Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The A. J. Edds Experiment

atapcl

Could Edds move to ILB to compete with Angerer? Both Edds and Angerer have similar skill sets. Edds had 5 ints his last year at Iowa. The highlight film on Edds shows he is able to do a good job transitioning with TEs and RBs in the passing game. Angerer was able to do this as well. Angerer has better uper body strength than Edds and so that would be something Edds would have to work on. Pagano wants a bigger defense and Edds is 6-4 244 while Angerer is 6-0 235 both having about the same speed.

Edds was just as productive at Iowa as Angerer was and many thought he would be a better pro..................he, Jerrell Freeman and Mario Harvey will more than likely battle it out for 3rd and 4th on the Inside Linebacker depth chart. I would say that Edds has the upper hand having been with us for a year AND he was drafted by the Dolphins (3-4) and spent some time with the Patriots (3-4) before coming over to us last year!

Edds was just as productive at Iowa as Angerer was and many thought he would be a better pro..................he, Jerrell Freeman and Mario Harvey will more than likely battle it out for 3rd and 4th on the Inside Linebacker depth chart. I would say that Edds has the upper hand having been with us for a year AND he was drafted by the Dolphins (3-4) and spent some time with the Patriots (3-4) before coming over to us last year!

Early injuries held him back

I don't know enough about Freeman and Harvey's game, but what I like about Edds is that he is supposed to be very good in pass protection. Give the state of our Corner position and the fact that guys like Z , Angerer, Mathis, Freeny?, and Conner are all suspect against the pass, Edds might have a lot more value to us than one would initially think.

Didn't he get owned by a ridiculous stiff arm last year???? Does anyone remember the game that was in??? Thats all I can remember about his play last season. apparently I have selective memory because I don't rememebr much about last season...

it was a blindside block on a punt at Cincy. Rang his bell pretty good.

[quote name=Franchise' timestamp='1332528053' post

='182584]

The hit is around the 0:08 mark

Looks like a clean hit to me. Shoulder to shoulder, not head to head

He got a concussion on that hit, but that was probably just due to whiplash or his head hitting the ground violently.

That wouldn't suprise me I think Edds was a pretty sharp coverage LB as you can see from this video.

Thanks this is what I was talking about. He has the ability to cover the Gronkowskis and Hernandezs of the NFL. If he could build his upper body in the weight room he could make a good coverage ILB.

That wouldn't suprise me I think Edds was a pretty sharp coverage LB as you can see from this video.

I think it would be smart. Edds and Angerer feed off each other on the field. They tore it up at Iowa. Freeney and Mathis have the chemistry, and they'll be OLBs. Let our ILBs have chemistry too. Edds and Angerer have that.