Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offseason QB Questions/Answers

Okay now that the season is over, time to discuss the elephant in the room. The QB, the draft and Free agency

My questions has many parts. 

If we are to draft a QB at 13, who do you want?

Herbert or Love

If we pass at 13 on a QB, who do you want at that pick?

Henry Ruggs, Tee Higgins or Javon Kinlaw

Then, what QB do you want later in the draft, Rounds 2-4?

Jacob Eason, Jalen Hurts, Alex Gordon( He is my favorite QB in the draft)

If we are to bring in a FA/ Trade for QB, who do you want?

Derek Carr

If we go no QB all offseason, what 3 major moves, both Draft and FA, would you like?

Yannick Ngakoue

Chris Jones

AJ Green

Your Turn!!

10 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

You forgot to include Fromm on that list. If you saw From from his highlight reels, he was pretty accurate and timely on his throws.  He's a lot better than the QB who just humiliated us in the last game of the season...I would take him if we can't get Burrows.

The bolded  were my choices. I didn’t include Fromm because I don’t have him high on my list. Also I really think he is going back to school. 

23 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Okay now that the season is over, time to discuss the elephant in the room. The QB, the draft and Free agency

Herbert or Love

Either are good choices, but 13 seems too soon

If we go WR CEE DEE

Gordon

Derek Carr

Carr

If we go no QB all offseason, what 3 major moves, both Draft and FA, would you like?

Yannick Ngakoue

Chris Jones

AJ Green

Your Turn!!

We need DT more than DE   Chis Jones

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Never heard of a team desperate for a QB, wait until the 2nd Rd to get their “guy.”

I think Ballard moves into the top 10 for either Herbert, Tua or Love. 

I would move some picks to get Tua, but think Miami will grab him

I see SD grabbing Herbert, so if he was our "guy" we would have to trade some extra picks to move ahead of them.

6 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I would move some picks to get Tua, but think Miami will grab him

I see SD grabbing Herbert, so if he was our "guy" we would have to trade some extra picks to move ahead of them.

I really think Ballard will trade up! He’s got three years as GM. The Colts are trending backwards. Not good for him. 

Gun to my head, if I have to take a QB at #13, I’d take Herbert if he’s there. I just can’t look past Tua’s injuries, not after what we just went through. And I like Love, but there just seems to be such a massive space between his floor and ceiling. Although, if Love was there at our early 2nd? But that’s a whole different scenario, taking a risk on waiting to draft a QB.

If we had to take a QB later...I’d say Gordon. Although I’m very back and forth on him too.

Honestly though, I’m not really completely sold on any of the QB prospects outside of the obvious, Burrow. And we have no shot at him.

But then, I guess that’s the dilemma of having to find a franchise QB.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Herbert or Love

Derek Carr

Yannick Ngakoue

Chris Jones

AJ Green

Your Turn!!

I think it's gonna be a very difficult pick at 13.

I don't believe in Love enough to take him at 13.

I also think someone like Carolina or Jacksonville will trade up with Detroit or the Giants to take Herbert before Miami has a chance at 5.  Leaving him off the table for us.

And it's possible that both Tee Higgins and Javon Kinlaw could be gone at 13.  I sure hope not!

If Love is still around at 34, I would take him there.  I would also take Eason in the second round as well.

I like the idea of Derek Carr, if the Raiders are ready to move on from him.  In terms of pure comparison, I think that Foles, Rivers, Dalton, and Manning are all better than JB.  And I wouldn't cry too much if we made a move in any of those directions as well.  Obviously, none of them would be the Future.  But simply as "better than what we have", I would be ok with it.

Anthony Gordon, Washington St., I take it is who everyone means???  One year - those kinds of players scare me.  And that doesn't even get into the Leach offense and the time it would take to convert him to a pro-style offense...   Leach QBs crank out video game numbers all the time.  I don't think any has done a thing in the NFL.  Minshew and Couch might be the high water marks. 

I think Eason, Fromm, Love will be the possibilities at 34, maybe 44 too.  I don't think the Colts go QB at 13.  I believe there will be a DL or WR or LT who sits there and has to be taken.

There is something about Fromm's story that reminds me of Peyton Manning at Tennessee.  I'm not comparing the two.  I'm comparing the journey.  I'm saying had it not been for Alabama Fromm might have a title or two, and how does that change the narrative?  Had it not been for Florida, Manning might have...  

Anyway, 35-7 in 42 college games.  Competed every year for a SEC title, albeit not in draw-dropping fashion or with crazy stats.  Leader on rosters full of NFL talent.  The stage won't be too big for him.  Based on what the Colts do, how they're built, I think Fromm could start from day one and not be any worse than JB, would execute the play action pass game better, and has a ton more upside.    I feel the same about Eason.  I'm not on the Love, Newman, Hurts, Mond, Montez train.  Yet.