Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South as of Week 8

runthepost

Great topic! 18 wins, find one better. We found a way today. Wow! What a great time to be alive, be a Colt’s fan. Did you see Frank on the sideline when the G.O.A.T. hit the kick. One word - Smooth!!! 

This Division is tough. Minshew Mania,Tannehill reinvigorated and Watson was great. 

Lets play ball boys. Put your jerseys on an let’s get up!!!! Go Blue!!!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Great topic! 18 wins, find one better. We found a way today. Wow! What a great time to be alive, be a Colt’s fan. Did you see Frank on the sideline when the G.O.A.T. hit the kick. One word - Smooth!!! 

This Division is tough. Minshew Mania,Tannehill reinvigorated and Watson was great. 

Lets play ball boys. Put your jerseys on an let’s get up!!!! Go Blue!!!

I love this post.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As much as I want to win, I hate to hear that. I like beating them when Watt and Watson, Hopkins are healthy, etc.. Watt is one of my favorite players in the league actually. 

The guy is, by all appearances, every thing you want in a player. A professional, with skill and heart.  A leader on and off the field.  I will miss watching him play, if he is out. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As much as I want to win, I hate to hear that. I like beating them when Watt and Watson, Hopkins are healthy, etc.. Watt is one of my favorite players in the league actually. 

I hate to see any player get hurt.  Watt is not only a great player, he’s a great human being.  

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Colts also are currently sitting in second place in the AFC. It'll stay that way as long as the chiefs lose

Pretty cool to think about it. The start to this season had me wondering.

Now we're in the drivers seat for the second seed. If the team can keep finding ways to win, wouldn't that be something to have a bye.

Ill take the playoffs though. Thats a huge achievement in this very tough division where no team is an easy W.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

Now we're in the drivers seat for the second seed. If the team can keep finding ways to win, wouldn't that be something to have a bye.

Ill take the playoffs though. Thats a huge achievement in this very tough division were no team is an easy W.

That win we have already over Houston is huge. As of now we have all tiebreakers too.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I still can't believe the Bears took Trubisky over him. He couldn't carry Watson's jock. Watson half blind throws a perfect pass!

And they passed on that Mahomes kid...

Thats approaching Ryan Lief turf the big difference is that the Chargers didn’t have a choice as the Colts took Peyton.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

Ill take the playoffs though. Thats a huge achievement in this very tough division were no team is an easy W.

Who would have beat on that when Luck retired?

The Colts schedule gets a lot harder down the stretch though with four division games plus a road trip to New Orleans and home game with the Panthers.  They also have to go to Tampa in there but that’s the least daunting of the last seven.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's a different topic but imagine had we took Leaf? 

I don’t want too lol.  I lived through the Jeff George era once already.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Who would have beat on that when Luck retired?

The Colts schedule gets a lot harder down the stretch though with four division games plus a road trip to New Orleans and home game with the Panthers.  They also have to go to Tampa in there but that’s the least daunting of the last seven.

I don’t want too lol

Me either, I am sure you meant you don't want to know. That would've bad had that happen.

Next Week:

Colts at Steelers  Colts W

Texans at Jaguars   Jaguars W (Jags got a chance at home)

Titans at Panthers   Panthers W

Not looking too bad for us as long as Steelers don't beat up on us like they have been the past few seasons. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Watt is the poster child for what happens when someone takes PEDs long term.  His body is breaking down.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Houston quietly has 5 sacks for the season. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We already won at Tennessee, I am a little worried about the Jags. 

We played Mariota. Ryan has played great the last two games. That defense is good. 

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

No he hasn't.  U dont go from a walk on tight end delivering pizzas to one of the best DTs in the history of the NFL without a little help. Or in his case a lot of help.

Everyone in the NFL besides maybe Eli Manning is on some form of PEDS.... 

Watt is just more relentless and hard working than others

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Watt is the poster child for what happens when someone takes PEDs long term.  His body is breaking down.

Well until he tests positive for something I’d be careful staying this like it’s a proven fact because it’s not.  I am not saying you are wrong because I don’t know and you could very well be right but there is no concrete proof to back up your claim other than injuries, which is fair to raise questions but is not enough to make this a fact.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

No he hasn't.  U dont go from a walk on tight end delivering pizzas to one of the best DTs in the history of the NFL without a little help. Or in his case a lot of help.

6 minutes ago, Calmack said:

200.gif

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Calmack said:

I agree.  I think a lot of players use PEDs.   I just think Watt abuses them as evidenced by his body continually breaking down. He was an average athlete coming out of high school who has gone on to be regarded as one of the freak athletes in NFL history. Hmmmm. I just have my opinion.  I have lifted weight and trained for the last 40 years.  

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I agree.  I think a lot of players use PEDs.   I just think Watt abuses them as evidenced by his body continually breaking down. He was an average athlete coming out of high school who has gone on to be regarded as one of the freak athletes in NFL history. Hmmmm. I just have my opinion.  I have lifted weight and trained for the last 40 years.  

Unless you part of USADA that statement is baseless

Many players are poorly recruited and have successful college/pro careers

I don’t believe JW is the type of guy to risk the livelihood of his other players 

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Lol, he also has 2 brothers in the NFL. Sometimes genetics just win. Sorry you didn't hit the genetic lottery, but there's zero evidence to suggest JJ is abusing PEDs. Your 40 years of pumping iron are irrelevant to that. Kudos to your dedication, though.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Sometimes genes just win out. The guy is 6 8" and athletic AF. Also, lots of players aren't physical specimens coming out of HS. In college with their training programs, diet plans, coaches, etc is where they really develop.