Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Since 1997....

PuntersArePeopleToo

Since 1997, the Colts have never made the playoffs in a year in which the same QB did not start in all 16 games. In that same time, the Colts missed the playoffs only twice when that happened (1998, 2001). In their entire Indianapolis History the Colts have made the playoffs 3 seasons when that was the case including a strike year (1987) and the back to back (1995, 1996). While this doesn't mean much, I found it interesting as that means in my lifetime (Born 1997), the Colts need the same qb to start all 16 games. Even 15/16 doesn't do it and we seem to miss the playoff by one game at that point. 

Also, since I started watching the Colts in 2005ish the Colts have made the playoffs every year that the Colts QB started all 16 games. 

Interesting numbers but looks to me like a situation of correlation not being the same as causation. 

Having your main QB in the lineup for all 16 games will obviously always be preferable but will be a lot more besides that to result in making playoffs. 

I know its stating the obvious but worth mentioning. 

4 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Since 1997, the Colts have never made the playoffs in a year in which the same QB did not start in all 16 games. In that same time, the Colts missed the playoffs only twice when that happened (1998, 2001). In their entire Indianapolis History the Colts have made the playoffs 3 seasons when that was the case including a strike year (1987) and the back to back (1995, 1996). While this doesn't mean much, I found it interesting as that means in my lifetime (Born 1997), the Colts need the same qb to start all 16 games. Even 15/16 doesn't do it and we seem to miss the playoff by one game at that point. 

Also, since I started watching the Colts in 2005ish the Colts have made the playoffs every year that the Colts QB started all 16 games. 

yeahhhh but, all of those playoff teams were qb'd by either Peyton or Luck, right?

it's not just being healthy, it's having a HOF qb

On 1/5/2020 at 6:33 PM, Gigc said:

yeahhhh but, all of those playoff teams were qb'd by either Peyton or Luck, right?

it's not just being healthy, it's having a HOF qb

And ik, I just been thinking about this since the second Brissett got ruled out for MIA game. At that point I realized our season hopes were over. Again, it is fully based on in my lifetime, Harbaugh was only qb few games the year I was born, Brissett, starts 15/16 both years but the first was as the backup not original starter. And yes HOF QB is always gonna help, but I feel if Brissett had not missed the MIA game we would  be in the playoffs.