Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2013 Qbs And Tradeback Possibilities For The Colts

I expect 3 QBs - Matt Barkley, USC; Landry Jones, Oklahoma; and Tyler Bray, Tennessee to all go in the top 10 next year.

So, if the Colts land a pick in the top 10 next year, trade back options with additional draft pick possibilities are huge, IMO.

I am thinking Robert Woods, WR from USC or even Keenan Allen, WR from California.

However, if we let go of Freeney, Jarvis Jones of Georgia as a stand up rusher at OLB/DE becomes real intriguing, so does the NT Johnathan Hankins of Ohio State.

Thoughts???

There will be a lot of QBs in next year's draft. Matt Barkley, Landry Jones, Aaron Murray and Tyler Wilson are all 1st rounders next year, and there are also guys like RGIII who come out of nowhere. I actually think we'll be drafting somewhere between 6-15 next year, so we may or may not be in a QB spot. My favorite prospects for us next year are Robert Woods, who will likely be a top 10 pick, Jarvis Jones and Sam Montgomery who are OLB in the 3-4 and Jonathan Hankins, the NT from Ohio State.

If Donald Brown does not do well as the premiere back next year we could draft Marcus Lattimore, but I'm not sure what last year's knee injury does to his draft stock next year, maybe our 2nd round pick?

Robert Woods is a top 5 prospect that will definitely stay in the top 10. Sam Montgomery is my choice if we trade back. It doesn't mean we have to keep Freeney and we can still have a top tier pass rushing 3-4 OLB and 4-3 DE.

I think the only QB that will go outside the top 5, but stay in the top 10 will be Jones. It will all depend on their value next year.

We drafted Edge in '99 as an offensive weapon for our 2nd year QB and I expect we will probably do the same if we can't get an impact receiver or back in this year's draft. Woods and Lattimore would be obvious choices. Jarvis Jones, Montgomery and Mingo from LSU would be solid pickups on D if we trade down for more picks.

When I was initially watching Woods I figured he was a AJ Green sized receiver but I was shocked when he was listed as around Reggie's size 6'1" 186lbs. Maybe his stature moves him out of the top five but he looks like a stud to me. Lattimore would probably have been a better prospect than Richardson if he hadn't blown out his knee. You hate to see stuff like that.

Chad how about you and me just wait till this draft is over because you and me are going to be posting a lot of information about players and what not for the 2013 draft.

Sounds like a plan. A week prior to the draft, I will start a Colts draft contest like last year. It does get more exciting as the draft day gets closer :).

I expect 3 QBs - Matt Barkley, USC; Landry Jones, Oklahoma; and Tyler Bray, Tennessee to all go in the top 10 next year.

So, if the Colts land a pick in the top 10 next year, trade back options with additional draft pick possibilities are huge, IMO.

I am thinking Robert Woods, WR from USC or even Keenan Allen, WR from California.

However, if we let go of Freeney, Jarvis Jones of Georgia as a stand up rusher at OLB/DE becomes real intriguing, so does the NT Johnathan Hankins of Ohio State.

Thoughts???

Robert Woods is likely to be the WR in the Draft in opinion. And Keenen Allen was recruited as a Saftey and played some, and I think he will likely stay another year at Least.

How can we tell at this point? Who knows who will step up on this new Colts team, let alone who will have good college years. If we can get a stud at a position of need in next year's draft, we do it. If we can't, and can trade for a boatload of picks, we do it.