Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South as of Week 8

runthepost

1 minute ago, Calmack said:

Sometimes genes just win out. The guy is 6 8" and athletic AF. Also, lots of players aren't physical specimens coming out of HS. In college with their training programs, diet plans, coaches, etc is where they really develop.

Oh my....agree to disagree.  I believe u r born a great  athlete but I agree u can improve with the other things u mentioned. 

9 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

K show me.  Name me another great athlete who was average till the age of say 20?

Julian Edelman has done pretty good in New England for a guy who was QB at Kent State.  

How about Jeff Saturday he went from undersized undrafted cut player to maybe a Hall of Fame player.

As much as I hate to say this Tom Brady went from a QB who split time at QB at Michigan and sixth round draft pick to well Tom Brady.

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Larry Bird

the Unforgettables of UK

Kurt Warner

Johnny Unitas 

My Dad

To name a few

Hmmmmmm.  U just proved my point.  Those guys u mentioned were great players indeed, however I would not even come close to regarding them as great athletes.  Watt was an average athlete and player (te) at 20 years old who went on to become a hall of fame player(dt) and a freakish athlete.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Julian Edelman has done pretty good in New England for a guy who was QB at Kent State.  

How about Jeff Saturday he went from undersized undrafted cut player to maybe a Hall of Fame player.

As much as I hate to say this Tom Brady went from a QB who split time at QB at Michigan and sixth round draft pick to well Tom Brady.

Don Rhodes

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Does anyone know what the term great athlete means?  Gretzky was mayb the most dominant player in sports.  I doubt he could dunk a basketball or run 100 meters under 11 secs

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Hmmmmmm.  U just proved my point.  Those guys u mentioned were great players indeed, however I would not even come close to regarding them as great athletes.  Watt was an average athlete and player (te) at 20 years old who went on to become a hall of fame player(dt) and a freakish athlete.

Bird was immature and quit school

Warner went to a DII school and had to play in the AFL before he got a shot 

Unitas was playing Semipro ball before the Colts signed him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Does anyone know what the term great athlete means?  Gretzky was mayb the most dominant player in sports.  I doubt he could dunk a basketball or run 100 meters under 11 secs

We do just because it doesn’t mean these guys weren’t great athletes in their sport.

Most of the time guys are great at one sport because that’s what they spend all their time working on and developing to get better at.  

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Bird was immature and quit school

Warner went to a DII school and had to play in the AFL before he got a shot 

Unitas was playing Semipro ball before the Colts 

U r really not supporting your argument but u r making my point stronger 

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Do you know any great athletes because I do

I was a teammate of a MLB draftee who owns a team record

Opponent of a MLB draftee who lead a team to a NCAA Championship and played in the NFL

Coached a NCAA D1 lineman

Coached against a future Colt

Mentored a future WNBA Draft Pick

10 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Is dunking a basketball part of the definition of an athlete?   I don't think so.  It is athletic, but so is skating.   

11 hours ago, CheezyColt said:

Lol, he also has 2 brothers in the NFL. Sometimes genetics just win. Sorry you didn't hit the genetic lottery, but there's zero evidence to suggest JJ is abusing PEDs. Your 40 years of pumping iron are irrelevant to that. Kudos to your dedication, though.

This pretty much ends the debate in my mind.