Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Buckner AFC Defensive player of the month. Taylor AFC Offensive Rookie of the month.

Indyfan4life

Buckner was getting QB hits earlier in the year and was just missing on several of them being sacks instead.

7 of his 9.5 sacks came in the last month of the season... I'm somewhat curious as to what percentage of this huge boost was related to (a) him just getting more familiar with his supporting cast, (b) maybe improving his game shape as the as the season went on after missing pre-season and having a weird offseason, (c) improved play from his supporting cast helping take pressure off him, (d) playing against worse OL/more sack-prone QBs.

I guess it doesn't matter too much, as the fact that he's turning his QB hits into QB sacks is very encouraging, especially if he can keep it up going into the post-season.

51 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

I'm somewhat curious as to what percentage of this huge boost was related to (a) him just getting more familiar with his supporting cast, (b) maybe improving his game shape as the as the season went on after missing pre-season and having a weird offseason, (c) improved play from his supporting cast helping take pressure off him, (d) playing against worse OL/more sack-prone QBs, (e) the return of Kemoko Turay.

Finished the options for ya, CBE. :D

1 minute ago, Dogg63 said:

Finished the options for ya, CBE. :D

I was thinking of putting that directly in option C (improved play from his supporting cast helping take pressure off him), but I didn't.  Turay has slowly been getting better and did get his first sack last week against Jax... but his playing time has been pretty minimal since his return.  

I wonder if there are advanced stats to show the actual DL rotation in the game when Buckner was getting his sacks (in other words, was Turay lined up next to him on most of them?).  

Archived