Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Good Job Ballard

Lucky Colts Fan

9 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

For one thing that is not what I said. 

There is no need to put words and your own meanings to what I did say. 

I did no such thing. That’s what Rakeen implied.

I never said you did. So don’t put words into my mouth about the words I didn’t put into your mouth but you say I did, even though nothing is coming out of our mouths because this is a message board, and this has gone on way too long, so I’m sorry for the miscommunication and misunderstanding which was never my intention. 

2 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I did no such thing. That’s what Rakeen implied.

I never said you did. So don’t put words into my mouth about the words I didn’t put into your mouth but you say I did, even though nothing is coming out of our mouths because this is a message board, and this has gone on way too long, so I’m sorry for the miscommunication and misunderstanding which was never my intention. 

But yet you quoted me. 

29 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Because I was responding to your comment that you quoted me on... 

Look, I appreciate you explaining yourself over the miscommunication.

With that said, I never insinuated that Irsay gave Ballard an order and told him to do anything. 

But you have to realize that Irsay is not merely just a fly on the wall either.

It was just simple input he added to the conversation when listening to Ballard and crew talking about Taylor. You can bet Irsay was very aware of Taylor's talent and was taking notice as the 2nd round was moving along. With an Edgerrin James type talent level you can bank on it. 

Ballard's words were Irsay said move up and get him. (or something of that nature)

As far as With The Next Pick, that is all edited and none of us can be sure of what was said about who and what order it was said. Plus the context of what was said  can be misconstrued very easily. 

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

You can bet Irsay was very aware of Taylor's talent and was taking notice as the 2nd round was moving along.

I can bet that the entire zoom conference was aware of Taylor’s talent and watching/discussing as the round moved along... Irsay was just a single voice in that conversation, offering validation for the trade up to get him... 

The thing about Chris Ballard is that he has a plan and works the plan. As much as possible, Ballard eliminates the gambling from player acquisition. Very rarely is a player a complete bust. The exceptions, such as Quincy Wilson, appear to be "lack of motivation" cases, and that seems rare. Great GM!

Archived