Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reality's 2021 Mock Off-Season

As much as I'd rather wait it out and find a value/logical starter at QB, I think pulling the trigger on Wentz is the move if Reich is pushing for it. If Frank thinks he can get Wentz back to MVP level, then I'm on board... pull the trigger. Wentz cap hit is only 23.5 mil for the trading team, and non guarantee'd by 2023/2024. Pull the damn trigger. 

Trade: 

Indy Receives: Carson Wentz, Zach Ertz, 2021 5th 

Philly Receives: 2021 2nd, 2022 2nd, 2022 3rd, 2024 4th, Jack Doyle, Jordan Wilkins 

CIN Receives: Parris Campbell, Mark Glowsinski, PHI 2021 5th

IND Receives: 2021 2nd, 2021 3rd   

I love Campbell but would move him if there is a team that would bite. Glowsinki’s value is interesting because he’s got positive value but - the 6.5 cap hit might be rich. I think a team like the Bengals with needs at both of the positions would bite for a couple mid round picks. 

Cap: 58.9 mil 

Re-Sign: 

Xavier Rhodes, 2 years 14.6 mil 

Xavier Rhodes performed very well this past year proving worthy of a longer term extension. He’s a great fit in Eberflus’ scheme. 

Justin Houston,  2 years 20 mil 

Houstons been very dependable throughout the past two years. He’s brought consistent pressure and played the run really well. I think he deserves another extension as he can continue to produce at this level for another two years. 

T.Y. Hilton, 2 year, 20.2 mil

Retaining T.Y. not only brings back a dependable WR who could *flourish* with Carson Wentz behind center, but it also allows for another season of mentorship for Pittman, Pascal and the entire WR room. T.Y. deserves to be a Colt for life. 

Anthony Walker, 2 years, 8 mil 

Retaining Anthony Walker is a nice move for now to keep our defense intact. I would love to see us snag Karamoah-Owusu or someone of that caliber in the draft but think its a long shot considering other priorities - Walker is a fine compromise. 

Malik Hooker, 1 year / 4.6 million 

A one year prove it deal to Malik. He may get more on the open market, but I would be okay with a deal like this if he wants to prove his place on our D. Long term, I am fine with a Blackmon-Willis safety duo, but Ballard loves DB and versaltilty, so why not? 

Cap: 25.5 mil

Free Agency: 

Von Miller, 1 year / 10.5 million 

This feels like an Indy move if Denver doesn’t bite on his 19 mil club option. He’s a vet who can come in and show he’s still got the juice for another year (or beyond if he plays up to 

Kyle Juszczyk, 2 years / 9 million 

BOOM! Finnally bringing a real FB back to Indy. Juice would be perfect in our system - he’s more than a traditional FB - he is like adding another TE on the field if he is ultized properly. I would love to add him to our O. 

Cap: 9.25 mil 

Extension: 

Braden Smith: 4 years / 44 mil

Draft: 

Trade 21 to Cleveland for 26 and a 3rd round pick

1 (CLE): Alex Leatherwood, OT/OG, Alabama 

Leatherwood, 6’6 is a former 5 star recruit who is dominant in the run game. He may struggle on the edge against athletic rushers if he doesn’t improve his technique - but he can always kick inside to guard if needed.

2 (CIN): Tyson Campbell, CB, Georgia

Campbell has tremendous size at 6’2. He’s still raw but he flashed coverage skills in many big games this year. He could compete with Rock to be CB2 day 1, and if both pan out we could have Campbell and Rock with Kenny inside as the outside corners after Rhodes next contract is up. 

3 (CIN): Deonte Brown, OG, Alabama 

Doubling down on the Bama OL men. Trading away Glo who was inconsistent in his own right, left a whole at RG. Brown can slide in day 1 and start - solidifying our OL with young, talented, cheap (for now) studs. Having a dominant OL and winning the LOS trickles down into our dominant run game and ultimately a successful passing attack giving Wentz some weapons and protection. 

3: Amon-Ra St-Brown, WR, USC

Reunite Pittman with his former runningmate at WR at USC - St-Brwon is a big play receiver who could be a dependable weapon in our offence for the considerable future. 

3 (CLE): Hunter Long, TE, Boston College 

Athletic receiving TE who has some blocking abilities. We like to run a lot of multi tight end sets so adding another young, athletic TE is the move here. 

4: Tony Fields II, LB, WVU 

Fields is an athletic backer who can provide value as a sub backer. He’s a solid tackler and had two productive seasons for WVU. 

5: Kylin Johnson, RB, Mississippi St.

Kylin’s got all the talent in the world to be a productive NFL running back. He had a great performance against LSU to start the season but had a locker room incident which will cause him to fall considerable. He’s a developmental kid who could be solid in our rotation if he gets his head straight. 

Roster: 

QB - Wentz, Eason 

RB - Taylor, Hines, Johnson

FB - Juzczyk

WR - Hilton, Pittman, Pascal, St-Brown 

TE - Ertz, Ali-Cox, Long

LT - Leatherwood, Green

LG - Nelson, Hunt

C - Kelly, Pinter

RG - Brown, Eldercamp

RT - Smith, Clark

Edge - Miller, Banoglu

IDL - Buckner, Lewis

IDL - Stewart, Muhmmamed

Edge - Houston, Turay

WLB - Leonard, Adams

ILB - Walker, Fields, Franklin

SLB - Okereke, Speed

CB - Rhodes, Campbell, Moore, Ya-Sin, Rodgers

FS - Blackmon, Hooker, Wilson

SS - Willis, Odum

The Bengals trade is terrible, I’m also not a fan of giving away players for the Eagles trade since Ertz will most likely be a FA anyways. 

I also don’t understand why keep Hooker when they seem happy with Blackmon. Walker is not gonna stay for a 2 year 8 mil contract. 

lastly I wouldn’t trust Leatherwood at LT and adding another rookie at RG, just sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. 

On 2/14/2021 at 3:33 PM, CR91 said:

So you wanna trade away one of our linemen to start two rookies? Not like Cincy would even do that deal.

This is ridiculous. Nobody would be surprised if the Colts took a guard with an early pick, they've had interest in a number of second/third round prospects. If a player like Brown is available to make the jump from Glo - you take it. 

Cincy deal could essentially be Campbell for a 2nd and Glo + 5th for a 3rd. That's not crazy - theres also simple logic behind taking a developmental RB3 after trading away Wilkins. 

2 minutes ago, RealityIsLuck said:

This is ridiculous. Nobody would be surprised if the Colts took a guard with an early pick, they've had interest in a number of second/third round prospects. If a player like Brown is available to make the jump from Glo - you take it. 

Cincy deal could essentially be Campbell for a 2nd and Glo + 5th for a 3rd. That's not crazy - theres also simple logic behind taking a developmental RB3 after trading away Wilkins. 

We would never get this deal regardless. What are you arguing.

13 hours ago, RealityIsLuck said:

Why would Bengals trade a premium 2nd round pick for current second round bust Paris?  I’m just struggling to think why Bengals would do that.  Paying more value than what the Colts paid to get him despite him doing nothing in the league so far.   

Archived