too. I haven't ate at St E's in a long time or Ruth Chris but both are great. The Jack's pizza down by where my mom lives is really good. 

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah White Castles Fish with Cheese with seasoned salt fries is a great go too. I haven't ate at St E's in a long time or Ruth Chris but both are great. The Jack's pizza down by where my mom lives is really good. 

Jack's is just a good change of pace. My mom loves it because all of the toppings. I love it because unique favor of sauce/spices. I get the supreme minus olives, and add jalapenos and banana peppers.  My mother is right outside of the delivery area, so I always pick one up for us when I'm back. 

I like RC, but it's not to the level of SE's IMO. Last time back though, I did get some SE's cocktail sauce from the store with a bunch of shrimp, and cooked some steaks with SE's seasoning. I do the iron skillet with butter to sear quickly, then oven for a few minutes on max. Filets come out pretty good like that. 

Now I'm hungry again even though I just ate... 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Jack's is just a good change of pace. My mom loves it because all of the toppings. I love it because unique favor of sauce/spices. I get the supreme minus olives, and add jalapenos and banana peppers.  My mother is right outside of the delivery area, so I always pick one up for us when I'm back. 

I like RC, but it's not to the level of SE's IMO. Last time back though, I did get some SE's cocktail sauce from the store with a bunch of shrimp, and cooked some steaks with SE's seasoning. I do the iron skillet with butter to sear quickly, then oven for a few minutes on max. Filets come out pretty good like that. 

Now I'm hungry again even though I just ate... 

Last time I ate Jacks I got an around the world, it has everything on it, Pep, Sausage, Mushroom, onion, green peppers, banana peppers. That was good. 

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Last year it would have been Autry. Earlier this year it would have been Lewis. Now we're down to DE/3T tweeners like Rochell and Dayo, or 3T/NT tweeners like Stallworth/Woods.

That is what I was thinking. Run defense is going to be hurt if he can’t play. Hopefully he is just resting up.

8 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

That is what I was thinking. Run defense is going to be hurt if he can’t play. Hopefully he is just resting up.

Nope. Not really the run D that will be impacted, it will be the absence of the pressures he brings.

They'll likely use a rotation if he's out. Woods/Stallworth early/running downs, and Rochell/Dayo late/passing downs. 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Nope. Not really the run D that will be impacted, it will be the absence of the pressures he brings.

They'll likely use a rotation if he's out. Woods/Stallworth early/running downs, and Rochell/Dayo late/passing downs. 

Hate to disagree but, Buckner would be a huge loss for our run defense, just look at the game he didn't play last year (granted it was the Titans) but it significantly hindered our run defense. Robinson is a good running back which the Jags have been setting their offense up off his run game.

2 minutes ago, JlynRN said:

Did Buckner get hurt in practice or was it something that happened during a game?  Sure hope he's ok and can play on Sunday.

Seemed to happen in practice. He wasn’t on the report Wed then was limited with a back Thursday. If it’s my guess he is just resting it and will play. Will find out soon as practice is almost over.

7 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Hate to disagree but, Buckner would be a huge loss for our run defense, just look at the game he didn't play last year (granted it was the Titans) but it significantly hindered our run defense. Robinson is a good running back which the Jags have been setting their offense up off his run game.

You're missing a HUGE piece of the puzzle. 

• Like you said, it was Henry, so it begins with a big grain of salt.
  • It wasn't just Defo that was out, it was Defo and Autry
  • We had Grover playing 90% of stats. He should never ever play that many
  • We had guys like Cline, Windsor, Stallworth, and Lewis filling in for Defo and Autry

58 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

You're missing a HUGE piece of the puzzle. 

• Like you said, it was Henry, so it begins with a big grain of salt.
  • It wasn't just Defo that was out, it was Defo and Autry
  • We had Grover playing 90% of stats. He should never ever play that many
  • We had guys like Cline, Windsor, Stallworth, and Lewis filling in for Defo and Autry

Exactly with Lewis also being out really hinders our Defensive line and who can adequately play the 3T. 

24 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Exactly with Lewis also being out really hinders our Defensive line and who can adequately play the 3T. 

It's just not close to the same. Autry was full time starter, and played half or more of his snaps at 3T. Lewis wasn't even a starter except for when Paye was out. And Jax doesn't have Henry. They have a good RB, but one that his been out the last couple weeks with injury. 

Jags

FRIDAY

• Limited Participant —
    • RB James Robinson (heel)
  • Full Participant —
    • CB Chris Claybrooks (concussion),
    • DL Adam Gotsis (rest),
    • LB Myles Jack (knee),
    • QB Trevor Lawrence (ankle),
    • OT Cam Robinson (back), 

QUESTIONABLE — RB James Robinson

Jack and Robinson have missed parts or all of practice all week, but Jack was able to come back in full on Friday and be cleared from the report while Robinson is questionable.

30 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

It's just not close to the same. Autry was full time starter, and played half or more of his snaps at 3T. Lewis wasn't even a starter except for when Paye was out. And Jax doesn't have Henry. They have a good RB, but one that his been out the last couple weeks with injury. 

Okay now I have no idea what you're talking about, what does Autry have to do with our current roster?

I'm talking if Buckner is out this week our run game will be hurt because we have a lack of depth at 3T due to Lewis being hurt, as he was the logical person to move in. James Robinson has only been out 1 week and has played very since Urban started using him in week 3 although his week 1 and 2 weren't terrible.

Just now, Zoltan said:

Okay now I have no idea what you're talking about, what does Autry have to do with our current roster?

I'm talking if Buckner is out this week our run game will be hurt because we have a lack of depth at 3T due to Lewis being hurt, as he was the logical person to move in. James Robinson has only been out 1 week and has played very since Urban started using him in week 3 although his week 1 and 2 weren't terrible.

You brought up last year vs TN, and how bad we played vs the run when Defo was out.

I pointed out that it wasn't just Defo. It was Autry and Defo that were out.

And of course, it was Henry, not a questionable RB like the Jag's.

Robinson when out early in the Seattle guy after only 4 carries. So he's played like on quarter in two weeks. 

He's a good back. But he's gimpy, and he's not close to Henry.

In short, we'll be more than fine vs the run. We'll miss Defo's pressures more than his run D.

14 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

You brought up last year vs TN, and how bad we played vs the run when Defo was out.

I pointed out that it wasn't just Defo. It was Autry and Defo that were out.

And of course, it was Henry, not a questionable RB like the Jag's.

Robinson when out early in the Seattle guy after only 4 carries. So he's played like on quarter in two weeks. 

He's a good back. But he's gimpy, and he's not close to Henry.

In short, we'll be more than fine vs the run. We'll miss Defo's pressures more than his run D.

Ohh okay I see where I got confused,

I will say this though don't underestimate Robinson he isn't Henry but he is no slouch

4 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Ohh okay I see where I got confused,

I will say this though don't underestimate Robinson he isn't Henry but he is no slouch

I like Robinson. But he's several notches down from Henry. 

And doesn't really have the OL run blocking.

If he gets off, I doubt it's because we're getting smashed on the interior. I would likely be be on edge, or because we had LBs whiffing tackles. 

With Rhodes out hoping we finally see Dennard elevated from P.S. Don't trust Bo Pete or Chesley at all so a lot on Rodgers plate. Want Carrie in the snaps he sees at F.S. with Sendajo at SS then when T.J. is out slide Sendajo back to Free and Josh Jones or Addae at Strong.  Let Odum focus on his strength Special Teams.

7 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Yeah and we saw last year in the Titans game that Buckner missed Grover is not the same player without Buckner in there with him.  Not having Buckner would be a huge blow to the run defense.

Archived