Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Colts Jerseys!

CCH

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To each his own but I think the Seahawks new uni's are pretty bad. I think Oregon has the second ugliest uniforms in football next to the new Maryland ones. The Colts are an old franchise will protect the brand image like the Packers, Bears, Steelers, Cowboys etc. I'm sure some people out there call Michigan, Texas, Penn St., Alabama etc. uniforms boring, but I would argue they are the best in football because of the tradition. Oregon's look like an acid trip. Oregon had no real football tradition until recently so that is why they had to go off the map and let Phil Knight and Nike do whatever he wanted to make them relevant.

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

I am not seeing too many changes to the uniforms from Reebok to Nike. Almost all teams are basically keeping the same look.

The only things I see different are the Giants and Buccaneers are adding new stripes to the pant legs and the I think Buffalo added a logo to the pant leg. Looks like the Jags added a little gray to the pant legs. The only team that has really made changes is the Seahawks... name on the front and the emblems on the legs.

Good to see things are staying the same, even though they have "changed." Thanks Nike for the increase in replica jerseys prices.

I understand those who want to uphold tradition, but I'll say it: I kind of like Seattle's new jerseys, I liked Oregon's jerseys, I didn't mind Maryland's jerseys. If we could change our jerseys every year, that would be awesome. Some people like to see the same thing every year, but I'd love to see us mix it up. The new jerseys look great from a general standpoint, but I would have loved more changes just for the fun of it. If jersey's changed every year or so, who cares if the jerseys sucked one year, they'd always be new the next year. I guess I can always cross my fingers for some sweet alternate jerseys if/when they reveals those.

The jerseys are a bland compared to the seahawks jerseys... just like ppl go to one church because the building is beautiful its the same with uniforms... could have attracted more fans with a new patent or design.

The game is what is important not the uniform and new fans because of uniform design don't watch to see the game.

The game is what is important not the uniform and new fans because of uniform design don't watch to see the game.

If the uniforms weren't important they wouldn't be that big if a deal as they were now would they, some ppl start to like teams for the strangest reasons.

If the uniforms weren't important they wouldn't be that big if a deal as they were now would they, some ppl start to like teams for the strangest reasons.

And on the flip side could start to dislike a team for the strangest reasons :P. As implied above these are just the standard ones so hopefully the alternate/throwbacks/throwforwards/pro combat/exoskeleton others will keep everyone happy with the traditionalists getting to keep the classic look and the rest providing the variety for those who fancy a bit of change.

And on the flip side could start to dislike a team for the strangest reasons :P. As implied above these are just the standard ones so hopefully the alternate/throwbacks/throwforwards/pro combat/exoskeleton others will keep everyone happy with the traditionalists getting to keep the classic look and the rest providing the variety for those who fancy a bit of change.

Well yea but that's less likely to happen, I'm sure different varieties are gonna come for alternates but I'm talking about the standard uniform. A streak on the pants or blue standard helmet.. me personally I think all this was over hyped for nothing cause the suspected changes weren't what really went down...

More changes to the unis will come after this season but it probably won't be noticeable either.

Well yea but that's less likely to happen, I'm sure different varieties are gonna come for alternates but I'm talking about the standard uniform. A streak on the pants or blue standard helmet.. me personally I think all this was over hyped for nothing cause the suspected changes weren't what really went down...

More changes to the unis will come after this season but it probably won't be noticeable either.

The strange thing with the NFL is that the majority of the alternates are white. In football over here, the home shirts tend to be left alone to maintain tradition, while the away shirts are used to make drastic changes, mainly so they can sell a new one every year.

I like the look just fine, part of what got me into the Colts in the first place, but agree something new isn't necessarily a bad thing.

The strange thing with the NFL is that the majority of the alternates are white. In football over here, the home shirts tend to be left alone to maintain tradition, while the away shirts are used to make drastic changes, mainly so they can sell a new one every year.

I like the look just fine, part of what got me into the Colts in the first place, but agree something new isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I don't mind the white jerseys but I'm just saying with all they hype Nike built up and with their executive talking about big changes it didn't seem that big to me...

Kinda figured you were in the UK, most ppl in the US are probably just waking up lol

But even then, they change the home shirts every year! Only in minor ways to leave tradition, but still enough to make people shell out £40 a year. In some cases dramatic - my Southampton team switched to the sash for a year

But even then, they change the home shirts every year! Only in minor ways to leave tradition, but still enough to make people shell out £40 a year. In some cases dramatic - my Southampton team switched to the sash for a year

Very true, but at least you can still have last years and not look totally out of place, tend to avoid away shirts unless I really like it. Saying that I don't buy them really now, £40 for a non-top flight shirt is a bit OTT.

Very true, but at least you can still have last years and not look totally out of place, tend to avoid away shirts unless I really like it. Saying that I don't buy them really now, £40 for a non-top flight shirt is a bit OTT.

I buy one every couple of seasons, no point getting one every year! Away shirt I haven't bought since I was a kid, though. Out of interest, who do you support - United or Wednesday, I'm guessing?

Ha neither, I'm a North End fan.I'm guessing then from you Hampshire supporting that you're also from the UK?

You're not the only North End fan on here - OllyDawes is as well!

Yes I am - raised near Southampton but now in Surrey for uni :)

Only a few made a deal about the uniforms mostly hype drummed up to boost sales, and I'll admit some people become fans for strange reasons....