Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do you think Trevor Lawrence and Urban Meyer will work well together?

RockThatBlue

49 minutes ago, SchlicterSZN said:

Meyer is a *, always has been.  DD's takes today defending his friend for this should be interesting 

Right on cue.... Dan just asked his audience if the reaction to Meyers lap dance escapade would be the same from everyone if Meyer were single.  Literally the dumbest question I think I've heard him ask.

1 hour ago, SchlicterSZN said:

Right on cue.... Dan just asked his audience if the reaction to Meyers lap dance escapade would be the same from everyone if Meyer were single.  Literally the dumbest question I think I've heard him ask.

For me it has more to do with the fact that the team is ailing at this point, and it looks like he lied to the organization on what he was doing. Spending time with your grandkids and getting lap dances?  It's a free country, and if Meyer wants a lap dance then so be it, but he honestly should have been with the team and saved that % for the off season. 

The Jags at this time are basically leaderless. 

On 10/5/2021 at 12:48 PM, SchlicterSZN said:

Moot point. Because he is married (for now).  

And yes. Dumb dumb question. ..

I don't see how Urban Meyer keeps his job.  Not after this.  It may not happen until the end of the season, but I believe it's gonna happen.  So who do the Jags turn to?

Nathaniel Hackett, OC Packers -- Had previous experience with the Jags, creating an offense with Blake Bortles that was 5th in points and 6th in yards.

Eric Bieniemy, OC Chiefs -- Poster boy for racial inequality in head coach hiring.  His offense has been too good for too long for it not to happen.

Dabo Swinney, HC Clemson -- Not that the Jags would want to try going down the college coach road again, but if they did, hiring Trevor Lawrence's college coach would be the way to do it.

Too early?  I don't think so.

19 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

I don't see how Urban Meyer keeps his job.  Not after this.  It may not happen until the end of the season, but I believe it's gonna happen.  So who do the Jags turn to?

Nathaniel Hackett, OC Packers -- Had previous experience with the Jags, creating an offense with Blake Bortles that was 5th in points and 6th in yards.

Eric Bieniemy, OC Chiefs -- Poster boy for racial inequality in head coach hiring.  His offense has been too good for too long for it not to happen.

Dabo Swinney, HC Clemson -- Not that the Jags would want to try going down the college coach road again, but if they did, hiring Trevor Lawrence's college coach would be the way to do it.

Agree.  I don't see how he keeps his job or his marriage. 

Stupid stupid stupid. 

Prêaches to his team to always watch yourself in public, caméras everywhere.  Always do the right thing and don't put yourself in compromising position.  He screwed up!  

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

Explain the poster boy for social inequality for Bieniemy?   You know his history right?

It’s funny how Urban & Trevor never seem to be on the same page in post game press conferences.  Urban says Trevor isn’t ready to run a QB sneak.  Trevor says he’s ready.  Urban says he and the team are “desperate” to win a game.  He looks broken. Keeps repeating “desperate”.  Trevor takes the mic and says yeah they want to win but there’s no need for them to get “desperate”.  Seems like a serious disconnect between the 2 of the leaders of the team.

19 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

It’s funny how Urban & Trevor never seem to be on the same page in post game press conferences.  Urban says Trevor isn’t ready to run a QB sneak.  Trevor says he’s ready.  Urban says he and the team are “desperate” to win a game.  He looks broken. Keeps repeating “desperate”.  Trevor takes the mic and says yeah they want to win but there’s no need for them to get “desperate”.  Seems like a serious disconnect between the 2 of the leaders of the team.

I think Urban was saying the coaches are not comfortable with him doing QB sneaks even if Trevor himself is.  Hes tall and skinny, doesnt seem built for it to me.  He didnt do it in college either 

Archived