Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our Released Players

IndyTrav

The released players were a function of the system in Indy. I and others have commented for years about how most of our players couldn't make the rosters of other teams because of their size and and "softness". Hopefully, the new regime will populate the roster with players that are talented and have NFL level size and toughness.

Anyone notice that we haven't heard any rumors about our cut players outside of Manning?

I haven't seen a single mention of any of them.

Yep and Polians should be really proud of themselves. I was surprised that all the teams weren't jumping for the Painter sweepstakes. LOL! So glad that we finally have new life into this Colts system. It looks like we can have players from the FA market that can play then some other teams trash that would not get on anybody else's roster expect the Colts. I can't wait to see how this year draft turns out.Maybe we can finally draft players that can play and play hard. Should be exciting to watch the draft this year and to years to come. :)

Anyone notice that we haven't heard any rumors about our cut players outside of Manning?

Maybe that should tell us all something. This is what I have been saying, Everyone is up in arms over what. Manning is the only loss and he is 36 coming off 4 surgeries, and people hate on Irsay, I dont get it.

They wont be first tier free agents, I dont think any of us felt they were first tier big name guys (maybe some, but not me). However, I personally felt there was some value in Clark that we could have dipped into for this season, that was my main issue with the list of cuts, the Clark cut. Once Tamme is re-signed, my angst might go down.

But when the dust settles after the big names, teams will pick them up unless they are shot like Bullitt with a bum shoulder. The main one, I feel will be Dallas Clark. Giants signed Martellus Bennett for their blocking TE role that Jake Ballard plays. Both Jake Ballard and Travis Beckum blew their ACLs in the SB and are going to likely start on PUP. So, I expect Dallas Clark to be their receiving TE signed, just my guess. Plus, if the Giants lose Manningham, they move Cruz to the outside and use DC more in the slot.

They wont be first tier free agents, I dont think any of us felt they were first tier big name guys (maybe some, but not me). However, I personally felt there was some value in Clark that we could have dipped into for this season, that was my main issue with the list of cuts, the Clark cut. Once Tamme is re-signed, my angst might go down.

But when the dust settles after the big names, teams will pick them up unless they are shot like Bullitt with a bum shoulder. The main one, I feel will be Dallas Clark. Giants signed Martellus Bennett for their blocking TE role that Jake Ballard plays. Both Jake Ballard and Travis Beckum blew their ACLs in the SB and are going to likely start on PUP. So, I expect Dallas Clark to be their receiving TE signed, just my guess. Plus, if the Giants lose Manningham, they move Cruz to the outside and use DC more in the slot.

We've heard mentions of non tier 1 players. Many in fact. Carlson Boss Bennett just in TE.

We've heard mentions of non tier 1 players. Many in fact. Carlson Boss Bennett just in TE.

It is a long offseason. We know they were cap casualties. Does it matter if they are picked up this week or next week as long as they are picked up?

You and that "always in the know" Andy guy have this angst to shove the "see, I told ya, I am right, I have the facts, you are wrong" opinion down someone's throat when the slightest of news goes in favor of your opinions. You realize that can get old and annoying, right?

We know where you all stand, most of us do :).

It is a long offseason. We know they were cap casualties. Does it matter if they are picked up this week or next week as long as they are picked up?

You and that "always in the know" Andy guy have this angst to shove the "see, I told ya, I am right, I have the facts, you are wrong" opinion down someone's throat when the slightest of news goes in favor of your opinions. You realize that can get old and annoying, right?

Panties in a bunch hombre?

How this became a "see I told you so" thread I'll never know.

You said tier 1 players were the ones in play. I highlight that's not the case. You whine....

Panties in a bunch hombre?

How this became a "see I told you so" thread I'll never know.

You said tier 1 players were the ones in play. I highlight that's not the case. You whine....

I am not whining, you are the one that wont let go (like witnessed in several other threads). You were the one to point out no news about players released and we very well know which side of the coin you were when the players were released. So, in an indirect fashion, you were orchestrating an "I told you so". I am smart enough to realize that and see through that.

Sorry, no grats for you.

The released players were a function of the system in Indy. I and others have commented for years about how most of our players couldn't make the rosters of other teams because of their size and and "softness". Hopefully, the new regime will populate the roster with players that are talented and have NFL level size and toughness.

softness? to be a tiny NFL player you gotta be tough as nails. I think you'd find just the opposite if you asked around the league.

I am not whining, you are the one that wont let go (like witnessed in several other threads). You were the one to point out no news about players released and we very well know which side of the coin you were when the players were released. So, in an indirect fashion, you were orchestrating an "I told you so". I am smart enough to realize that and see through that.

Sorry, no grats for you.

All I see is "indirect" and "I am smart"....

No news regarding our released players. No "Brackett taking a meeting with..." "Clark visting..."....It has nothing to do with how I felt.

But while we are on the subject, it seems to irk you that me, forum Joe Schmo, since July of last year, has called for the release of all of those players, in addition to Freeney(its on its way), and the firing of our entire staff and FO, and was fought at every turn by other members, and yet here we are, and everything I have claimed and asked for has come to pass (minus Freeney)..

...Its almost as if I'm the one making the decisions..........

I think some of you aren't giving enough of them credit, your talking like they were absolute scrubs. I like the roster moves but lets not act like they weren't good enough for any other team.

Clark pre injury had sick hands and was very good TE with YAC. I know he wasn't too good last year but he was coming off a wrist injury with Curtis Painter throwing to him, give him some time. Addai is one of the best complete RB's in the league.

Well said my friend. We all know who they are.

All I see is "indirect" and "I am smart"....

No news regarding our released players. No "Brackett taking a meeting with..." "Clark visting..."....It has nothing to do with how I felt.

But while we are on the subject, it seems to irk you that me, forum Joe Schmo, since July of last year, has called for the release of all of those players, in addition to Freeney(its on its way), and the firing of our entire staff and FO, and was fought at every turn by other members, and yet here we are, and everything I have claimed and asked for has come to pass (minus Freeney)..

Brilliant. Like the commercial.

Sorry dude, I seriously haven't been paying attention to IndyTrav, who has this constant craving to call attention to himself :), since last year, apparently :). Must have missed it, BIG TIME.

Sorry dude, I seriously haven't been paying attention to IndyTrav, who has this constant craving to call attention to himself :), since last year, apparently :). Must have missed it, BIG TIME.

Wait a second.....

You know me. Constant attention grabber. With my always wanting attention. Right. Am I right. Right. Hey Chad, right? Right.

Back to topic. Still no news on those guys. Wonder whats up.