Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

League Head Coach Hires

Zoltan

12 minutes ago, Superman said:

Kind of related, and I didn't think it was worth a new topic... Packers HC considering giving up play calling duties. I love this, and I wish Reich would consider it. I have always thought the head coach being a primary play caller is a liability, even when he's a good play caller. 

That is interesting because I didn't think offensive play calling was a problem.

7 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

That is interesting because I didn't think offensive play calling was a problem.

I think there were a number of times that offensive play calling lacked rhythm, and I would say it would go back as far as 2018 (the Chiefs playoff game for example). 

And especially as it relates to overall game management. The Colts obviously planned to use JB as a short yardage QB, but there were times where the flow of the game was interrupted due to these substitutions. Even times when the substitution didn't happen, but the players involved were uncertain of the play call, or it came in late while Reich was deciding, or maybe working through the scenario with his assistants, etc. 

29 minutes ago, Superman said:

I think there were a number of times that offensive play calling lacked rhythm, and I would say it would go back as far as 2018 (the Chiefs playoff game for example). 

And especially as it relates to overall game management. The Colts obviously planned to use JB as a short yardage QB, but there were times where the flow of the game was interrupted due to these substitutions. Even times when the substitution didn't happen, but the players involved were uncertain of the play call, or it came in late while Reich was deciding, or maybe working through the scenario with his assistants, etc. 

I was talking Packers not Colts

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

No PROBLEM, really, OK there was some improvement the last 3-4 games, I will give you that (I think PR was calling more plays) Our Play calling is predictable, conservative and makes me go crazy every game. We do not have a hurry-up offense, we do not have a 2-minute offense, we do not even have a no huddle offense. We run some pretty creative plays at the beginning of games successfully and then never call those plays again, especially in the 2nd half. No screens, no quick slants, no use of the clock just to name a few of the things wrong with FR calling the plays.

If not for our Running game and the Defense we would of lost 2-3 more games this year.

I have long been over FR calling the plays

2 hours ago, onebad150 said:

No PROBLEM, really, OK there was some improvement the last 3-4 games, I will give you that (I think PR was calling more plays) Our Play calling is predictable, conservative and makes me go crazy every game. We do not have a hurry-up offense, we do not have a 2-minute offense, we do not even have a no huddle offense. We run some pretty creative plays at the beginning of games successfully and then never call those plays again, especially in the 2nd half. No screens, no quick slants, no use of the clock just to name a few of the things wrong with FR calling the plays.

If not for our Running game and the Defense we would of lost 2-3 more games this year.

I have long been over FR calling the plays

Once again I wasn’t talking about the Colts. I was talking about the Packers since the tweet was in reference of them not us and this is in the NFL general topic not Colts football topic

On 2/1/2021 at 1:13 PM, Zoltan said:

Once again I wasn’t talking about the Colts. I was talking about the Packers since the tweet was in reference of them not us and this is in the NFL general topic not Colts football topic

I didn't watch the Packers enough to know whether there were play calling issues with their offense. But the idea that LaFleur is considering surrendering play calling -- presumably to give more attention to the overall team operation on gameday -- is interesting to me. 

Archived