Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Combine measurements Thread

45 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

This is some great measurement for Julian Okwara. PFF thinks he will kill the testing too. It's possible he jumps into late first conversation after the combine. He's kind of a Ballard type too... Watch out for him if he falls to the second. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, stitches said:

This is some great measurement for Julian Okwara. PFF thinks he will kill the testing too. It's possible he jumps into late first conversation after the combine. He's kind of a Ballard type too... Watch out for him if he falls to the second. 

After seeing what Ballard values in edge rushers, It’s almost a guarantee we come out of this draft with one. It’s a deep class and all the guys are long and will probably test fast. I wouldn’t mind taking Okwara in the 2nd round.

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Wow, Marlon really added some weight. As far as I can recall, he was playing DE at around 280ish. Looks to be embracing the move to DT.

One of the biggest knocks on Benito was his arm length, which seems to actually not be an issue based on these measurements. It's not outstanding, but he's no T-Rex either.

1 minute ago, Shive said:

Wow, Marlon really added some weight. As far as I can recall, he was playing DE at around 280ish. Looks to be embracing the move to DT.

Yeah he showed up to the Senior Bowl at that weight and won reps from every alignment. He’s an IDL that can play in multiple fronts and schemes. 

• Like 1

Last two seasons were disappointing but that length gets you excited all over again.

The issue with Davis is that the measurables were always there and always the reason for his hype. His biggest issue is that he hasn't improved and some have said he's actually regressed since his sophomore season. Dude has some amazing measurables and will probably test well, but he just hasn't put it all together on the field. The upside is insane if it clicks though.

1 hour ago, stitches said:

I'm a little bit weary with Okwara. He's got the measurables and athleticism, but his lack of production worries me. He also lacks the play strength to hold up in the run game. I've seen a lot of projections as a 3-4 OLB to take advantage of his athleticism and minimize his deficiencies in the run game.

Javon Kinlaw won't work out at the combine. Still has knee tendinitis. 

This is somewhat concerning. I've heard several people express worry about his knee BEFORE this development and now it shows up again. It happened at the Sernior bowl too. No idea how serious it is, but some seem to think it might drop him in the draft.

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Javon Kinlaw won't work out at the combine. Still has knee tendinitis. 

This is somewhat concerning. I've heard several people express worry about his knee BEFORE this development and now it shows up again. It happened at the Sernior bowl too. No idea how serious it is, but some seem to think it might drop him in the draft.

Well if it was serious, this is the place we’d find that out since medicals are a big part of the combine. I wonder what type of fall he could have? Wonder if it’ll be Maurice Hurst like.

4 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Well if it was serious, this is the place we’d find that out since medicals are a big part of the combine. I wonder what type of fall he could have? Wonder if it’ll be Maurice Hurst like.

No, I doubt it... Hurst's thing was potentially life threatening... We are talking something more along the lines of Jawaan Taylor or Jeffery Simmons... maybe 10-15 spots, maybe a round... but I doubt more... 

• Like 1

Definitely the Ballard prototype 

Thought he was taller. It’s a fine height but they had him at like 6’1” lol

I like him on day 3

I’ve been watching him since last year. He’s a perfect scheme and culture fit for what we do. Flourishes in zone.

• Like 2

Here's an article about Seahawks' preference for their CBs to have long arms(over 32")

https://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/25533/in-search-of-a-seahawks-type-cb-start-with-32-inch-arms

Ballard is similar and our FO has connections to the Seahawks one... so... can you guess what's in common between Quincy Wilson, Rock Ya-Sin and Marvell Tell? Yep... all of them have arms 32" or longer:

Quincy Wilson 32¼"

Rock Ya-Sin 33⅛"

Marvell Tell 32"

So yeah... watch out for that in the measurements today. 

5 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Definitely the Ballard prototype 

I’ve been watching him since last year. He’s a perfect scheme and culture fit for what we do. Flourishes in zone.

Yep, agree...I just posted about Ballard's tendencies to draft long corners - similar to Seahwaks FO, we are drafting CBs with arms longer than 32". All of Wilson, Rock and Marvell hit that mark. 

• Like 1

@Defjamz26 thanks for posting those... Here are all CBs that measured with 32" or longer arms:

Alabama CB Trevon Diggs
Virginia CB Bryce Hall
Nebraska CB Lamar Jackson
Tulane CB Bopete Keyes
Iowa CB Michael Ojemudia
Ohio State CB Jeff Okudah
Georgia Southern CB Kindle Vildor

Close but not quite there:

TCU CB Jeff Gladney
Temple CB Harrison Hand
Auburn CB Noah Igbinoghene

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

@Defjamz26 thanks for posting those... Here are all CBs that measured with 32" or longer arms:

Alabama CB Trevon Diggs
Virginia CB Bryce Hall
Nebraska CB Lamar Jackson
Tulane CB Bopete Keyes
Iowa CB Michael Ojemudia
Ohio State CB Jeff Okudah
Georgia Southern CB Kindle Vildor

Close but not quite there:

TCU CB Jeff Gladney
Temple CB Harrison Hand
Auburn CB Noah Igbinoghene

You’ll have to do a topic one day that looks at all the common physical traits (like arm length, height, and speed) and the character Traits that Ballard likes to build a profile of who we may target in the draft. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

You’ll have to do a topic one day that looks at all the common physical traits (like arm length, height, and speed) and the character Traits that Ballard likes to build a profile of who we may target in the draft. 

I mean... I'm not sure there are a lot of strict criteria... he seems to value length at CB(Wilson, Rock, Marvell) and LB(Leonard, Okereke, Speed)... explosiveness in pass-rushers... 

20 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

100% agreed. His biggest question mark is the broken ankle. If medical checks go well, I don't see how he's not on our board. He checks every single box for a CB for Ballard.

• Like 1