Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What do you think about trading Marlon Mack speculation?

Myles

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t think you’re following the thread very closely.   I seriously doubt we’d get a 4 or a 5 for a RB coming off an Achilles injury.   Especially not while guys like Peterson and Bell are still available.  

So if it’s unlikely we’re getting a 5 and 4, you can bet the farm we’re NOT getting a 3.   Rest well.   Sleep well.   A 3 is simply not happening.  I don’t even think Ballard would have the nerve to ask for a 3.   That would be very, very un-Ballard like. 

I wouldn't trade Mack then, he is a nice insurance policy if Taylor goes down. I know it is highly unlikely we would get a 3rd for him but I am just saying I wouldn't do it for a 4th or a 5th. 

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t think you’re following the thread very closely.   I seriously doubt we’d get a 4 or a 5 for a RB coming off an Achilles injury.   Especially not while guys like Peterson and Bell are still available.  

So if it’s unlikely we’re getting a 5 and 4, you can bet the farm we’re NOT getting a 3.   Rest well.   Sleep well.   A 3 is simply not happening.  I don’t even think Ballard would have the nerve to ask for a 3.   That would be very, very un-Ballard like. 

Thanks regarding "Rest well", shot isn't until the morning though. I am at work right now, I am just posting because it isn't busy here but it will be shortly. Regarding Mack I think he bounces back and has a good year, it may not show up as a big year statistically yards wise because we have Taylor but I can see his yards per carry being around 4.5 with his explosion. 

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think as long as there are players like Adrian Peterson and Leveon Bell on the market, it’s hard to see anyone offering the Colts a 4 for a guy coming off an Achilles injury.   I’m not even sure we’d be offered a 5 with quality guys still on the street. 

I also agree with this. I don't think anyone would offer a 4 but, if they did, I think the Colts should take it.

• Nadine changed the title to What do you think about trading Marlon Mack speculation?

IF anyone offered a draft pick for Mack you have to at least listen… problem is I don’t think anyone is offering much if anything…

Ballard kept preaching how Mack was a great player that he would love to keep but he was to paraphrase “going to get offered a contract we won’t be able to match”… I think that contract offer never materialized and Ballard resigned him at a price he was comfortable with.

Having said all that I think Ballard was planning on that comp pick lol… It didn’t happen so we signed low and hopefully Mack balls out and we try again next year. But if someone offers a pick for this upcoming draft as opposed to a comp pick in 23 I’d jump on it.

On 7/23/2021 at 11:04 AM, Myles said:

Been seeing some stuff about how the Colts and Rams could make a trade.  Nothing official.   Has Mack going to the Rams for a 5th round pick.

While good for the Rams and great for Mack, that would suck for the Colts.   I like going into the season with a very solid RB crew.  If Hines or Taylor would miss some time, we would still be fine.   We could go into the late part of the season with Taylor on fresh legs.   For the future, it could be very good to save 150 carries on Taylors legs.

I'll be bummed if the Colts would do this.

If we could somehow negotiate a 2nd or 3rd then I am all for it especially since we will be possibly losing a next years first or second depending on how well Wentz plays and if he stays healthy.

Archived