Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nice Game

CS Coltsfan

Instead of steering towards the negative, I'm going to list some things I'm glad about from this game:

1 - I'm glad that Marlin Mack got his 1,000 yards for the season

2 - I'm glad that Justin Houston got his 10th sack of the season

3 - I'm glad that the defense registered 7 passes defended, including 5 by Desir to go along with his 2 interceptions

4 - I'm glad the Colts gained over 200 yards rushing for the third time this year

5 - I'm glad Nyheim Hines set a new team record with 195 punt return yards and 2 punt return TD's

6 - I'm glad the Colts did not have a single penalty called against them

Yes, there's a lot to still be less than happy with, as this board has proven.  But I'm going to take pleasure in some accomplishments from our young team.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Anybody notice any “wrinkles” on offense?

maybe a lil uptempo.  Anything else?  119 yards passing.  When they said “try some things with JB”, i didnt think it was new handoff tricks.  Im a lil confused.

i enjoyed the heck out of the game, but add in a first-start QB that looked overwhelmed, and take away 21 points from Hines (and 195 return yards), and its a close game again against a bad team.

Im most happy with the urgency and energy they played with.  Finally a fun game to watch.  Im anxious to see how we play next week.  I hope we keep the energy.

Jb was more magical handing off, you didn't notice shia labeouf magic GIF

3 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Scott, you always have good, level headed posts, and I normally agree with you.  I agree with this one, except for #3.  There is a major issue with the defense, and it's because of the scheme.

I'm not an expert, so I have to assume that we play that scheme because of the talent mandates it.  So, it could be lack of talent.  Especially at the DT positions.

It's very obvious that the D works well when playing against subpar teams or teams with average to below average QBs.  It worked very well in 18 because we faced so many teams with average to poor QBs.  Not so much this year.  You saw what bad teams with halfway decent QBs did to us, like Miami and TB.  Not to mention bad teams with good QBs like Atlanta (yes, we won the game - barely).

Thank you!

I agree to a certain extent with the D. Could we use a big body at NT that is a stud, yes. Round 1, pick 13-17 please.

As far as the zone coverages I feel like we were a victim of some injuries in the secondary, coupled with bringing young players along. Tell, Willis, Ya Sin were all rookies and it showed from time to time.....when we were ABLE to play man the defense looked noticeably better to me.

The defense looked off when Leonard was out, though those 3 aforementioned rookies plus Okereke and Banogu will make for a more solid defense next season.

• Like 1