Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

P.J Walker

18 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

He is lighting it up in the XFL.  I am perplexed as to why people on this board clamour for Kelly but u dont hear a whisper when it comes to Walker.  Just saying!!!!

Good question. I wonder if an NFL team will give him a chance as a backup.

I think it's important to keep in mind the difference in level of competition between the XFL and NFL. The XFL is full of a bunch of guys that generally couldn't land a starting spot on an NFL team at this point in time.

Walker very may well have needed a change in scheme to thrive, but I don't see his success in the XFL thus far as an indication of potential success in the NFL. 

The XFL guys are all vying for, at best, a third string depth job in the NFL, IMO. I would be hard pressed to see a starter for an NFL team coming out of the XFL, as it exists right now.

Maybe, when they get more 2nd string guys that didn't get starter jobs in the NFL, then maybe a few could graduate later, just not now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shive said:

I think it's important to keep in mind the difference in level of competition between the XFL and NFL. The XFL is full of a bunch of guys that generally couldn't land a starting spot on an NFL team at this point in time.

Walker very may well have needed a change in scheme to thrive, but I don't see his success in the XFL thus far as an indication of potential success in the NFL. 

I agree with u.  However, most people on this board were prepared to annoit Kelly when he played against 3rd stringers.  U know, those same players that r now playing in the XFL.  Just find it interesting.  Kelly seems to be the fair haired golden child, yet his history is riddled with bad decisions. Just sayin