Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

4th and 1

Mighty Blue

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

As long as Titus is there, so will jazz. I dabble myself, but I pretty much listen to everything. 

Lewis is incredible, but so is Giamatti. 

The opening scene, I'm thinking John Adams has really come a long way since he was so awkward with ole Abigail when she came out to Versailles.  

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if this is the play where we were going for it on 4th, then had to use a time out because we weren't set properly, then still went for it, I feel like we should have just punted the ball away.  We were lucky to get the 1st down, and could have let Miami get back in the game with good field position had we misfired.  Now, had we been ready for the call to begin with, I'm ok with going for 1 inch.  We should make that.  It's just a matter of being prepared IMHO.

21 hours ago, JMichael557 said:

It was 4th down and 1 inch maybe 2. You should never put in that situation. The objective is to keep the ball. What most people do not understand is a punt is a turnover.  Sometimes you have to punt but there are multiple studies that show that punting the ball is one of the worst decisions in football. Now the play calling is a differnent story. I certainly do not like the plays we chose in the 4th and short situations. That needs to be improved. But punting the ball away when the odds of converting are over 80% is foolish in the long run. 

I've never seen them.   

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not quite 50%, close though. Last season if I remember correctly I think it was 9 of 17 which is just over 50%. 

In 2020

11 of 16 running

7 of 14 passing (7 of 13 for Rivers)

Rivers was killer

All the rushing fails came from Hines and Wilkins

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

In 2020

11 of 16 running

7 of 14 passing (7 of 13 for Rivers)

Rivers was killer

All the rushing fails came from Hines and Wilkins

Yeah I miss Rivers already, that is not a knock against Wentz because I think Wentz has played good at times. Rivers just had so much leadership, maybe Wentz does too but Rivers talked more haha .

Archived