Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

4-Round Mock

Let me preface this by saying I am all for building an "Indomitable" defense that will shut everyone down, however, this National Pundit has obviously not watched a Colts game this year based off of these 5 picks in the first 4 rounds.

18. Indianapolis Colts | Raekwon Davis | DL | Alabama

This defensive line needs reinforcements across the board, and in this scenario, the value is better inside than on the edge. Davis is a         massive, versatile defender who is still barely scratching the surface of potential.

35. Indianapolis Colts (from WAS) | Terrell Lewis | EDGE | Alabama

49. Indianapolis Colts | Tyler Johnson | WR | Minnesota

84. Indianapolis Colts | Lavert Hill | CB | Michigan

115. Indianapolis Colts | Richie Grant | S | UCF

A DT, DE, WR, CB and a S.......

While I will not argue that each of these areas could be improved, but, our defense has not been the big toe of this team. Our Kicking Game has literally cost us 4 games and our Offense NEEDS playmakers. Full Stop....

Banogu, Muhammad and Turay are pretty good depth at DE.

Desir, Moore, Rock and Tell are a solid group of corners - even with Wilson in the doghouse again.

Willis is playing at an extremely high level (for a 4th Round Rookie) and Odum is a quality backup for both him and Hooker.

We could use another big body behind Stewart, but, it's not the weakness that is was the first 3 games of the season.

What we need to draft is the best WR available at 18, the next best WR available at 35, and the best developmental QB at 49 (Jordan Love), draft the best combo tight end available at 84 and THEN starting with your 4th round pick fill in depth on the defense - I say depth because there are likely no open starters positions on defense based off of what has been drafted the last couple of years.

That would leave you with Brissett with a young stud to grow/learn

That would give us T.Y., Pascal, Campbell, Fountain and 2 stud draft picks at WR

That would give us a re-signed Doyle/Ebron (only one), ACox, Travis and a young stud TE

The running game is in good hands with the combo of backs we have plus that OLine

The infusion of 3 young playmakers at WR and TE would be huge. Plus these fluke injuries to Campbell have to end sometime, correct?

• Like 1

I really like Tyler Johnson. This WR class is loaded. If a great edge or corner falls, I wouldn’t mind going there as great receiver will be there at the top of second. But if somehow Lamb or Jeudy are there, Ballard needs to do his best Usain bolt impersonation to the podium. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boo2202 said:

I really like Tyler Johnson. This WR class is loaded. If a great edge or corner falls, I wouldn’t mind going there as great receiver will be there at the top of second. But if somehow Lamb or Jeudy are there, Ballard needs to do his best Usain bolt impersonation to the podium. 

I agree....I only laughed because of the Usain reference.....lol

Not a bad mock, though.  I like the first pick.

I'm thinking there should be a TE and a RB in there, maybe where the EDGE and CB are drafted.  At pick 35 we could get excellent talent at TE.  We only need a compliment power back for Mack, and pick 84 or 115 should fill that need with good value.

The second WR we need can be a FA.

37 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think this is going to be a offensive draft. The defense is at the point where maybe we try and upgrade with a couple good FA.

Couldn't agree more. I think we will see -in some order- a QB, WR, and TE taken in the Day 1/2 picks, with a likely DT thrown in. 

I'd love to see them get Love at QB, Lamb at WR, Gallimore at DT, and Brycen Hopkins at TE or Cole Kmet if he declares from Notre Dame.

I truly think it is 50/50 of the Colts take a QB in the first 2 rounds. I’ve been listening the stampede blue podcast and he mentioned an interesting note. 

We have heard Ballard and Reich say that they believe Jacoby is a top 20 QB. Would they be saying this and dump him after this year. Or would they look at all the tape for this and say if we get him a few more playmakers and , more importantly, get our playmakers healthy,  do we believe that he could be a top 10-15 QB and lead an efficient offense? Go take a listen to it. A very good listen. 

also, I don’t see Lamb dropping to us.