Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Some teams have all the luck

danlhart87

No pun intended but you will understand after 

Bears have never in their entire history had a 4000 yard passer. Foles current stats could have helped them if he started from Week 1. He didn't and would have to average 358 YPG last 6 to get them over that 4000 mark.

Peyton and Luck combined for 21 years as Colts QBs and if you eliminate the seasons where they got injured and played 15 games or more that leaves 15 out of 18 years where they passed over 4k

8 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

No pun intended but you will understand after 

Bears have never in their entire history had a 4000 yard passer. Foles current stats could have helped them if he started from Week 1. He didn't and would have to average 358 YPG last 6 to get them over that 4000 mark.

Peyton and Luck combined for 21 years as Colts QBs and if you eliminate the seasons where they got injured and played 15 games or more that leaves 15 out of 18 years where they passed over 4k

I wouldn't say luck played a huge role in it.  The team chooses their starting QB.   The Bears chose Trubisky.  

On Trubisky, is he done in Chicago?  I know he hasn't been good, and for me my eye test showed me.   But, just from the stat sheet numbers, he hasn't been horrible in his first few years.  63.1% completions, 54 TD, 32 INT.

18 minutes ago, Myles said:

I wouldn't say luck played a huge role in it.  The team chooses their starting QB.   The Bears chose Trubisky.  

On Trubisky, is he done in Chicago?  I know he hasn't been good, and for me my eye test showed me.   But, just from the stat sheet numbers, he hasn't been horrible in his first few years.  63.1% completions, 54 TD, 32 INT.

The second Trubisky has bad game he's replaced or there's talk of him being benched. 

After Rivers awful game against Ravens some wanted him benched but I'm glad the Colts are sticking with him.

That's always been the Bears biggest issue to me. The inability to stick with someone at QB despite struggles. If Foles struggles next game they might go back to Trubisky sadly.

9 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

The second Trubisky has bad game he's replaced or there's talk of him being benched. 

After Rivers awful game against Ravens some wanted him benched but I'm glad the Colts are sticking with him.

That's always been the Bears biggest issue to me. The inability to stick with someone at QB despite struggles. If Foles struggles next game they might go back to Trubisky sadly.

With Foles' injury, Matt Nagy might get the excuse to go back to Trubisky. He was playing fine except for a brief time against the Falcons where Foles came in as a relief pitcher and got them the W. Foles, after several stints, it is obvious that he is good only as a relief pitcher. He caught lightning in a bottle as a relief QB as well for the Eagles SB run in 2017, just like Flacco caught fire in 2012. They should just put Trubisky back in there and with their OL issues, Trubisky's mobility to extend plays is going to help tremendously.

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

With Foles' injury, Matt Nagy might get the excuse to go back to Trubisky. He was playing fine except for a brief time against the Falcons where Foles came in as a relief pitcher and got them the W. Foles, after several stints, it is obvious that he is good only as a relief pitcher. He caught lightning in a bottle as a relief QB as well for the Eagles SB run in 2017, just like Flacco caught fire in 2012. They should just put Trubisky back in there and with their OL issues, Trubisky's mobility to extend plays is going to help tremendously.

Thats the point though

Eventually Trubisky will start again then suck and be replaced its like they can't stick with one guy. 

37 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Thats the point though

Eventually Trubisky will start again then suck and be replaced its like they can't stick with one guy. 

Bottom line, Matt Nagy is feeling the heat of not truly being the QB whisperer people thought he was and the coaching staff he surrounded Trubisky with needed to produce a little more from him. That is what I am gathering.

22 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

And to think Bears could have had both.

Had Luck gave Ballard a heads up we could have had one of them also. 

It pains me to think of the damage Lucks sudden change of heart did to this organization. 

A love/hate situation no matter how I look at it. 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Had Luck gave Ballard a heads up we could have had one of them also. 

It pains me to think of the damage Lucks sudden change of heart did to this organization. 

A love/hate situation no matter how I look at it. 

People need to stop criticizing Luck for retiring. He made a decision for his health and his family that I fully support. 

The timing was bad his family and health is more important than a game. 

3 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I didn't think Trubisky was that bad either.. although the clouds of Mahomes and Watson will forever be cast upon him. Poor dude...

True, but I don't think Mahomes or Watson would have been as productive as they've been if they played in Chicago. 

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

People need to stop criticizing Luck for retiring. He made a decision for his health and his family that I fully support. 

The timing was bad his family and health is more important than a game. 

Criticizing retirement? No..  Criticizing the timing? Yes.

He said he had been thinking about it a couple of weeks before he did it. 

Hearing about it during a pre season game from the media? IMO that does deserve to be criticized. 

Archived