Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tevi out for the season

CR91

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'm sure somebody is zooming with him, but if he's covid positive, he's going to be at home alone.

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I have a feeling he has the workout equipment not to mention the ability to Zoom with the team

Of course, but I would assume the hands on Fisher isn't getting will push his recovery and it wasn't exactly a guarantee he was gonna return week 1 before he got Covid.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Of course, but I would assume the hands on Fisher isn't getting will push his recovery and it wasn't exactly a guarantee he was gonna return week 1 before he got Covid.

It wasn't looking like he was gonna be back week 1 IMO.

Doctors have to release him first to become even eligible for team work, and he didn't sound near that phase. He was pretty limited to motion drills per some of the pressers.

And if he can't make it off pre-season PUP, he'll transition from pre-season Active PUP to reg season reserve PUP. And if on reg reserve season PUP, IIRC, he can't practice or play the first 6 weeks. 

So in short, either the docs release him before the last practice (before the Seattle game), or he's out 6 games.

Fingers crossed.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Doctors have to release him first to become even eligible for team work, and he didn't sound near that phase. He was pretty limited to motion drills per some of the pressers.

And if he can't make it off pre-season PUP, he'll transition from pre-season Active PUP to reg season reserve PUP. And if on reg reserve season PUP, IIRC, he can't practice or play the first 6 weeks. 

So in short, either the docs release him before the last practice (before the Seattle game), or he's out 6 games.

Fingers crossed.

Well that's why I say losing Tevi is an issue depth wise.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Fingers crossed.

They can put him on IR and he would be able to come back after 3 games. Reich said he was in the last stage of rehab.

Just now, CR91 said:

Well that's why I say losing Tevi is an issue depth wise.

Honestly Chloe might be better than Tevi..... 

Davenport will start at LT. Holden will be the swing T. Hoden hasn't played well, but both are better than Tevi IMO. 

So we'll be no worse so long as we don't lose two Ts... lol... 

If Holden starts, were in trouble. If Tevi started, we're in bigger trouble. 

Honestly though, wouldn't be shocked if we brought in another OT in the next week. Shopping the waiver aisle, or grabbing a FA who's willing to take less. There are still a few decent OT FAs avaialble believe it or not.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Davenport will start at LT. Holden will be the swing T. Hoden hasn't played well, but both are better than Tevi IMO. 

Honestly though, wouldn't be shocked if we brought in another OT in the next week. Shopping the waiver aisle, or grabbing a FA who's willing to take less. There are still a few decent OT FAs avaialble believe it or not.

Waiver claims/Street FA are a good possibility 

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

They can put him on IR and he would be able to come back after 3 games. Reich said he was in the last stage of rehab.

He has to be cleared by doctors to return before he can come off PUP. He can't go from PUP directly to IR as far as I know.

If Tevi was cut I believe one of Colts projected comp picks would have moved up a round. The specifics of the Tevi contract could cause his signing to cancel Walker's deal rather than Brissett’s, which would mean the Colts would get a 6th rd pick instead of a 7th rd pick. 

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

We should go get Okung.

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

That will most likely be the colts next move. I'd be shocked if they didn't claim a T after cuts.

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I am sure that will happen. They will will clear him to put him on the 53. Then IR him if need be.

He just started to ramp up individual workouts on the sideline, and Frank said he was approaching the "last step" of his rehab (he wasn't in the last step).

None of us know his plan, steps, or step durations, etc., but I didn't get the feel he was only a week or two away. If it's just passing a physical, perhaps he can in the next two weeks. I'd assume they'd just test range of motion mostly, check scans, etc..

8 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Makes me wonder if they wanted to much money

Welp, he's still sitting out there, and some money is better than no money.

Just now, EastStreet said:

Doubt there's going to be many if any quality OTs waived though. Better than Tevi, probably.

Regardless, we need more depth. The next T after Davenport and Holden is Carter O'Donnell

23 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Don't have that long to make the decision. Tuesday will come quick.

I imagine they get him cleared and just put him on IR after initial cut down. Then minimal 3 games. They have to have some kind of inkling of when he might be back. If its week 4 or 5 might as well just keep him on PUP list. Not risk losing whoever will take his roster spot if it comes to it.

14 minutes ago, bertjones7 said:

If Tevi was cut I believe one of Colts projected comp picks would have moved up a round. The specifics of the Tevi contract could cause his signing to cancel Walker's deal rather than Brissett’s, which would mean the Colts would get a 6th rd pick instead of a 7th rd pick. 

Another reason how this injury affected our roster.

Depth

Cap

Draft Comp

We probably wasn't going to release him, although he was pretty bad. Injury eliminated the option though.

10 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He just started to ramp up individual workouts on the sideline, and Frank said he was approaching the "last step" of his rehab (he wasn't in the last step).

None of us know his plan, steps, or step durations, etc., but I didn't get the feel he was only a week or two away. If it's just passing a physical, perhaps he can in the next two weeks. I'd assume they'd just test range of motion mostly, check scans, etc..

Welp, he's still sitting out there, and some money is better than no money.

It will all depend how many games they expect him  to miss. Personally I don’t see him missing 6 games. He is supposed to be back sometime in sept.

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Regardless, we need more depth. The next T after Davenport and Holden is Carter O'Donnell

Keep in mind we only kept 8 OL last year. Our depth guys were Clark, Pinter, and Green. 

So let's see we keep 9 total this year, 4 of whom are depth. Are you gong to keep 3 depth Ts, and only on IOL?

And also possibly carry Fisher (10th) if he makes it off PUP while trying to get back to form?

11 minutes ago, w87r said:

Don't have that long to make the decision. Tuesday will come quick.

I imagine they get him cleared and just put him on IR after initial cut down. Then minimal 3 games. They have to have some kind of inkling of when he might be back. If its week 4 or 5 might as well just keep him on PUP list. Not risk losing whoever will take his roster spot if it comes to it.

Pre-season doesn't end officially until Sep-5

8 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Keep in mind we only kept 8 OL last year. Our depth guys were Clark, Pinter, and Green. 

So let's see we keep 9 total this year, 4 of whom are depth. Are you gong to keep 3 depth Ts, and only on IOL?

And also possibly carry Fisher (10th) if he makes it off PUP while trying to get back to form?

What is the status of Pinter

this is one possibility for backup

G/C Pinter

G/T Carter O

T TBA

Hunt as the C depth if Pinter is still dinged up

not to mention Reed

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

A lot will depend on his medical release

He can be released so he can go on the 53 then put right on IR. Reich did say him having to isolate shouldn’t hurt him because he was in the final stages. We have a lot of guys we are going to have to possibly going to have to IR. Pinter is another one.

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

What is the status of Pinter

this is one possibility for backup

G/C Pinter

G/T Carter O

T TBA

Hunt as the C depth if Pinter is still dinged up

Last thing I saw (1070 The Fan) said he has been in a boot still the last 2 weeks.

Have zero clue about his outlook.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

He can be released so he can go on the 53 then put right on IR. Reich did say him having to isolate shouldn’t hurt him because he was in the final stages. We have a lot of guys we are going to have to possibly going to have to IR. Pinter is another one.

He will need to see a Doctor to get his release 

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

You just can't magically release someone.... 

Also, Reich said he was "approaching the final step", not in the final step.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

Understandably the Colts didn’t want to play Q at LT but after watching the stiffs they put out there during preseason I think Nelson at LT and Reed at G for a couple of games would have been just fine for a short period. 

I think it is a very good possibility if he is healthy week one and Davenport is bad to start the game.

Archived