Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sports Science-Peyton Manning

NewEra

Thank you for posting this. This is exactly what I have been trying to tell people who claim that PM's neck is now stronger than ever. That claim is not true.

In addition to the loss of flexibility, the spinal joints above and below the fusion will now have to pick up the fused load, making them that much weaker.

Thank you for posting this. This is exactly what I have been trying to tell people who claim that PM's neck is now stronger than ever. That claim is not true.

In addition to the loss of flexibility, the spinal joints above and below the fusion will now have to pick up the fused load, making them that much weaker.

Frog I guess we will see. Right?

On this point, I really don't want to see. I don't ever want to see Peyton test the strength of his adjacent cervical joints. I don't want to see the results, if that test shows failure.

Well since we are moving on from Peyton I don't even understand why this was posted and then posted in the Colts section. Just seems like some more stirring to me. I am moving on and thought others were as well. I wish Peyton well and hope he has a good season but lets put his health to rest and let his new team worry about it. That's their worry and not the Colts. JMO of course

Peyton is the one who had to make the decision about his health and surely knows more than anyone else how he feels.

Speaking from experience (two spinal fusions - lumbar), I understand about the additional stress on the areas above and below the fusion. But his original issue was from injury and not from an ongoing problem like disk degeneration. The stress will be limited and those areas will be strong.

All any of us can do is wish him the best now and in the future. He has decided to play.

But this thread will be moved to NFL General. Thanks for posting it. I found it interesting from multiple standpoints. :)

Just saw it when I looked up Lucks sports science. I for one am thankful for Peyton and wish him the best but can't wait to start the Luck era. I guess some people are still sensitive.

Sorry if I came across badly I am not sensitive just want to move on and let Peyton have his career. I'm ready to start a new year with a new QB.