Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Sign 5 2021 NFL Draft Picks

stitches

https://www.colts.com/news/nfl-draft-picks-kwity-paye-sign-rookie-contracts-2021-season

• First round, 21st overall: Michigan DE Kwity Paye
  • Second round, 54th overall: Vanderbilt DE Dayo Odeyingbo
  • Fifth round, 165th overall: Florida S Shawn Davis
  • Seventh round, 229th overall: Charleston WR Mike Strachan
  • Seventh round, 248th overall: Penn State OG Will Fries

• stitches changed the title to Colts Sign 5 2021 NFL Draft Picks

Seems like we've also signed 5 UDFAs:

https://www.colts.com/news/undrafted-free-agents-sign-tarik-black-anthony-butler-deon-jackson-nfl-draft

Here's what you need to know about each of the Colts' five new UDFAs:

Tarik Black | WR | 6-3 | 215 lbs.

Black caught 50 passes for 747 yards and three touchdowns in four college seasons spent at Michigan (2017-2019) and Texas (2020). He recorded a 4.53 40-yard dash and a 40-inch vertical jump at his pro day earlier this year. Black missed 17 games during his first two years at Michigan due to both a broken left foot (2017) and a fracture in his right foot (2018). 

Anthony Butler | LB | 6-1 | 222 lbs.

Butler transferred to Liberty from Charlotte for his final collegiate season and had 67 tackles, two interceptions, four pass break-ups and four tackles for a loss in 2020. He appeared in 36 games (16 starts) at Charlotte and recorded 146 tackles, 10 1/2 tackles for a loss, 3 1/2 sacks and four pass break-ups before transferring to Liberty. 

Deon Jackson | RB | 6-0 | 220 lbs.

Only two running backs had faster 40-yard dash times at their respective 2021 pro days than Jackson, who clocked a 4.4-second 40-yard dash at Duke's pro day. Jackson appeared in 48 games for the Blue Devils (31 starts) and rushed for 2,267 yards on 526 carries while adding 534 yards on 61 catches with 23 total touchdowns. Jackson was a team captain in 2020. 

Isaiah Kaufusi | LB | 6-2 | 222 lbs.

Kaufusi is one of 17 members of his extended family to play football at BYU, where he finished his career as a team captain in 2020. He led the Cougars with 83 tackles last year and added 4 1/2 tackles for a loss, four sacks, three forced fumbles and a pick-six in 12 games (nine starts). 

Tyler Vaughns | WR | 6-2 | 184 lbs.

Vaughns appeared in 45 games (37 starts) for USC from 2017-2020 and finished his college career with 222 catches, 2,801 yards and 20 touchdowns. He also returned 31 punts for 267 yards (8.6 yards/return) with one touchdown for the Trojans. Vaughns was a three-time honorable mention All-Pac 12 before being named a second team All-Pac-12 player in 2020.

4 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I remember the "Polian vs the world" days. 

This is drink on a beach in the shade, nicer.

The changes in the CBA also did away with most negotiations. Salary and such is set by the CBA. Very few things left to negotiate 

5 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I remember the "Polian vs the world" days. 

This is drink on a beach in the shade, nicer.

To be fair nowadays with new CBA and the pre-set contract numbers there is not much left that's negotiable. 

Just now, csmopar said:

The changes in the CBA also did away with most negotiations. Salary and such is set by the CBA. Very few things left to negotiate 

Just now, stitches said:

To be fair nowadays with new CBA and the pre-set contract numbers there is not much left that's negotiable. 

Yes, I know. Just remembering....the good ol times...

Great news, especially for Dayo.  Not sure who has been handling his rehab (I suspect the trainers/Doctors at Vandy?), but getting him in-house and working with our staff probably couldn’t be done until his pen hit the ink?  Not sure how all that works to be honest.  :dunno:

Either way I’m glad the organization can start working on his return to the field.

35 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Great news, especially for Dayo.  Not sure who has been handling his rehab (I suspect the trainers/Doctors at Vandy?), but getting him in-house and working with our staff probably couldn’t be done until his pen hit the ink?  Not sure how all that works to be honest.  :dunno:

Either way I’m glad the organization can start working on his return to the field.

Here’s the thing with Dayo, I think the Colts with be very patient in bringing him back into live action. I think they really learned their lesson with Turray. Ballard even alluded to it in his post draft interviews. It really sounds like a redshirt year for Dayo

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Here’s the thing with Dayo, I think the Colts with be very patient in bringing him back into live action. I think they really learned their lesson with Turray. Ballard even alluded to it in his post draft interviews. It really sounds like a redshirt year for Dayo

Agree 100% about learning from the Kemoko situation.  CB is definitely thinking long term here in that he wants Dayo to have all the time he needs to make the greatest impact for the D.  

But I’m sure I’m no different from anyone else that is salivating thinking about how much pressure this DLine can generate throughout a game.  He may be ready for the playoffs, though.  Wouldn’t that be a great weapon to roll out?  No one would have any pro tape on him.  He *could* be a complete game changer.

14 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Agree 100% about learning from the Kemoko situation.  CB is definitely thinking long term here in that he wants Dayo to have all the time he needs to make the greatest impact for the D.  

But I’m sure I’m no different from anyone else that is salivating thinking about how much pressure this DLine can generate throughout a game.  He may be ready for the playoffs, though.  Wouldn’t that be a great weapon to roll out?  No one would have any pro tape on him.  He *could* be a complete game changer.

Could definitely be. 

Archived