Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
DownHillRunner

Darius Leonard is in the concussion protocol

Recommended Posts

If Leonard can't go on Sunday, I hope we give EJ Speed some reps. He showed me a lot in the preseason that if given an opportunity he will shine. I'm banking on Leonard to play Sunday though. Home opener, sold out game, he's not going to miss this game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DownHillRunner said:

If Leonard can't go on Sunday, I hope we give EJ Speed some reps. He showed me a lot in the preseason that if given an opportunity he will shine. I'm banking on Leonard to play Sunday though. Home opener, sold out game, he's not going to miss this game. 

He doesn't have a say in it.   The doctors do. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stinks because I thought he was starting to look like his old self in the 4th qtr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He doesn't have a say in it.   The doctors do. 

So he's banking on the doctors clearing him.

 

Before arguing with someone please take the time to make sure you actually disagree with them.

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

So he's banking on the doctors clearing him.

 

Before arguing with someone please take the time to make sure you actually disagree with them.

I'm not arguing anything.   I said it isn't up to Darius if he plays or not.   I'm sure if it were up to him he would absolutely play. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Okereke can handle it if  D. Leonard can't play.  I like his awareness and those long arms.

Should have picked that ball off from Mariota though. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

OKereke had a couple good plays Sunday but losing Leonard will be bad.

Leonards been struggling a little bit this year.  He played better against the Titans but still a bit spotty.  Of course we need Leonard but I think Okereke will do a pretty good job replacing him for the short term. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leonard is a big loss, but I liked what Okereke showed in the Titans game. Leonard definitely hasn’t lived up to expectations this year, he needs to improve his pass coverage.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he was slow getting up off the turf a few plays in the second half didnt know it was the heat now with this he played through it,

Just now, waka waka said:

he was slow getting up off the turf a few plays in the second half didnt know if it was the heat now with this he played through it,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uggh. I'm hoping this isn't going to be a sophomore slump type season for him. 2 subpar games along with a missed 3rd game isn't a great start to this season for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, IinD said:

Uggh. I'm hoping this isn't going to be a sophomore slump type season for him. 2 subpar games along with a missed 3rd game isn't a great start to this season for him.

Uggh. 10 tackles and a sack is a subpar game?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Uggh. 10 tackles and a sack is a subpar game?

He's definitely taken some early lumps, last week's terrible strip attempt and he was definitely out of position a few times yesterday. Im not writing him off.

 

I'm hoping he doesn't have a sophomore slump is all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, IinD said:

He's definitely taken some early lumps, last week's terrible strip attempt and he was definitely out of position a few times yesterday. Im not writing him off.

 

I'm hoping he doesn't have a sophomore slump is all. 

I think he is trying too hard to best his first season and that’s tough. I have faith he will regain his mojo. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I think he is trying too hard to best his first season and that’s tough. I have faith he will regain his mojo. 

Absolutely a Maniac fan.

 

I'm just panicking because of the concussion talk. Don't want him missing a stretch of games or anything.

 

He's so important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, IinD said:

Absolutely a Maniac fan.

 

I'm just panicking because of the concussion talk. Don't want him missing a stretch of games or anything.

 

He's so important.

More speed and Bobby 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IinD said:

Uggh. I'm hoping this isn't going to be a sophomore slump type season for him. 2 subpar games along with a missed 3rd game isn't a great start to this season for him.

Two subpar games? He had 10 tackles and a ten tackles and a sack

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, krunk said:

I think Okereke can handle it if  D. Leonard can't play.  I like his awareness and those long arms.

Should have picked that ball off from Mariota though. 

 

It's a lot harder to catch a quick pass when you are expecting it to be high over your head instead of right at you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, indyagent17 said:

Two subpar games? He had 10 tackles and a ten tackles and a sack

Dont always go by the stats.  Watch the tape.  His position in this D will always have tons of tackles.  Whats alarming is his poor performances in pass coverage.  U can go back to the KC game and it is some what alarming how he seems to regressed.   I chalk it up to playing better offensive teams and he is getting exposed.  I look forward to Speed and Okerke getting a chance

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how Leonard having 10 tackles, a sack and a forced fumble equates to a sub par game by his standards. Even when he isn’t at his best he’s still clearly one of the best players on the field any given down.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, IinD said:

Absolutely a Maniac fan.

 

I'm just panicking because of the concussion talk. Don't want him missing a stretch of games or anything.

 

He's so important.

If anything, he misses one game. I think the back ups for him are better than a year ago for sure. I actually liked what we seen from Speed and Okereke is a good option as well. Don’t freak out, it’s ok. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jdubu said:

If anything, he misses one game. I think the back ups for him are better than a year ago for sure. I actually liked what we seen from Speed and Okereke is a good option as well. Don’t freak out, it’s ok. 

