Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What's your 53 prediction?

EastStreet

1 minute ago, Jdubu said:

They won’t cut Tell because of his upside. They will have to roll with the mistakes of rookies a bit but I just don’t see Tell getting cut, he has flashed enough in games to deserve the draft pick and development time you expect from a later draft choice. He is making the 53 and it would be quite the shock if somehow he doesn’t. 

I think he should make it too.  I’d keep six with Collins being the odd man out.

11 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think he should make it too.  I’d keep six with Collins being the odd man out.

Yeah, as much as we all wanted Collins to flash that year he had with Atlanta, he just hasn’t done much here. Heck, even Milton was flashing on screen last night. Can’t say I’ve seen Collins flash mich at all this preseason. Granted, I’ve not seen all plays, every game so far but I can’t see Collins making it as he would be a luxury this team doesn’t have the ability to stash. That’s a good thing for the roster overall. 

9 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I thought we'd keep a 6th for a while, but that ended with Fountain going down. Not sure that Pascal's absence really means anything. We know full well what we have in him. Aside from Campbell getting some time finally, I think the rest of the WRs were out there to audition for the PS. And Pascal isn't eligible. While I'd prefer personally to keep 6, I think there are more compelling needs other places and more compelling players.

We'll find out soon enough, I guess. Personally, I'm not too high (or low) on Pascal but I get the sense that the coaches like him and that he'll make the final 53.

2 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

We'll find out soon enough, I guess. Personally, I'm not too high (or low) on Pascal but I get the sense that the coaches like him and that he'll make the final 53.

He's a safe pick, and helps in STs, so I wouldn't be surprised. Personally I'd prefer to keep some of the young fringe/developmental/young guys with high ceilings that are likely to get picked up by another team, and not make it to the PS. Like Inman, I'm not sure Pascal would have great success on another team's 53.

3 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Nothin wrong with picking up some trim any time.

Nothing wrong at all :-)

3 hours ago, Jdubu said:

I fully agree. 

I really wish Fountain was still healthy. Still bummed about that. Overall, I feel WR is very strong in terms of depth with only 5, while I see some other positions more in need, and potentially guys out there with high up side that we need to keep/develop. Tell is just one example that I think can become solid with time. And a guy like Hale, while we really don't need a 4th TE, is better to keep, than risk losing to another team.

• Like 1