Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everyone is 2-2

BigQungus

4 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

All 2-2 but get the feeling it's Colts division to lose. Already beat Tenn on road, Jax struggling even vs Denver who is awful and Houston's O line getting worse if thats possible.

Its a long season.  I think we're built for the long haul. But are stars have to be healthy and that's not a reflection on our depth.  We don't have a Top 5 QB that can hide offensive and defensive weaknesses.  We need Mack, Leonard, TY, and Hooker back - although #37 can ball.  That was the good news from yesterday.

• Like 1

Totally agree health of the 4 clubs will be a factor. If we dont have T.Y. or leonard back that will be a crusher, I think Wilkins can fill Mack's shoes and Willis showed well yesetrday in place of Hooker that's for sure. The O line of the Colts may be the best unit of any of the 4 teams can ill afford anyone banged up there/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MTC said:

It's a 16 game season. Next week won't decide anything no matter the wins or losses in the division. 

I agree, it's not time to panic yet, etc.... but we're past the 1/4 point in the season now and every game will start to matter.  The AFC right now has the Pats and Chiefs at 4-0, Buffalo at 3-1, and 8 teams at 2-2 and 5 teams with 0 wins.  The four division winners get in (I think it's safe to assume the Chiefs and Pats West and East, while the North and South are kind of in a lockjam).  Then there are 2 wildcard teams.  I think we are in good position to win our division and hopefully we can go at least 4-2 (5-1 or 6-0 obviously better) in our divisional games.  If we don't win the division, it looks like it's going to be pretty tight and likely come down to tiebreakers to see who gets into the wildcard if things keep going as they are.

After KC, the only really tough out-of-division contest for us upon returning from Bye looks to be New Orleans (we've got Miami, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, Denver and Carolina -- all of those teams have been pretty bad so far).  Jacksonville still has New Orleans, Oakland, Chargers, Atlanta (IMO, much more difficult than our out of division games).  Houston still has KC, New Orleans, New England, Oakland, Baltimore and Atlanta (again, more difficult than our schedule).  Tennessee has Buffalo, Oakland, New Orleans, KC, and Oakland (again, more difficult than our schedule).  

I'm with you, that next week isn't make or break, especially since after the bye we have the easiest schedule in our division having gotten all the hard non-divisional games except NO out of the way.  However, at this point in the season every week is going to start mattering for playoff implications.  

31 minutes ago, Smash Mouth said:

Its a long season.  I think we're built for the long haul. But are stars have to be healthy and that's not a reflection on our depth.  We don't have a Top 5 QB that can hide offensive and defensive weaknesses.  We need Mack, Leonard, TY, and Hooker back - although #37 can ball.  That was the good news from yesterday.

Yes, we need to get healthy.  We were 1-5 last year and went on a run.  To me, this suggests the team trusts themselves and believes in the coaching staff. 

A few good things are (1) I don't think we've seen our guys put on their best performance yet, (2) the younger players seem to be getting slightly better each week, (3) we could easily be 3-1 (if Vinny didn't miss week 1 kicks) and potentially 4-0 (if we actually showed up yesterday) -- in otherwords, we aren't getting blown out and have been in every game, we need Brissett to lead a comeback or win a very tight game to get some confidence up, IMO, (4) we should be getting Leonard, Hooker, TY, and Funchess back in the not-so-distant future, and (5) our division doesn't seem to have any single team which is capable of running away with the title so we ought to be in the hunt with a less than stellar record.

I'm with Reich's motto '1-0' each week and get 1% better every day.  If the team gets just a little better each day, we'll be in good position to pick things up after the bye, especially if we stay healthy.

• Like 1