 

Yeah were much better prepared this year. When Leonard and Walker got injured, we were always in trouble. Ballard sought to it in the draft. Im actually looking forward to seeing what we have in Speed and Okereke.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way Leonard’s been playing, it might be a good thing.  He’s been brutal.  He got the coverage sack in the 4Q, but he’s been awful.

 

Tackle numbers aren’t overly significant.  Look at the stats.  Every teams MLB gets at least 8-10 tackles every week.

 

Hes poor in coverage.

 

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nickster said:

The way Leonard’s been playing, it might be a good thing.  He’s been brutal.  He got the coverage sack in the 4Q, but he’s been awful.

 

Tackle numbers aren’t overly significant.  Look at the stats.  Every teams MLB gets at least 8-10 tackles every week.

 

Hes poor in coverage.

 

 Except Leonard plays the Will if I'm not mistaken.  Walker is the Mike.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nickster said:

The way Leonard’s been playing, it might be a good thing.  He’s been brutal.  He got the coverage sack in the 4Q, but he’s been awful.

 

Tackle numbers aren’t overly significant.  Look at the stats.  Every teams MLB gets at least 8-10 tackles every week.

 

Hes poor in coverage.

 

Yeah.   He sucks!

 

:funny:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DownHillRunner said:

If Leonard can't go on Sunday, I hope we give EJ Speed some reps. He showed me a lot in the preseason that if given an opportunity he will shine. I'm banking on Leonard to play Sunday though. Home opener, sold out game, he's not going to miss this game. 

 

I doubt it.  It's pretty rare that someone on concussion protocol clears it in less than a week.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Colt Overseas said:

 

Yeah were much better prepared this year. When Leonard and Walker got injured, we were always in trouble. Ballard sought to it in the draft. Im actually looking forward to seeing what we have in Speed and Okereke.

Me too. Speed showed excellent promise with increased workload and learning from real play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leonard would have to be back at practice by Friday and have no symptoms if he is going to be cleared for Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

 Except Leonard plays the Will if I'm not mistaken.  Walker is the Mike.  

 

 

 That is true.  In a 4-3 he is a primary tackler.  In a 3-4 you have to MLBs.  Will LB are resposible for the running game tackles on most calls.  Sams run with the TE and other stuff.

 

Leonard's grade is very very bad right now.  He is playing at a replaceable rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was reading somewhere that he lost a bunch of weight.  That is generally not good for a run stuffing LB who is as fast as Leonard.  You need some bulk in there.  I am very concerned about the dude. 

 

He's looked bad and grades out terribly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the posts in this thread are the most drastic over reactions for a second year player who barely played in preseason and reigning DROY that I’ve ever seen. 

 

Takes a season to build trust and 1-2 plays to completely break it eh? 

 

Show some damn patience and open your eyes. He’s not always going to be the star of the game with non stop big plays. He’s young and will go through his lumps. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike Chappell‏Verified account @mchappell51 8m8 minutes ago

Embed Tweet

Mike Chappell Retweeted Indianapolis Colts

Not a good sign for Darius Leonard's availability for Falcons. Just a hunch, but I expect Marlon Mack to play...………. Chappell responding to the fact that Darius did not practice (per injury report )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 5:28 PM, cjrulli said:

Some of the posts in this thread are the most drastic over reactions for a second year player who barely played in preseason and reigning DROY that I’ve ever seen. 

 

Takes a season to build trust and 1-2 plays to completely break it eh? 

 

Show some damn patience and open your eyes. He’s not always going to be the star of the game with non stop big plays. He’s young and will go through his lumps. 

Not only that, but defenses are accounting for him and playing away from him.  People talk about him being bad in coverage do so because they don't understand what they are seeing on the field.  Often times there are two possible receivers in his area and he has to try to stay at their midpoint so he can react when the throw is made.

 

Not to say he's great in coverage because he's not, but he's not terrible at it either, he is adjusting to being the focal point of the offense.  Listen to the QB and how often they call out 53 is MIKE.  That doesn't mean 53 is the middle linebacker, that means that is the person the offensive line they are using as the position for which they are basing their protection.  On pass plays it can also distinguish which zone is going to be flooded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 8:05 AM, Valpo2004 said:

 Except Leonard plays the Will if I'm not mistaken.  Walker is the Mike.  

 

 

I read somewhere that Walker is going to slide to the Will and Okereke is going to be the Mike.  I'll try to find it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walker said in a interview if Leonard doesn’t play he will be the will and okereke will be the mike. Walker said he will still where the communication earpiece.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2019 at 6:22 PM, hoosierhawk said:

Uggh. 10 tackles and a sack is a subpar game?

Stats dont tell the whole story and this is a perfect example. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, B~Town said:

Stats dont tell the whole story and this is a perfect example. 

What makes this a perfect example and who is the judge and jury?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...