Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Darius Leonard is in the concussion protocol

DownHillRunner

On 9/16/2019 at 11:12 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

Dont always go by the stats.  Watch the tape.  His position in this D will always have tons of tackles.  Whats alarming is his poor performances in pass coverage.  U can go back to the KC game and it is some what alarming how he seems to regressed.   I chalk it up to playing better offensive teams and he is getting exposed.  I look forward to Speed and Okerke getting a chance

The KC game was more of a lack of good safeties. Hooker was out and we started a player off the street...we are going to get exposed without him.

On 9/17/2019 at 4:05 AM, Nickster said:

The way Leonard’s been playing, it might be a good thing.  He’s been brutal.  He got the coverage sack in the 4Q, but he’s been awful.

Tackle numbers aren’t overly significant.  Look at the stats.  Every teams MLB gets at least 8-10 tackles every week.

Hes poor in coverage.

I agree with u.  People on this forum just look at stats.  I have watched the film and he is poor in coverage and gets blown up in running plays.  I think he is to light.  I also think Leonard believes his own hype and   is playing for stats.  Call me crazy.....but would not b surprised if we have 2 lbs ready to take advantage of their opportunities.